Good News!! on HB 284

Relevant bills filed and their status

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

KBCraig
Banned
Posts in topic: 3

Post by KBCraig »

Roger Howard wrote:I don't know any lawyer that will file a suit they have no hope of winning. Am I wrong?
Sadly, you are. There are some lawyers who see to profit from publicity for their cause, rather than winning the case at hand. Sometimes they personally profit more from losing the case, than by winning, because then they can scream about discrimination and courts being stacked against them, all the while holding out a hand for donations.

Kevin

Liberty
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Liberty »

KBCraig wrote:
Roger Howard wrote:I don't know any lawyer that will file a suit they have no hope of winning. Am I wrong?
Sadly, you are. There are some lawyers who see to profit from publicity for their cause, rather than winning the case at hand. Sometimes they personally profit more from losing the case, than by winning, because then they can scream about discrimination and courts being stacked against them, all the while holding out a hand for donations.

Kevin
Fortunatly this is an exception rather than the rule. Most civil court are quietly handled with little press coverage.

Return to “2007 Texas Legislative Session”