Open carried today.

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
BigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Open carried today.

Post by BigGuy »

I ride one of two motorcycles to work most mornings. This morning as I was getting ready, the wife asked me to stop by the water company and drop off a payment, then swing by the downtown post office and drop off a letter in the drop box. I loaded up, strapped my briefcase to the rack, stuck the envelopes in my shirt pocket, and headed out. I swung by the water company drive through and dropped off the payment. The Post Office drop box is conventionally located at the side of the street leading to the Post Office, so I swung by there and dropped off the letter. Arriving at work, I chatted with a couple of co-workers as I unstrapped my briefcase and took off my helmet and gloves. I stalled with those activities until they entered the building, then pulled the vault out of the saddle bag to lock up my EDC. That's when I discovered that I hadn't pulled my shirttail out over it. There it was, sticking out of my waist band for everyone to see. Nobody noticed.
I don't plan to test coverage like that again, but it's a bit of a relief to have it proven to me how little most people notice things on your waist.

bdickens
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Open carried today.

Post by bdickens »

So much for the idea that you'll get arrested and thrown in prison forever for printing.
Byron Dickens

jayinsat

Post by jayinsat »

:shock: :oops: :eek6
Glad no one pressed the panic button. Probably the same feeling when you accidently run a red light or stop sign.
Armed not dangerous but potentially lethal.
CHL Application mailed 10/2/12
Plastic in hand 11/16/12

Pecos

Post by Pecos »

People dont notice much today because they are pre occupied with smart phone & gadgits. "rlol"
Most people arent aware of there suroundings. Thanks for sharing this jayinsat.
Sig AR 516 + Vortex PST Scope

Saintango

Post by Saintango »

All I think about is printing. I could not imagine how you felt once you realized. I would've had to change my tighty whities.
He will never give you more that what you can handle.
NRA - Life Member
TSRA - Future Life Member
NAGR - Future Life Member

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Come September 1st, should be a non issue, since he did not "intentionally display".
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 00299F.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

GlockDude26

Post by GlockDude26 »

RoyGBiv wrote:Come September 1st, should be a non issue, since he did not "intentionally display".
http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/ ... 00299F.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
about a week after i started carrying I was in dennys and when we stood up to leave my shirt rose up and completely showed my xds. A guy at the table next to us (facing me) saw the whole thing. He gave a quick smile and a nod and we went on about our day. I was lucky but it's good to know that 1. there are still people out there that aren't completely nuts and understand why we carry, and 2. it will be even nicer when the new laws come into effect!
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

JMod45

Post by JMod45 »

I know exactly how you feel, went on a motorcycle ride a few weeks ago with some buddies, going down the highway, my jacket and shirt came up just enough to uncover my firearm. I did feel it, and was able to reach over and cover it up a little down the road, but a couple of my buddies now know I carry. I'm just glad I didn't scare any of the cars we were passing enough for them to do anything.

On a side note to that, I have now fixed the previously broken button on the back of my jacket which kept it from coming up, so I shouldn't have this happen again.

Topic author
BigGuy
Posts in topic: 2

Post by BigGuy »

It was quite a shock when I realized what I'd done. I'm usually pretty anal about checking to see that I'm covered. In fact, I worried about bringing attention to my self by checking too often, so I was surprised to discover that I'd been running around that long uncovered. Not a good feeling.

brentski

Post by brentski »

Would have been a good day to wear a white helmet.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”