17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

stroo
Posts in topic: 11

Re: 17y/o Killed By Neighborhood Watch/CHL

Post by stroo »

Way back in this thread I said that this was a situation where a gansta wanna be met with a cop wanna be leading inevitably to the death of one of them. I haven't seen anything to disabuse me of that belief.

fishman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by fishman »

stroo wrote:Way back in this thread I said that this was a situation where a gansta wanna be met with a cop wanna be leading inevitably to the death of one of them. I haven't seen anything to disabuse me of that belief.
I think thats a pretty good analogy.Too bad it ended that way, but it doesn't surprise me.
IANAL

Heartland Patriot

Post by Heartland Patriot »

WildBill wrote:
BKRushing wrote:
The Mad Moderate wrote:I think the "hero complex" explains a lot of this.
Totally agree on the hero complex.
Of course, it's not against the law to have a hero complex. Whether or not his actions were legally justified still needs to be adjudicated.
Seems like its been made illegal to have a "hero complex" in some peoples' minds. However, being a "gangsta" is quite alright. Remember, its only ANTI-heros that are "cool" these days...our society has been damaged far beyond the capacity of most to comprehend even how much. I'm not saying I can see all the damage either...I just realize that damage has been done. :mad: :cry:

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 187

Post by baldeagle »

I just posted a timeline of the shooting. I matched up witness statements with George Zimmerman's statements. There were no witnesses that contradicted Zimmerman and many that corroborate various parts of his story. Witnesses confirm where the fight started, various events during the struggle (such as George trying to escape from underneath Trayvon), etc., etc.

http://txantimedia.com/2012/07/13/the-t ... -timeline/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

UPDATE: I have since extensively edited the timeline, adding much more witness testimony including from the documents released on 5/15/2012, and included a front page that explains the schema and my reasoning.
Last edited by baldeagle on Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

WildBill
Posts in topic: 92

Post by WildBill »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
WildBill wrote:
BKRushing wrote:
Of course, it's not against the law to have a hero complex. Whether or not his actions were legally justified still needs to be adjudicated.
Seems like its been made illegal to have a "hero complex" in some peoples' minds. However, being a "gangsta" is quite alright. Remember, its only ANTI-heros that are "cool" these days...our society has been damaged far beyond the capacity of most to comprehend even how much. I'm not saying I can see all the damage either...I just realize that damage has been done. :mad: :cry:
I wonder if any of the FBI agents had a hero complex and that's why they joined the bureau? :shock:
NRA Endowment Member

Panzer Possum
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Panzer Possum »

stroo wrote:Way back in this thread I said that this was a situation where a gansta wanna be met with a cop wanna be leading inevitably to the death of one of them. I haven't seen anything to disabuse me of that belief.
In a violent confrontation between a cop and a gangsta, I'm rooting for the cop. I'm not ashamed of that.

BKRushing
Posts in topic: 11

Post by BKRushing »

Heartland Patriot wrote:
WildBill wrote:
BKRushing wrote:
Big difference between a hero complex and a hero. Zimmerman was playing cop without the training an LEO has and made poor choices with a tragic outcome. Just as Trayvon Martin made some poor choices that night as well by going back outside after making it home safely.

And I agree with you, this gangsta crap is just that....crap.
Glovebox & EDC: Glock 26 9mm
Summer Carry: Ruger LCP .380

psijac
Posts in topic: 20

Post by psijac »

BKRushing wrote:
Big difference between a hero complex and a hero. Zimmerman was playing cop without the training an LEO has and made poor choices with a tragic outcome.

I am no law enforcement office but what kind of cop training would have prevented this tragedy?
07/25/09 - CHL class completed
07/31/09 - Received Pin/Packet sent.
09/23/09 - Plastic in hand!!

Dave2
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Dave2 »

psijac wrote:
BKRushing wrote:
Big difference between a hero complex and a hero. Zimmerman was playing cop without the training an LEO has and made poor choices with a tragic outcome.

I am no law enforcement office but what kind of cop training would have prevented this tragedy?
I'm not sure how much of a difference the training by itself would've made, but Zimmerman having a badge probably would've put Martin in a different frame of mind. And even if it didn't, since, at least on TV, cops always have a partner with them, Martin probably wouldn't have been able to get Zimmerman on the ground.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

recaffeination

Post by recaffeination »

I missed the part where Zimmerman tried to handcuff or arrest Martin. Can someone point that out?

The stories I read said he saw someone who didn't live in the neighborhood and fit the desription of recent burglary suspects in the neighborhood. Was it a tactical mistake to get out of his vehicle to see better? In hindsight, yes. The same could be said about a mugging victim who wore expensve jewelry or a rape victim who wore sexy clothng.

ScooterSissy
Posts in topic: 128

Post by ScooterSissy »

recaffeination wrote:I missed the part where Zimmerman tried to handcuff or arrest Martin. Can someone point that out?
Of course they can't - the whole "wannabe cop" and "hero complex" stuff is simply misdirection. Keep in mind, many LEOs and even non-carrying citizens think all CHL/CCL folks are wannabe cops, hero-complexed, paranoid, or some other pre-determined label simply because they carry a gun.

philip964
Posts in topic: 215

Post by philip964 »

News flash!!! Zimmerman is alleged to have molested over a ten year period a female family relative.
Woman came forward to prosecutors, and prosecutors released audio tapes of interview, so Zimmerman could get a fair trial.

Started when she was six years old. He was 8 at the time.

RottenApple
Posts in topic: 39

Post by RottenApple »

philip964 wrote:News flash!!! Zimmerman is alleged to have molested over a ten year period a female family relative.
Woman came forward to prosecutors, and prosecutors released audio tapes of interview, so Zimmerman could get a fair trial.

Started when she was six years old. He was 8 at the time.
Link?

barstoolguru
Posts in topic: 2

Post by barstoolguru »

George Zimmerman Family Friend Says He Molested Her For More Than A Decade
A woman with close ties to George Zimmerman and his family told investigators that members of Zimmerman’s family were boastfully proud racists and that for more than a decade Zimmerman sexually molested her.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/1 ... 76729.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Zimmerman’s defense attorney, Mark O’Mara, has argued that witness 9’s statements should not be released and that because her testimony would not be introduced at trial, it was irrelevant. Some of the racial implications made by the witness, he said, could likely cause “widespread hostile publicity.”
that is what they wants, to wreck his credibility
Last edited by barstoolguru on Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some parents say it is toy guns that make boys warlike. But give a boy a rubber duck and he will seize its neck like the butt of a pistol and shout "Bang!"......George Will

74novaman
Posts in topic: 13

Post by 74novaman »

barstoolguru wrote:George Zimmerman Family Friend Says He Molested Her For More Than A Decade
A woman with close ties to George Zimmerman and his family told investigators that members of Zimmerman’s family were boastfully proud racists and that for more than a decade Zimmerman sexually molested her.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/1 ... 76729.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Interestingly enough the FBI investigation concluded he had no racist ties. I guess we'll throw all that out the window based on one persons accusations though. :lol:
TANSTAAFL

Return to “Off-Topic”