Prayers for my dad

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
CodeJockey
Posts in topic: 1

Prayers for my dad

Post by CodeJockey »

It's been kind of a rough couple of years, but I know that God is with us and watches over us.

My mom was diagnosed in January of 2010 with small cell lung cancer, and the disease progressed quickly. When she was diagnosed she had a 9cm tumor in her lung, and she passed away in May of the same year (she was 64). Less than a year later, we lost my grandmother (her mom). Now we are facing another situation. My dad was diagnosed at the same time as my mom with Prostate cancer. He underwent radiation treatments and seems to have beat that disease, but last month they found a mass in his lung on an x-ray. They've done a PET scan, CT Scans, and MRIs and a CT-guided biopsy of the tissue. He just got back from the oncologist today and they diagnosed him with stage 3a adenocarcinoma (non-small cell lung cancer). This cancer is much less agressive than what my mom had, but the tumor in his lung is also 9cm in diameter. Unfortunately due to the size / location of the tumor, surgery isn't an option. Their goal is to use chemo to shrink the tumor enough such that surgery is a viable option (he can survive a partial removal of his lung but not a full removal). This is unlikely, but their best shot of curing it.

Any prayers y'all could send our way would be greatly appreciated. My kiddos took my mom's and grandmother's passing VERY hard, and I expect they aren't going to deal well with this either. In addition their uncle is in ICU at Baylor fighting a losing battle of leukemia. He's been in the hospital for 11 weeks and is not getting better. He has 3 young children. So that family could also use some prayers.

Thank you!
Always watch your six!
NRA Life Member

10Shooter

Re: Prayers for my dad

Post by 10Shooter »

Prayers sent.
NRA Certified Rifle, Pistol & Shotgun Instructor, NRA Certified RSO
NRA Life Member, TSRA Member

Jet Noise, the Sound of Freedom!!

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

CodeJockey sorry to hear about so many devastating losses in such a short time. My wife and I will pray for you and your family. We will add your family to our Church prayer list as well.

DocV

Post by DocV »

I am praying for your entire family.

urnoodle

Post by urnoodle »

Prayer sent and I've added your entire family to my prayer list. I know it's a struggle but try to keep positive.
U R Noodle
CHL since 1/26/2012 - 41 days mailbox to mailbox

hpcatx

Post by hpcatx »

Prayers for your father and the whole family. May you all know only good health and happiness in the new year.
"We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box." - L. McDonald

RKirkwood

Post by RKirkwood »

Prayer for you dad and family.

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

For your whole family. Kids have some hard things sometimes that makes them have to grow up sooner than we want them to in our society.

Lord healing would bring praise & the children need a blessing. In all things offer your all sufficent grace to everyone & especially the chidren.
I ask that in Jesus name. AMEN
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Your Dad and entire family are on our prayer list. It's hard losing a loved one, especially for the little ones and you folks have suffered so much already.

Chas.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Prayers from here as well. May the hurting pass quickly and all that remain be the wonderful memories of your time together.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

You will all be in our prayers. :tiphat:
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

Prayers sent from here as well.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

You and your family will be in my prayers.just can't imagine how you're coping. I wish I were close enough to jump in help. I can pray though and will continue to do whatever I can to help. Let us know how the kidsare doing so we can pray for them
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”