How Did Today Go ?

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Beiruty
Posts in topic: 1

Re: How Did Today Go ?

Post by Beiruty »

Took my visiting bro to the first real world gun shooting match at Dallas Pistol Club. He did better than myself. Then spent the rest of the day with our families at Hawaiian falls (water park).

Here is one stage, me first, bro next:

Click photo to play video...

Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member

Wodathunkit

Post by Wodathunkit »

My bride had to work this weekend, so My daughters and I took a road trip to New Barunfuls for an RV camping scouting trip. We are leaning more towards the Comal because they are younger. Anyone ever stay at Landa RV park?
"Character is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking" - J.C. watts Jr.
CHL since Jan. 2013
53 days mailbox to mailbox.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

JALLEN,

Another vote for a zero turn mower.

I have a 50" deck, Toro MX5060 for mowing 1 1/2 acres and I couldn't be happier.

Previously, I had a 46" deck, tractor style riding mower and it worked me to death.

Pluses: A zero turn is much faster than a standard, tractor style riding mower, primarily because you can trim around obstacles like trees, garden borders, etc. much faster because you're not required to manually turn a steering wheel and often have to put the mower in reverse and then forward, and so on - not so with a zero turn. You zip around obstacles without having to back and fill.

Making turns requires no effort other than concentration.

With my old mower it took me 3 plus hours to mow my 1 1/2 acres.

With my zero turn it takes about 1 1/2 hours. So mowing time is cut in half.

Minuses: Cost. With tax, my mower cost $4300.00. Not cheap.

Learning to use a zero turn takes more concentration than a standard tractor style, but once you get used to it, you'll never go back.

jocat54

Post by jocat54 »

JALLEN......another vote for a zero turn mower, once you use one you'll never go back. They are so much faster at cutting grass and around obstacles. I've had a Toro 38" for several years and if and when it breaks where I can't fix it, I will buy another. I cut about 3 acres with it. I bought the 38" deck because the area around the house is fenced and I can get the mower through the gates without any problems.
"All it takes for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"

Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

chuck j wrote:I had a pretty good day , nothing really bad happened , LOL . I work 6 days a week , we were fairly busy wich made the time go faster . My 14 year old daughter has been at church camp for a week but came home this evening renewed and good to go . Made me feel good . Just had a pork steak with a baked potato (everything on the potato) and looking at the forum . What say you ?
Woke up. Fell out of bed. Dragged a comb across my head. Found my way downstairs and drank a cup, and looking up, I noticed I was late.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

troglodyte

Post by troglodyte »

Found my coat and grabbed by hat, made the bus in seconds flat.

Wow. Haven't heard that one in a while.

Got home from a week long vacation in SoCal. My family went with my son, his wife, and her family...and of course the grandson. Loved the vacation. Didn't much care for the locale.

Spent time with the Lord's family this morning. Always refreshing. Lunch at Rosa's

Speaking of mowing, two hours of walk-behind today. Thankfully it is self-propelled. Need to borrow a shredder to get the rest. Need to hurry up and sell the other house so I can get my tractor w/attachments. After today I'm thinking a belly finishing mower deck is in store. We also moved out into the country. Our yard isn't that big but we have a 4-acre lot to keep mowed The recent rains and a week-long vacation let the weeds get ahead of us.

Got to put in a plug for a John Deere EZ-track. I don't own one but I've run a few of them. My yard is open enough that a tractor deck will work fine.

Songbird

Post by Songbird »

Overdid it with the knee this weekend, so I'm back in the recliner on the ice machine. I am NOT a good patient! :grumble
CHL Class 1/13/12
Plastic in hand 2/27/12

Return to “Off-Topic”