May Need Medication

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
Grillmark55
Posts in topic: 1

May Need Medication

Post by Grillmark55 »

I just found out that the Commencement speaker at my son's graduation from OU is going to be Fareed Zakaria. :banghead:
I may need some heavy-duty drugs and/or alcohol. And ear plugs. And a barf bag.
Maybe I'll just skip it and tell him I was sick.
:txflag:
A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again.

RPBrown

Re: May Need Medication

Post by RPBrown »

Sit outside until he finishes speaking.
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

TxLobo wrote:don't worry.. maybe he will give a speech by someone else....
"rlol" "rlol"
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

iPod, iPad, or equivalent with headphones. Listen to your favorite music or watch a movie. You can still be present to honor your son's achievement and life milestone, while not upsetting yourself listening to a jackwagon. :thumbs2:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

snorri

Post by snorri »

Jumping Frog wrote:iPod, iPad, or equivalent with headphones. Listen to your favorite music or watch a movie. You can still be present to honor your son's achievement and life milestone, while not upsetting yourself listening to a jackwagon. :thumbs2:
It would be funny to have a block of like minded people all breaking out mobile devices and ignoring his monologue.
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

brentski

Post by brentski »

Wonder why a plagiarist would be allowed to speak? There has to more people out there who can be a better example to the youth of America?

http://mediadecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2 ... t-zakaria/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mr. Zakaria issued a statement Friday afternoon saying: “Media reporters have pointed out that paragraphs in my Time column this week bear close similarities to paragraphs in Jill Lepore’s essay in the April 23 issue of The New Yorker. They are right. I made a terrible mistake. It is a serious lapse and one that is entirely my fault. I apologize unreservedly to her, to my editors at Time, and to my readers.”

His admission is the second instance in less than two weeks of a prominent writer owning up to an ethical lapse. Last week, the science writer Jonah Lehrer admitted that he fabricated quotes from Bob Dylan for his best-selling book “Imagine: How Creativity Works.” Mr. Lehrer was forced to resign as a staff writer for The New Yorker, and his publisher, Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, said it would recall print copies of the book.

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

Grillmark55 wrote:I just found out that the Commencement speaker at my son's graduation from OU is going to be Fareed Zakaria. :banghead:
Congratulations to you and your son. Think of this ordeal as the last obstacle to his freedom.

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

Grillmark55 wrote:I just found out that the Commencement speaker at my son's graduation from OU is going to be Fareed Zakaria.
He's a useless, self-promoting piece of work, isn't he?
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

rotor

Post by rotor »

Interesting too that at MidWestern State University in Wichita Falls on 5/11 Dr. Ben Carson was the speaker and there were protests about him as well for alleged anti-gay talk. Here we have an example of a man who came from a terrible poverty stricken home, raised by a single mom, and he became a famous neurosurgeon. A conservative black that speaks his mind. At Columbia they hire as a professor a woman responsible for the death of several police officers and after spending years in jail she is a professor. Nobody seems to be protesting the fact that she killed people, I guess they would if she mentioned any anti gay talk. What has this world come to?

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

I told you there was good reason not to let your kids go to OU. ;-)

It turns out there are more than one.

It's OK. The speaker at my commencement was LBJ, and I was playing a dance in New Braunfels, IIRC, that night!
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

SF18C
Posts in topic: 2

Post by SF18C »

Kinda makes you wonder about who has been teaching your kid and what too!!!
Tis better to die on your feet than live on your knees!

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

Well at least it's not Barry, Michelle, or Hillary.
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Grillmark55 wrote:I just found out that the Commencement speaker at my son's graduation from OU is going to be Fareed Zakaria. :banghead:
Could this be the reason they ban chl's from schools...

Return to “Off-Topic”