GREAT NEWS ON SB 378!!! SIGNED!!

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
CWOOD
Posts in topic: 2

GREAT NEWS ON SB 378!!! SIGNED!!

Post by CWOOD »

As of today, 3-13-07, SB 378, the companion bill tt HB284 today was PASSED on the 3rd reading

30-0

The final version also has the "Immunity from civil liability" language that I mentioned in the post regarding Companion bill HB284

We are half way there.
Last edited by CWOOD on Tue Mar 27, 2007 7:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Cosmo 9
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Cosmo 9 »

EXCELLENT! 30 to 0 looks good towards the next step.
These Pretzels are making me thirsty!

anygunanywhere

Call Your Representative!!!

Post by anygunanywhere »

I just spoke with Congressman Taylor's office regarding his support of SB378 when it is place in front of the House on Monday. I received a TSRA alert today and called Austin but could not get through. I called his League City office and talked to an assistant.

She had absolutely no idea what SB378 was all about. I explained the legislation to her. She told me she would pass along my comments.

I will try Austin again.

Contact your congresscritters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anygun
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

1TallTXn

Post by 1TallTXn »

http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?ID=2779

Check it out! 133-13 it Passed! Gov Perry is supposed to get it tomorrow to sign it!

can we get a big round of applause?
Taurus PT-111MP
Springfield XD-9 Service

Seventhsword

Post by Seventhsword »

That is great news... :grin:
Seventhsword
NRA Life Member, CHL

gmckinl

Post by gmckinl »

http://frontburner.dmagazine.com/2007/0 ... ot-so-bad/

Steve Blow in yesterday's Dallas Morning News blasted the passage of this bill and the D Magazine applauds him for it. Just thought yall might want to know
NRA Life Member

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

quidni

Post by quidni »

So - is it signed yet? I haven't seen/heard/read anything about it in the last 24 hours or so.
TSRA / NRA
KA5RLA
All guns have at least two safeties. One's digital, one's cognitive. In other words - keep the digit off the trigger until ready to fire, and THINK. Some guns also have mechanical safeties on top of those. But if the first two don't work, the mechanical ones aren't guaranteed. - me

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

quidni wrote:So - is it signed yet? I haven't seen/heard/read anything about it in the last 24 hours or so.
The Governor will sign it on Tuesday in a formal signing.
Chas.

srothstein

Post by srothstein »

I just thought I would point out that this session has a lot of major things going on, school finance has to be dealt with, the TYC problem is being closely watched, and even the start of the session with the election of the speaker caused problems.

Despite all of that, this appears to be the first law to get through the legislature and be signed by the governor. When I checked the list Friday, there had been 49 bills signed, but they were all resolutions of one type or another - such as congratulations or recognizing someone for something.

To me, that says something about the importance of the issue and the way TSRA has been working on this issue and I wanted to give them special thanks.
Steve Rothstein

Liberty

Post by Liberty »

srothstein wrote:I just thought I would point out that this session has a lot of major things going on, school finance has to be dealt with, the TYC problem is being closely watched, and even the start of the session with the election of the speaker caused problems.

Despite all of that, this appears to be the first law to get through the legislature and be signed by the governor. When I checked the list Friday, there had been 49 bills signed, but they were all resolutions of one type or another - such as congratulations or recognizing someone for something.

To me, that says something about the importance of the issue and the way TSRA has been working on this issue and I wanted to give them special thanks.
This wasn't a simple bill, and had to undergo a couple of changes.. It is remarkable that it went through with such speed.

tsteven1

Post by tsteven1 »

I stepped up to life membership in NRA a couple of months ago. This month, I'm getting NRA Life for my son. Next month my daughter.(?) Then I want to upgrade to TSRA Lifer. Thanks for the good news, Charles and others.
God, Guns, & Country.

Topic author
CWOOD
Posts in topic: 2

Gov. Perry signed SB378 today

Post by CWOOD »

It will be in effect as of Septmber 1 of this year.!

HIP !! HIP!! HOORAY!!!!!!

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”