Open Carry Walks

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
RJGold
Posts in topic: 1

Open Carry Walks

Post by RJGold »

Posted this in Off Topic... I didn't know where else to put it.

I saw this on the news this evening. Most of these I see are actually a detrement to any open carry cause. They are usually confrontation and looking to make a scene.

This guy is articulate and respectfull and seems to be able to state the objective of his "walks" effectively.

Just thought I'd post for those not in the Houston area...

http://www.khou.com/news/neighborhood-n ... 97491.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

howdy
Posts in topic: 4

Re: Open Carry Walks

Post by howdy »

I would suggest he be careful where he carrys that rifle. Both Wal-Mart and Double Daves Pizza sell beer.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

apostate

Post by apostate »

howdy wrote:I would suggest he be careful where he carrys that rifle. Both Wal-Mart and Double Daves Pizza sell beer.
And? :headscratch

MeMelYup
Posts in topic: 2

Post by MeMelYup »

The professor is wrong. The 2nd Amendment is an unalienable right backed up by the Constitution, not a right given by the Constitution. The same with the 1st and others also.

“You’ll find no person who’s a bigger fan of all the constitutional amendments than me because I am,” said Gerald Treece, a professor at the South Texas College of Law. “But all constitutional rights are subject to some limitations. The ability to take a firearm any place you want by simply citing the 2nd Amendment simply is illogical because all constitutional rights are subject to limitations.”

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

I wonder what percentage of 2nd Amendment open carry walking folk aren't just extreme attention seekers.

If they couldn't latch onto the 2nd Amendment they'd find something else.

I'm sure a few are quite sincere, but mostly it's "hey, look at me, LOOK AT ME!!

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

I hear what you guys are saying when you say that these folks are attention getters. But on the other hand, how else would you suggest that the public be educated that the 2nd amendment is a sacred thing? The only stream they get is from the media stating how AR 15's are only being wielded by mad men. I had a libtard tell me yesterday that AR stands for Assault Rifle. How does he know that? Because he heard it from Anderson Cooper or Bill O'Reilly. WE have to go on an educational crusade of some type or we will lose 2A forever. We cannot allow the media to just proclaim that only bad guys have guns, and make the good guys like Zimmerman the bad guys.

What offense do you armchair coaches recommend...because sitting quietly and playing nice is getting our tails kicked?

snorri

Post by snorri »

Abraham wrote:If they couldn't latch onto the 2nd Amendment they'd find something else.

I'm sure a few are quite sincere, but mostly it's "hey, look at me, LOOK AT ME!!
Are you talking about open carry or people with more than 1000 posts on a gun forum?
minatur innocentibus qui parcit nocentibus

RED FLAG LAWS ARE HATE CRIMES

SherwoodForest

Post by SherwoodForest »

I heard tell of another " pastor " who was also quite the respected community organizer and social reformer of his day who was reported to have urged the members of his community to carry a sword whenever they were going into harms way. It is said that he even went so far as to suggest that if they didn't own a sword they would be wise to sell something that they owned of value - like their outer garments - and apply the proceeds to the purchase a sword.

It seems to me that without an outer garment it would have been impossible for those swords to have been carried in a concealed manner. That community organizer obviously understood that, because those swords were going to be carried openly for the precise purpose of deterring criminal attacks.

There are no reports that I am aware of citing any concern on his part that law-abiding onlookers might be disturbed by the presence of those swords.

In some accounts he is said to have described himself as a " shepherd " of his " sheep ". Interesting that he chose to arm his flock.

I would rather expect the concern, or uneasiness expressed by the woman, and man being interviewed in that video would be shared by purse snatchers, car-jackers, and terrorists as well. What they failed to appreciate was that they were safer in the presence of that guy then they would be the rest of that day.

[Interesting that the Roman government did not prohibited the carrying of swords - like Texas does.]

Blindref757

Post by Blindref757 »

If we don't use our rights, we will surely lose them. One of the biggest problems that I see on all of these Open Carry confrontations caught on camera are the brazen attempts by LEOs to demand ID when no crime has been committed. Like him or not, Grisham was manhandled for no reason. The cop brazenly walked up to him and tried to take the gun from him immediately after exiting his cruiser. The cops are scared to death of law abiding citizens and we have allowed the media and the government to do this to us. Laws such as the Patriot Act have eroded our freedoms and whackos with AR's in theaters and schools have been so sensationalized by the media that the average citizen sees a gun and thinks that the next Luby's/Columbine/Aurora/Sandy Hook is about to go down.

You may disagree with taking a long gun into Starbucks, it could very well be an alarming situation for some. But if we don't get the message out somehow, the freedom is going to continue to be eroded.

howdy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by howdy »

apostate wrote:
howdy wrote:I would suggest he be careful where he carrys that rifle. Both Wal-Mart and Double Daves Pizza sell beer.

Like blue sign......"The unlicensed possession of a weapon on these premises is a felony ....."
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

nightmare69
Posts in topic: 3

Post by nightmare69 »

howdy wrote:
apostate wrote:

Like blue sign......"The unlicensed possession of a weapon on these premises is a felony ....."
I don't know how that would work. You dont need a license to exercise a protected legal right.
2/26-Mailed paper app and packet.
5/20-Plastic in hand.
83 days mailbox to mailbox.

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

howdy wrote:Like blue sign......"The unlicensed possession of a weapon on these premises is a felony ....."
If you're saying it's a felony to carry a Kershaw Blur at Double Daves Pizza because they serve beer, can you please show me what law says that. On the other hand, if you're saying it's a felony to carry an AR15 but not a Kershaw Blur, I'd like to see that law too. (Not arguing the sign says that but without a law the sign has no force of law.)

Doug.38PR

Post by Doug.38PR »

I like the dumb ditzy blonde girl's remark; "I think it's like kinda scary, a massive gun." Massive gun? LOL!!!! Makes it sound real dangerous and evil. She lives up to her hair bleach.

The effeminant store manager killed me too, "Ssssir I'm gonna have to assk you to leave the ssstore."

I have to honestly say though, this is not something I would do. I respect people who open carry. I like them. I admire their courage and believe they are trying to excercise their rights and defend the rights of all of us. BUT, personally, that's not a very constructive use of my time and it's not the kind of attention I want to attract to myself.

Doug.38PR

Post by Doug.38PR »

But Walmart is not for consumption on the premesis.

I admire this pastor. We need more pastors like him. Most modern churches don't want to be "contro-ver-ssseeal" and don't want to rock the boat.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

bizarrenormality wrote:
howdy wrote:Like blue sign......"The unlicensed possession of a weapon on these premises is a felony ....."
If you're saying it's a felony to carry a Kershaw Blur at Double Daves Pizza because they serve beer, can you please show me what law says that. On the other hand, if you're saying it's a felony to carry an AR15 but not a Kershaw Blur, I'd like to see that law too. (Not arguing the sign says that but without a law the sign has no force of law.)
http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/laws/sign_requirements.asp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Return to “Off-Topic”