Re: Urgent: XDs recall...

Post by nyj »

That's not good

jmra
Posts in topic: 23

Post by jmra »

Not a happy camper
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

cajunautoxer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by cajunautoxer »

You guys actually expect a brand new gun design to not have a recall? That's why I'm waiting a couple yrs before picking up a xds

MoJo

Post by MoJo »

cajunautoxer wrote:You guys actually expect a brand new gun design to not have a recall? That's why I'm waiting a couple yrs before picking up a xds
:iagree: There's nothing like being an unpaid beta tester that paid a lot for the product they are testing. Never, never, never buy a new gun model or a new model of automobile the first year. :tiphat:
"To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
George Mason
Texas and Louisiana CHL Instructor, NRA Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Personal Protection and Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor

nyj
Posts in topic: 2

Post by nyj »

cajunautoxer wrote:You guys actually expect a brand new gun design to not have a recall? That's why I'm waiting a couple yrs before picking up a xds
I'm not complaining. It's just not a good malfunction to have. It's an incredibly dangerous one.

Redneck_Buddha
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

Great! So if it's your only piece you get to go unarmed for however long it takes. In my experience with Springfield, could be weeks!!

longhorn_92
Posts in topic: 3

Post by longhorn_92 »

This isn't good!
“If you try to shoot me, I will have to shoot you back, and I promise you I won’t miss!”

NRA Endowment Member
TSRA Member

surprise_i'm_armed
Location: Shady Shores, Denton County. On the shores of Lake Lewisville. John Wayne filmed here.

Post by surprise_i'm_armed »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Great! So if it's your only piece you get to go unarmed for however long it takes. In my experience with Springfield, could be weeks!!
Well, for those with some ready scratch, this is the perfect opportunity to buy another gun!! :-)

*****************************************************************************************************************************

Andy C: Thank you for posting this since my XDS is my primary of the 2 that I carry each day.

SIA
N. Texas LTC's hold 3 breakfasts each month. All are 800 AM. OC is fine.
2nd Saturdays: Rudy's BBQ, N. Dallas Pkwy, N.bound, N. of Main St., Frisco.
3rd Saturdays: Golden Corral, 465 E. I-20, Collins St exit, Arlington.
4th Saturdays: Sunny St. Cafe, off I-20, Exit 415, Mikus Rd, Willow Park.

Blindref757
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Blindref757 »

I've never done this before...what do I tell the FedEx people if they ask what is in the box?

GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 3

Post by GlockDude26 »

Blindref757 wrote:I've never done this before...what do I tell the FedEx people if they ask what is in the box?
none of your dang business.....if they press the issue i tell them it's disassembled parts. most of the time I take the slide off and the mag out and at that point it's not a working gun and there's nothing that i know of saying you can't ship parts of a gun.
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Forwarded to my dad. Not sure what model he has, but he bought one for chl use earlier this year.

PBratton

Post by PBratton »

Redneck_Buddha wrote:Great! So if it's your only piece you get to go unarmed for however long it takes. In my experience with Springfield, could be weeks!!
Consider it an opportunity to buy yourself a backup pistol.
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Ultra_Solo_Sig_0904 wrote:
Blindref757 wrote:I've never done this before...what do I tell the FedEx people if they ask what is in the box?
none of your dang business.....if they press the issue i tell them it's disassembled parts. most of the time I take the slide off and the mag out and at that point it's not a working gun and there's nothing that i know of saying you can't ship parts of a gun.
If you're shipping the frame with the serial number on it then you are shipping a firearm, disassembled or otherwise.

You are required to declare that you're shipping a firearm. It's up to you if you do or not.
Psalm 91:2

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”