Munday Chevrolet posting outdated signage

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Monkey404error
Posts in topic: 1

Munday Chevrolet posting outdated signage

Post by Monkey404error »

Afternoon all, just wanted some other opinions real quick. I'm at the Munday Chevrolet in north Houston getting an oil change done, when I came across a sign on every door, stating possession of conealed carry prohibited by texas civil statutes article 4413 (29ee). And while I'm certain that this no longer pertains to valid chl holders, was wondering if I should tell them that their intent is clear enough that they don't want my business, and see if it gets pulled down, or would this just make them update it to be compliant with current law.

Tl;dr: poke thhe hornets nest about their signage

Thanks
http://concealedcampus.org/index.htm
Students should also have the rights to defend themselves

74novaman

Re: Munday Chevrolet posting outdated signage

Post by 74novaman »

This is like asking "AR vs AK" or ".45 vs 9mm".

You're going to get a lot of opinions on both sides of this.

My personal view: Not a legally enforceable sign. If it makes them feel better and allows you to continue carrying, why make waves?

Especially since it is an outdated sign. My opinion might be different if it was a 30.06, but posted in .75" letters, for example.
TANSTAAFL

Teamless

Post by Teamless »

not enforceable, I would ignore the sign, it is no different than a simple "no guns" sign
League City, TX
Yankee born, but got to Texas as fast as I could! NRA / PSC / IANAL

Salty1

Post by Salty1 »

Personally I would not say a word, I would not feel good about disarming others if I returned and saw compliant signs posted. What they don't know won't hurt the rest of us...........
Salty1

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

I think you can either ignore it and continue to get your car serviced there if you want, but there's got to be other Chevy dealers around that are not posted. Incorrectly or not.

Or you could choose not to and tell them why, but I wouldn't even hint at the sign not being up to date.

I would probably just go to another dealer. There's only a slim chance of me telling them why.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub
Posts in topic: 2

Post by C-dub »

This reminds me of Grapevine Mills Mall. This is the same wording they have on those monstrosities outside the mall entrances. I don't go there unless there is no other choice and when I do I do not disarm.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”