Trying something out

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

tacticool
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Trying something out

Post by tacticool »

I hate my job. Let me start by telling you about the folks I work with.

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is very pretty but she is completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breathe.

The other chick is completely the opposite. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10 and I'm not sure she even shaves her legs. But she might be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, and yet she is here with us.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the stoner and I don't mean Eugene. This guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's.

To make things worse, he brings his big dog to work. Every day I have to look at this huge beast walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Sometimes I even think it's trying to talk. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops for food. Every. Single. Day.

Anyway, we all drive around in my van and we solve mysteries.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

terryg
Posts in topic: 79

Post by terryg »

do you have blond hair and a barrell chest???
... this space intentionally left blank ...

Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Pawpaw »

terryg wrote:do you have blond hair and a barrell chest???
Or just an ascot?
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

paulhailes
Posts in topic: 22

Post by paulhailes »

Hmmm I always thought the van belonged the Shaggy.

terryg
Posts in topic: 79

Post by terryg »

... and I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
... this space intentionally left blank ...

The Mad Moderate
Posts in topic: 55

Post by The Mad Moderate »

tacticool wrote:I hate my job. Let me start by telling you about the folks I work with.

First, there is this supermodel wanna-be chick. Yeah, okay, she is very pretty but she is completely useless. The girl is constantly fixing her hair or putting on makeup. She is extremely self-centered and has never once considered the needs or wants of anyone but herself. She is as dumb as a box of rocks, and I still find it surprising that she has enough brain power to continue to breathe.

The other chick is completely the opposite. She is a zero on a scale of 1 to 10 and I'm not sure she even shaves her legs. But she might be one of the smartest people on the planet. Her career opportunities are endless, and yet she is here with us.

But the jewel of the crowd has got to be the stoner and I don't mean Eugene. This guy is more than just your average pothead. In fact, he is baked before he comes to work, during work, and I'm sure after work. He probably hasn't been sober anytime in the last ten years, and he's only 22. He dresses like a beatnik throwback from the 1960's.

To make things worse, he brings his big dog to work. Every day I have to look at this huge beast walk around half-stoned from the second-hand smoke. Sometimes I even think it's trying to talk. Also, both of them are constantly hungry, requiring multiple stops for food. Every. Single. Day.

I thought they were all stoners, it would explain the midnight muncie runs and seeing monsters all the time.
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

strider67
Posts in topic: 12

Post by strider67 »

Any idea on what those "Scooby snacks" really were? :headscratch
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

USA1
Posts in topic: 94

Post by USA1 »

strider67 wrote:Any idea on what those "Scooby snacks" really were? :headscratch
Hash brownies. :cool:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

A-R
Posts in topic: 30

Post by A-R »

My 5-year-old daughter went to a Scooby Doo themed birthday party this weekend.

Now I have to throw away all the Scooby Doo themed party favors

Thanks a lot ... :grumble

:biggrinjester: :anamatedbanana

strider67
Posts in topic: 12

Post by strider67 »

[quote="A-R"]My 5-year-old daughter went to a Scooby Doo themed birthday party this weekend.

Now I have to throw away all the Scooby Doo themed party favors

Thanks a lot ... :grumble

You may want to consider banning your daughter from hanging around this Scooby-friendly-friend, as well :nono: ...and what kind of an example are these Scooby-friendly-friend's-parents anyway, exposing their child to such things?!?
"When things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plum, mad-dog mean. Cuz' if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win...that's just the way it is." - The Outlaw Josey Wales

apostate
Posts in topic: 57

Post by apostate »

Velma: the Monster Hunter

The Mad Moderate
Posts in topic: 55

Post by The Mad Moderate »

USA1 wrote:
strider67 wrote:Any idea on what those "Scooby snacks" really were? :headscratch
You sound as if you speak from experience. :biggrinjester:
American by birth Texan by the grace of God

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
-Francois Guisot

USA1
Posts in topic: 94

Post by USA1 »

loadedliberal wrote:
USA1 wrote:
...oops, meant to say hash browns. :angel:
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

sjfcontrol
Posts in topic: 327

Post by sjfcontrol »

USA1 wrote:
loadedliberal wrote:
USA1 wrote:
...oops, meant to say hash browns. :angel:

Too Late! But you get Honorable Mention for the attempted clever save! :biggrinjester:
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 50

Post by The Annoyed Man »

tacticool wrote:I hate my job. Let me start by telling you about the folks I work with.

Been reading your MHI books I see........ :mrgreen:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Return to “Off-Topic”