Quick question for you guys on a comfort factor...

Gun, shooting and equipment discussions unrelated to CHL issues

Moderator: carlson1

AlaskanInTexas
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Quick question for you guys on a comfort factor...

Post by AlaskanInTexas »

I solved this problem by just not carrying an extra magazine. Not the best tactical solution, but quite comfortable.

Topic author
TrackinPat
Posts in topic: 15

Post by TrackinPat »

AlaskanInTexas wrote:I solved this problem by just not carrying an extra magazine. Not the best tactical solution, but quite comfortable.
I bet it is! :lol:
I will be carrying with my 12 round extended magazine in and just wanted to carry my 9 round flush magazine as a spare.

iom
Posts in topic: 1

Post by iom »

I'm not saying I'd recommend this to others, but I just put my 8 round 9mm shield magazine in my back pocket. Not very tactical, but better than not having it at all. I do the same thing with a double stack subcompact glock mag too.

OrangeAnimal
Posts in topic: 4

Post by OrangeAnimal »

I got a Crossbreed IWB single mag holster put it on once. Then tossed it in a drawer. OWB for the mag or just put in your pocket. I rarely carry the extra mag unless I have to carry my .380. The mags are tiny so tossing one in my pocket is no big deal and I can retrieve and load in short order, I have practiced it.

Topic author
TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

OrangeAnimal wrote:I got a Crossbreed IWB single mag holster put it on once. Then tossed it in a drawer. OWB for the mag or just put in your pocket. I rarely carry the extra mag unless I have to carry my .380. The mags are tiny so tossing one in my pocket is no big deal and I can retrieve and load in short order, I have practiced it.
Is that the general consensus, then?

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

I have an IWB mag holder, several OWB mag holders, and one holster with a spare mag holder built in. I very seldom use any of them. I most often carry my spare mags in my pocket. I have a nylon knife holster that I use for my .380 spare mags but I don't attach it to my belt, I carry it in my pocket as well...
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

Topic author
TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

RJGold wrote:I have an IWB mag holder, several OWB mag holders, and one holster with a spare mag holder built in. I very seldom use any of them. I most often carry my spare mags in my pocket. I have a nylon knife holster that I use for my .380 spare mags but I don't attach it to my belt, I carry it in my pocket as well...
Ah, well I may just go the pocket route then. I may go try on a few mag holsters but we will see. In any of the justified shootings any of you fine folks have heard of did it negatively affect the shooter in court because they had an extra magazine? Like did the other side try and make it look like they were looking for a fight because they had additional rounds?

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

I use a magazine pouch that does a very good impression of a pouch for a multi-tool.
Byron Dickens

Topic author
TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

bdickens wrote:I use a magazine pouch that does a very good impression of a pouch for a multi-tool.
May I ask where you got it?

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Midway.
Byron Dickens

Topic author
TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

bdickens wrote:Midway.
Cool, I will check that out! Thank you, sir!

TexasCajun

Post by TexasCajun »

I use the Foxx dual single attack 9mm mag carrier iwb. Wear it every day with no problems. If you pocket carry your spare mags, make sure you devote extra time to reload drills.
Opinions expressed are subject to change without notice.
NRA TSRA TFC CHL: 9/22/12, PSC Member: 10/2012

Topic author
TrackinPat

Post by TrackinPat »

TexasCajun wrote:I use the Foxx dual single attack 9mm mag carrier iwb. Wear it every day with no problems. If you pocket carry your spare mags, make sure you devote extra time to reload drills.
I will I will! With our M4's I am set on those, when we do our annual Table 2 Combat Rifle qual we stuff them in our pockets a lot of the time so I am familiar with the motion, but those magazines stick out of my pocket and these won't so it will take some work.

OrangeAnimal
Posts in topic: 4

Post by OrangeAnimal »

It's not that hard to withdraw and load another mag from your pocket. I think that sticking them in your pocket the only trouble you could likely have is if you keep other items in there. Change, pocket lint, a receipt etc. could become stuck in the end of the mag. I know that an awful lot of crap gets built up on my gun and I don't even have it in my pocket. Also in hotter weather sweating and humidity could quicken the corrosion of the ammo. Just some thoughts.

johncanfield

Post by johncanfield »

OrangeAnimal wrote:It's not that hard to withdraw and load another mag from your pocket. I think that sticking them in your pocket the only trouble you could likely have is if you keep other items in there. Change, pocket lint, a receipt etc. could become stuck in the end of the mag. I know that an awful lot of crap gets built up on my gun and I don't even have it in my pocket. ..
I'm still carrying my spare 12 round magazine in my left pocket and it is the exclusive tenant of that pocket. Every few months I have to unload it and use my air compressor to blow out the lint - it's amazing how much builds up from pocket carry.
LC9s, M&P 22, 9c, Sig P238-P239-P226-P365XL, 1911 clone

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”