AR15=2, Hogs=0 (WARNING BLOOD)

Post your hunting/trophy photos here, and tell us a little about your trip. WARNING: Some photos will be graphic.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
ExMarlboroMan
Posts in topic: 4

AR15=2, Hogs=0 (WARNING BLOOD)

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

Went hunting with my MIL's fiance on his lease down in Freer. We did some deer hunting, and some quail hunting, but My favorite is the night hunting! This was my third time to hunt with the AR and the first to make a kill with it. We caught these suckers eating the Milo we put out for the quail at about 11:15pm, Took me till 1:45 to finish cleaning them both. No scales to weigh them on, big one was a sow and small one a boar.
Attachments
HOGS2.jpg
HOG2.jpg
NRA Member
"Don't retreat, just reload!"- Sarah Palin
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Re: AR15=2, Hogs=0 (WARNING BLOOD)

Post by RoyGBiv »

Yummy.!

Congrats on the successful hunt.. :hurry:

What time should we all be over for the barbecue?
I like mine "Down East, NC" style...

I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Napier

Post by Napier »

Poor innocent hogs! Reminds me of the doves I feed all year in my yard so somebody else can shoot them.

pbwalker

Post by pbwalker »

Napier wrote:Poor innocent hogs! Reminds me of the doves I feed all year in my yard so somebody else can shoot them.
:headscratch
*NRA Endowment Member* | Veteran
Vote Adam Kraut for the NRA Board of Directors - http://www.adamkraut.com/

Topic author
ExMarlboroMan

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

RoyGBiv wrote:Yummy.!

Congrats on the successful hunt.. :hurry:

What time should we all be over for the barbecue?

MMMM Scott's sounds good!

I would say come on over, but all the meats at the processor right now cept for the backstrap out of the little one is in the freezer.
NRA Member
I do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same...

Bullwhip

Post by Bullwhip »

RoyGBiv wrote:What time should we all be over for the barbecue?
Oh, for a second there I thought you said barbecue. Then you said sauce.

How many pig shooters scald 'em, or just skin 'em? Scalding hogs is a whole lot of work, but I don't want to lose all that skin and fat and cracklin.

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

I got a Bushmaster ORC .308 for Christmas from the wife and broke it in by taking a hog with it a few days ago during a deer hunt. I agree with you, hog hunting is a lot more fun than deer hunting.

Topic author
ExMarlboroMan

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

Carry-a-Kimber wrote:I got a Bushmaster ORC .308 for Christmas from the wife and broke it in by taking a hog with it a few days ago during a deer hunt. I agree with you, hog hunting is a lot more fun than deer hunting.
You sir are a lucky man, I want an AR10 sooo bad! For now my .223 with 55gr hornady soft points will have to do. Yep it's alot of fun, especially hunting at night, riding around, walking through brush, all seems a lot more exhilarating in the dark.

So how'd that 308 do on a hog? one shot kill? where was the hit?
NRA Member

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Obviously it worked for you, but how do you find using the EOTech at night? I like mine a lot, but I've only ever shot it in daylight.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
ExMarlboroMan

Post by ExMarlboroMan »

The Annoyed Man wrote:Obviously it worked for you, but how do you find using the EOTech at night? I like mine a lot, but I've only ever shot it in daylight.
It worked great, night shooting was one of the main reasons i got it. Last hunt I missed three hogs at about 100 yards cause they where about the same size as the front post, and they where solid black like it too. I used a pretty low setting for night, along with a TLR1 to light up things. I need to get me one of them magnifiers to keep it company though.
NRA Member

Carry-a-Kimber
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

ExMarlboroMan wrote:
Carry-a-Kimber wrote:I got a Bushmaster ORC .308 for Christmas from the wife and broke it in by taking a hog with it a few days ago during a deer hunt. I agree with you, hog hunting is a lot more fun than deer hunting.
You sir are a lucky man, I want an AR10 sooo bad! For now my .223 with 55gr hornady soft points will have to do. Yep it's alot of fun, especially hunting at night, riding around, walking through brush, all seems a lot more exhilarating in the dark.

So how'd that 308 do on a hog? one shot kill? where was the hit?
I was very happy with the .308. The hog was a little guy, only about 110lbs, and at 130 yards that 150gr SST dropped him like a bad habit The sun had already set and using an Eotech really made a difference over iron sites with the lack of light. Can't wait til next weekend to try it again. :fire

Randy797

Post by Randy797 »

Best pork you can get !
congrats

Return to “Hunting Photos”