More prayer welcome

Whether the need is great or small, there is power in prayer, especially when God's people raise their voices together.

Moderator: carlson1

Topic author
GeekwithaGun
Posts in topic: 3

More prayer welcome

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Hey all, I'm usually a pretty private person and share things with a small number of people, however this is pretty major in my life.

I will be having bi-pass surgery this week or next (not scheduled yet) on 3 or 4 arteries. All of this is pretty sudden as I was not having any problems (or thought I wasn't) until I really started working out and losing weight with diet and exercise. I would start to get a tight or feeling like there was an air bubble in my chest, last year my primary doc thought it could be a form of asthma. I continued to have this feeling when at the gym and working pretty hard, would rest, it goes away and I would continue without much issue, so not a big deal, it should get better as my endurance increased right? Well, it was still happening and came more frequently, last Wednesday I was brushing our pool and it started again so I went to the doctor that morning.

The doctor did an EKG in the office and scheduled a stress test for that afternoon. The stress test revealed an abnormal reading in the EKG when I started to get that feeling. Thursday we met with a cardiologist and scheduled a heart cath for friday morning to check it out. We were hoping that they would find nothing or if they did find something that a stint/stent (sp?) would be inserted and we'd move on and I'd take better care of myself. But it was not this good.

Friday morning they did the procedure and found several blockages once they shot the dye in and stopped the procedure. The surgeon was in a conference all day, but would come by to see me and review the results later. He came in and said it was pretty severe heart disease with 3 or 4 blockages that would have to be bi-passed. The good news is that this is fixable and is pretty common now with a relatively fast recovery. The heart muscle itself is strong and pumping good when looking at the dye move through, so there should be no long term issues.

Today we are making sure all the insurance is going to cover this after my deductible and all looks good on that front.

We have a lot of people praying now, family, friends and our church family, have lots of support for anything we need, but would appreciate more prayers from this family of believers too. This is a great group to be a part of and even though I'm not a huge poster here, I am an avid reader and learn from this forum and have met some great people too.

I posted some stuff on Facebook, so if you'd like to friend me send a PM and I'll give you my info. My wife posts a lot on FB and will be keeping people informed that way, but I'll try to get her to update this post as well.

- Rob
NRA Life Member

bulinm
Posts in topic: 1

Re: More prayer welcome

Post by bulinm »

Prayers, up, Rob, for a complete and speedy recovery.
Dallas

What's a dazzling urbanite like you doin' in a rustic setting like this ?

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Rob you know I will be praying for you extra. We will also pray for your family during this time.

If there is anything I can do to help you please give me a call.

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Prayers are sent , hope your recovery is fast .

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Rob, sending up prayer to the Great Physician. Fortunately it was caught when it was and that there is a plan of action to get it taken care of!
Psalm 91:2

Topic author
GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Got on the schedule for Tuesday June 18.

Thank you all
NRA Life Member

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Oh my goodness! What a lot to deal with without much warning! You will certainly be in my prayers!
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

chasfm11

Post by chasfm11 »

Prayers sent, Rob. The good news is that you found out without having to have a major "event".

We will continue to pray that all goes well through the procedure and recovery.

Charlie
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

PUCKER

Post by PUCKER »

Rob - thoughts and prayers your way. Get in, get out and get back up to speed my friend!! :tiphat:

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Praying for a huge measure of peace for you and your family tonight and tomorrow, and for the healing process to be swift and smooth. Looking forward to a good report soon!
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

chuck j

Post by chuck j »

Do not go to any trouble yourself but if you could have someone give us a report on your progress I know there are those here that care .

Julie

Post by Julie »

Prayers for you and your family. Thanks for letting us know.

RPBrown

Post by RPBrown »

Prayers sent for you and your family. Please keep us informed
NRA-Benefactor Life member
TSRA-Life member

carlson1

Post by carlson1 »

Extra Prayers for Rob this morning.

Topic author
GeekwithaGun

Post by GeekwithaGun »

Post op day 5 and Being released from captivity this morning. Feeling good and so thankful for all the prayers and well wishes.
Rob
NRA Life Member

Return to “Prayer Requests & Updates”