Family friend needs prayer badly....

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Family friend needs prayer badly....

Post by The Annoyed Man »

My wife and I just got the absolutely horrible news tonight that a former coworker of my wife's, who had remained a friend after she retired, was accidentally killed yesterday by her own husband. David was backing his car out of their driveway when Gloria suddenly came out of the house and walked over to his car, but he didn't see her. She was unsteady on her feet and walked with a cane because of severe back problems. She stumbled and fell into the driveway as he was backing out, and David ran her over, killing her almost instantly.

My wife saw Gloria about a year ago at an office reunion and said that, even with a cane, Gloria was really unsteady on her feet. She said it's easy to understand how Gloria could have tripped and gone down without David seeing it happen as he was backing out. Poor David is just devastated.

Please pray for David, and for their daughter who just had their first grandchild. I don't even know how I would live with this if I did this to my own wife, even accidentally. I would want to die.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

carlson1
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Family friend needs prayer badly....

Post by carlson1 »

Wow! We will will be fervently praying.

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

I will keep them in my prayers. Thats tragic
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

powerboatr

Post by powerboatr »

prayers will be going out tonight
how tragic

i would be a wreck if lost my wife
Proud to have served for over 22 Years in the U.S. Navy Certificated FAA A&P technician since 1996

jmra

Post by jmra »

Lord, I pray for David and his family. Give them the peace and comfort that only you can provide at time like this. I pray a hedge of protection around David as the enemy begins to attack with guilt and depression. I pray most of all Lord that during this difficult time that David and his family keep their eyes on you and in their grief and sorry they do not lose sight of the ultimate prize.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

longtooth

Post by longtooth »

I will too TAM.
Lord Your presence is all that can comfort. Hold this entire family close. NOt only David but children, grandchildren & extended.
In Jesus Name, AMEN
Carry 24-7 or guess right.
CHL Instructor. http://www.pdtraining.us" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NRA/TSRA Life Member - TFC Member #11

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Our prayers are for all of the family and friends affected by this tragic loss
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

OldGrumpy

Post by OldGrumpy »

jmra wrote:Lord, I pray for David and his family. Give them the peace and comfort that only you can provide at time like this. I pray a hedge of protection around David as the enemy begins to attack with guilt and depression. I pray most of all Lord that during this difficult time that David and his family keep their eyes on you and in their grief and sorry they do not lose sight of the ultimate prize.
:iagree:
Love God, Family, USA, and Texas
Act justly, love mercy, walk humbly with God - Micah 6:8

Crossfire

Post by Crossfire »

OldGrumpy wrote:
jmra wrote:Lord, I pray for David and his family. Give them the peace and comfort that only you can provide at time like this. I pray a hedge of protection around David as the enemy begins to attack with guilt and depression. I pray most of all Lord that during this difficult time that David and his family keep their eyes on you and in their grief and sorry they do not lose sight of the ultimate prize.
Texas LTC Instructor, FFL, IdentoGO Fingerprinting Partner
http://www.Crossfire-Training.com

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

The Annoyed Man wrote:My wife and I just got the absolutely horrible news tonight that a former coworker of my wife's, who had remained a friend after she retired, was accidentally killed yesterday by her own husband. David was backing his car out of their driveway when Gloria suddenly came out of the house and walked over to his car, but he didn't see her. She was unsteady on her feet and walked with a cane because of severe back problems. She stumbled and fell into the driveway as he was backing out, and David ran her over, killing her almost instantly.

My wife saw Gloria about a year ago at an office reunion and said that, even with a cane, Gloria was really unsteady on her feet. She said it's easy to understand how Gloria could have tripped and gone down without David seeing it happen as he was backing out. Poor David is just devastated.

Please pray for David, and for their daughter who just had their first grandchild. I don't even know how I would live with this if I did this to my own wife, even accidentally. I would want to die.
Prayers going up.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Very tragic. Will pray for your friend, their family and you guys.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

longtooth wrote:I will too TAM.
Lord Your presence is all that can comfort. Hold this entire family close. NOt only David but children, grandchildren & extended.
In Jesus Name, AMEN
Amen. I don't know how anyone could survive this without the Lord's hand in comfort. What a horrible tragedy!

Chas.

rotor

Post by rotor »

A friend of mine ran over his child the same way, backing out of his driveway. The todler lived fortunately. Here is where we need government to act. Mandate backup cameras on new vehicles. My wife's car has one and it is so reassuring to be able to see in that blindspot that I can't see in my other vehicles. Government can do something that will save lives and this is at very little expense. I usually do not want any government mandates but on this I do. I pray for your friend as the misery of this tragic accident is more than I could comprehend if it were me.

Divided Attention

Post by Divided Attention »

longtooth wrote:I will too TAM.
In Jesus Name, AMEN
Thanks Longtooth! TAM our family is holding theirs in our thoughts and prayers. Hopefully they will be able to feel the comfort of our Father's loving arms!
Blessed be the LORD, my rock, who trains my hands for war, and my fingers for battle; Psalm 144:1-2
CHL - 2010; NRA RSO - 2011, NRA Chief RSO - 2014
NRA Pistol Instructor -2013, NRA Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor - 2015
Lifetime NRA Member - 2013

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Oh my god, that's horrible. I can't imagine having to deal with such a burden. My prayers for all involved.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”