Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

This sub-forum will open for posting on Sept. 1, 2012.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 3

Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Sen. Hinojosa's SB481 is again on the intent calendar for Monday, April 22nd. Please call your Senator and ask him/her to oppose SB481 by not voting to bring it up for debate and if it is debated, that he/she vote against passage.

I think it would be especially appropriate if SB481 didn't get the required 21 votes to even be debated since Sen. Hinojosa wouldn't vote to debate campus-carry last session. The Goose-Gander Rule applies here too.

Thanks,
Chas.

artx
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Senator Hinojosa trys again to pass SB481

Post by artx »

Fax sent!

TREKFAN

Post by TREKFAN »

Does anyone have an outline I could perhaps see? This way the formatting and what not is appropriate?
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15

styxx
Posts in topic: 1

Post by styxx »

I have notified Senator Estes's office (he is my State Senator) of my objections to the bill.
:patriot:
Some days are better than others, but every day is a good day.

artx

Post by artx »

TREKFAN wrote:Does anyone have an outline I could perhaps see? This way the formatting and what not is appropriate?

When calling, all you have to do is say,

"Hi, my name is XYZ and I am one of Senator ABC's constituents. Please tell the senator to vote No on SB 481. Thank you"

They may or may not ask your name, phone, or why you think they should vote a particular way.

For faxes, I use a letter in the form:

My name
My address
Anytown TX 12345

The Honorable Senator ABC
Senator ABC's address
zip
etc

Dear Senator ABC,

SB 481 is on the Senate intent calendar for Monday, April 22.

Please oppose SB481 by not voting to begin debate. If SB 481 is debated, please vote
against the bill. This bill is not necessary and creates many issues for those residents that
stay in Texas for part of the year.

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have. Thank you for your
time.

Sincerely,

ARTX

TREKFAN

Post by TREKFAN »

Thanks. Will change the ones I have!
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15

2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

We'll just have to agree to disagree on this issue. When one is a resident of the great state of Texas, one should follow Texas law and have a Texas CHL.

When a Texas resident gets a Florida CHL (CCW), the CHL license is not in danger if you:

1. Get one DWI (the first one is free under Floriday law.
2. Don't pay your property taxes,
3. Don't pay your child support.
4. Get arrested for Disorderly Conduct.

I'm just not buying the "shall not be infringed" argument, nor the "cost to much", nor the Senator/Representative NRA rating. For me its all about Texas residents being treated equally under Texas CHL law.

If you don't want to follow Texas CHL law, move to where the law suits you.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

2firfun50 wrote:If you don't want to follow Texas CHL law, move to where the law suits you.
People are following Texas law. We simply don't want the law to change. So you can move to a state that requires its residents to have that state's license.

Chas.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
2firfun50 wrote:If you don't want to follow Texas CHL law, move to where the law suits you.
People are following Texas law. We simply don't want the law to change. So you can move to a state that requires its residents to have that state's license.

Chas.
"rlol" Turnabout being fair play, and all that...... :smilelol5:
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
:cheers2: :cheers2: Good one!!!! Point taken, however I do want the law to change. Maybe an innocent fisherman won't get shot. Only takes a few bad apples you know...............

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=65456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Panda

Post by Panda »

2firfun50 wrote:[

:cheers2: :cheers2: Good one!!!! Point taken, however I do want the law to change. Maybe an innocent fisherman won't get shot. Only takes a few bad apples you know.....
The only instructor certification that guy had was from the NRA. SB481 wouldn't make this NRA instructor any less of a bozo.

2firfun50

Post by 2firfun50 »

Panda wrote:
2firfun50 wrote:[

:cheers2: :cheers2: Good one!!!! Point taken, however I do want the law to change. Maybe an innocent fisherman won't get shot. Only takes a few bad apples you know.....
The only instructor certification that guy had was from the NRA. SB481 wouldn't make this NRA instructor any less of a bozo.
No, but it will stop him and maybe some other individuals from "selling" out-of-state CHLs. Remember, Florida accepts almost anything as proof of proficency.

Don't get me wrong. I have no problem with a Texas resident having multiple CHLs to pick up extra states. But I do have a big problem with Texas residents that hold out-of-state CHLs who don't meet the Texas requirements, especially the DWI

jocat54

Post by jocat54 »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.

Thank you Mr. Cotton.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

jocat54

Post by jocat54 »

2firfun50 wrote:We'll just have to agree to disagree on this issue. When one is a resident of the great state of Texas, one should follow Texas law and have a Texas CHL.

When a Texas resident gets a Florida CHL (CCW), the CHL license is not in danger if you:

1. Get one DWI (the first one is free under Floriday law.
2. Don't pay your property taxes,
3. Don't pay your child support.
4. Get arrested for Disorderly Conduct.

I'm just not buying the "shall not be infringed" argument, nor the "cost to much", nor the Senator/Representative NRA rating. For me its all about Texas residents being treated equally under Texas CHL law.

If you don't want to follow Texas CHL law, move to where the law suits you.

All those highlighted make all the sense in the world to me. But we all have the right to think as we want........doesn't make either of us right or wrong just our belief.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

Topic author
Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

2firfun50 wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:

Chas.
:cheers2: :cheers2: Good one!!!! Point taken, however I do want the law to change. Maybe an innocent fisherman won't get shot. Only takes a few bad apples you know...............

http://texaschlforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=65456" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I hope you know that was said tongue-in-cheek. :lol:

Chas.

Return to “2013 Texas Legislative Session”