Problem with documentation.

To keep abreast of site changes, or to post a question, idea or suggestion for the website.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Bersa Granny
Posts in topic: 3

Problem with documentation.

Post by Bersa Granny »

Hello everyone, I sure do need some help from you knowledgable people. My son and I finished our CHL class today, our fingerprints were done a couple of weeks ago at L1, and I did our online applications about a month ago. You would think that we would be all set to toss them in the mail Monday and then start the painful waiting process but I have run into a big problem. When I did our online applications I was able to print out my receipt/checklist with the big barcode and trace number on it, but when I did my sons my computer crashed and I was unable to print his. It has been over 48 hours and it is no longer available for me to print off. When I log in now it just shows his application was done online and they are waiting for the rest of the paperwork. I do have his trace number as I wrote it down, but on my checklist it states that the receipt HAS to be included in the packet with the documentation. I'm in a panic, have I messed his paperwork up completely?? Help!

n5wd
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Problem with documentation.

Post by n5wd »

I'd suggest you give DPS a call and explain the situation to them. Possibly they can email you a .pdf of the receipt or give you an idea if they'd accept the package without the receipt.
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

Valor

Post by Valor »

If you provided an email addy during the application process it may have sent a copy there. It did for me. Best wishes.

jmra

Post by jmra »

I'm sure DPS has delt with this issue before. Give them a call, they will help you through what you need to do.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
Bersa Granny

Post by Bersa Granny »

Thank you so much to those that answered my post. I made a call to Austin first thing this morning, Rebecca in the customer service dept. told me that there was no way they could e-mail the receipt/checklist to us again as another company runs that for them. However, because I had written down the trace number there would be no problem or delay. She stated the only thing we needed to do was to put a face sheet in front of all the other stuff being sent in with the persons name, DOB, DL#, SS#, address, e-mail address, telephone #, and the trace number and to put the trace number on all of the paperwork. She said that it showed in their computer that the application was done and paid for on 04/24/12 and that would be fineit was mainly the trace number they needed from that checklist. Anyway, I hope that helps anyone else that may run into the same problem. Mailed both packets off certified mail at lunch so now the wait begins!!!! Thanks again everyone.

WildBill

Post by WildBill »

Bersa Granny wrote:Thank you so much to those that answered my post. I made a call to Austin first thing this morning, Rebecca in the customer service dept. told me that there was no way they could e-mail the receipt/checklist to us again as another company runs that for them. However, because I had written down the trace number there would be no problem or delay. She stated the only thing we needed to do was to put a face sheet in front of all the other stuff being sent in with the persons name, DOB, DL#, SS#, address, e-mail address, telephone #, and the trace number and to put the trace number on all of the paperwork. She said that it showed in their computer that the application was done and paid for on 04/24/12 and that would be fineit was mainly the trace number they needed from that checklist. Anyway, I hope that helps anyone else that may run into the same problem. Mailed both packets off certified mail at lunch so now the wait begins!!!! Thanks again everyone.
:thumbs2: Good luck Granny!
NRA Endowment Member

MasterOfNone

Post by MasterOfNone »

Bersa Granny wrote:Thank you so much to those that answered my post. I made a call to Austin first thing this morning, Rebecca in the customer service dept. told me that there was no way they could e-mail the receipt/checklist to us again as another company runs that for them. However, because I had written down the trace number there would be no problem or delay. She stated the only thing we needed to do was to put a face sheet in front of all the other stuff being sent in with the persons name, DOB, DL#, SS#, address, e-mail address, telephone #, and the trace number and to put the trace number on all of the paperwork. She said that it showed in their computer that the application was done and paid for on 04/24/12 and that would be fineit was mainly the trace number they needed from that checklist. Anyway, I hope that helps anyone else that may run into the same problem. Mailed both packets off certified mail at lunch so now the wait begins!!!! Thanks again everyone.
So did she say what would happen if you didn't have the trace number? Seems like quite a short-sighted system design, like too many government IT projects.
http://www.PersonalPerimeter.com
DFW area LTC Instructor
NRA Pistol Instructor, Range Safety Officer, Recruiter

Topic author
Bersa Granny

Post by Bersa Granny »

Yes, she stated that if I didn't have the trace number to attach the face sheet to the documents with all of the other info on it and they would use the name, DL# and SS# to match things up but did state that without the trace number it would more than likely cause a delay in processing. Seems like it takes an eternity to get plastic as it is, can't imagine how much longer it could delay things.

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions”