Family friend needs prayer badly....

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Family friend needs prayer badly....

Post by baldeagle »

Praying right now.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

TAM, I'm so sorry. I am standing in agreement with all who have offered prayers, and will continue to pray for this family and for you and your wife as you support them.
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

longtooth wrote: Lord Your presence is all that can comfort. Hold this entire family close. NOt only David but children, grandchildren & extended.
In Jesus Name, AMEN
AMEN!
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Prayers sent
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

MamaK

Post by MamaK »

The Annoyed Man wrote:My wife and I just got the absolutely horrible news tonight that a former coworker of my wife's, who had remained a friend after she retired, was accidentally killed yesterday by her own husband. David was backing his car out of their driveway when Gloria suddenly came out of the house and walked over to his car, but he didn't see her. She was unsteady on her feet and walked with a cane because of severe back problems. She stumbled and fell into the driveway as he was backing out, and David ran her over, killing her almost instantly.

My wife saw Gloria about a year ago at an office reunion and said that, even with a cane, Gloria was really unsteady on her feet. She said it's easy to understand how Gloria could have tripped and gone down without David seeing it happen as he was backing out. Poor David is just devastated.

Please pray for David, and for their daughter who just had their first grandchild. I don't even know how I would live with this if I did this to my own wife, even accidentally. I would want to die.
I will be including the family, and you in my prayers. I'm so sorry to hear about the tragic accident.

Topic author
The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 2

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Gloria memorial service was this Monday. A friend of ours back in California who was able to attend said it was a very uplifting service. The coroner hasn't released her body yet, so David and his daughter have not yet been able to bury her.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

I can't imagine what it would feel like to be responsible for the death of a loved one, regardless of how that came about.

Many prayers sent.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”