Gun misfires at Ft. Worth McDonald's

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
Pawpaw
Posts in topic: 2

Gun misfires at Ft. Worth McDonald's

Post by Pawpaw »

I simply don't know what to say about this one. :???:

Gun misfires, prevents possible mass shooting at Fort Worth McDonald’s
Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence. - John Adams

GlockDude26
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Gun misfires at Ft. Worth McDonald's

Post by GlockDude26 »

another mind controlled test mouse from the boyz in tha hood.....
"Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun, you might em both if you show up here not welcome son" Josh Thompson- Way out here (best song ever) "eventually all citizens will become criminals with enough legislation....."

jimlongley

Post by jimlongley »

Makes me wonder if he had a "nine" with the wrong ammo in it. A 9mm with .380s in it might fire pointed up, while the cartridge might sit far enough forward in the chamber with the gun horizontal, particularly if it had been carried pointed down, for the firing pin to fail to make contact.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

I kinda like the 'divine intervention' angle. :thumbs2:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

TexasVet

Post by TexasVet »

Could be the caliber mix-up or just one of the hi point/jiminez quality type of guns - he could have not had a round chambered.. tried to make it go off.. it didn't, so he went outside, racked the slide, fired one off, it failed to feed or extract, he came in tried again, no go, so he went outside, got one to load, fired off, malfunction again...

Jaguar

Post by Jaguar »

TexasVet wrote:Could be the caliber mix-up or just one of the hi point/jiminez quality type of guns - he could have not had a round chambered.. tried to make it go off.. it didn't, so he went outside, racked the slide, fired one off, it failed to feed or extract, he came in tried again, no go, so he went outside, got one to load, fired off, malfunction again...
Still sounds like 'divine intervention'. :thumbs2:

Seems like the Good Lord was not only looking out for the folks in McD's, but also this guy by not having any CHL types there, or if there were, none willing to shoot him. Good outcome all around. I will take divine intervention any day.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Divine or not thank God it happened in this case as well. Kudos to this guy as well. Glad to see somebody stepped up to the plate. Maybe he will consider a chl in the future

At least one man tried to wrestle the gun away from the suspect, Loughman said

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2013/09/25 ... rylink=cpy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

Keith B wrote:I kinda like the 'divine intervention' angle. :thumbs2:
I'm with Keith on this one...
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

BigBangSmallBucks

Post by BigBangSmallBucks »

jimlongley wrote:Makes me wonder if he had a "nine" with the wrong ammo in it. A 9mm with .380s in it might fire pointed up, while the cartridge might sit far enough forward in the chamber with the gun horizontal, particularly if it had been carried pointed down, for the firing pin to fail to make contact.
I once in my naivety fired a 9mm round out of a .40s&w :banghead:

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

Keith B wrote:I kinda like the 'divine intervention' angle. :thumbs2:
:iagree:
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Keith B
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Keith B »

BigBangSmallBucks wrote:
jimlongley wrote:Makes me wonder if he had a "nine" with the wrong ammo in it. A 9mm with .380s in it might fire pointed up, while the cartridge might sit far enough forward in the chamber with the gun horizontal, particularly if it had been carried pointed down, for the firing pin to fail to make contact.
I once in my naivety fired a 9mm round out of a .40s&w :banghead:
We had a student in class that started their CHL renewal qualification course of fire and during the first 5 shots the gun failed to fire. He would rack the slide and the gun would not have a round in the chamber, but it would feed the next one. He stated he had just shot the gun the day before and it had functioned properly. I specifically went and stood close to him when the second round started. When he pulled the trigger I saw a brass-colored glint come out of the barrel and travel about 10 feet. in front of the gun. I stopped him and when the round was complete I took his gun and cleared it. I then asked him why he was "trying to fire 9mm rounds from a .45"? He got a funny look on his face and realized when he pulled the ammo out of the bag for his he and his wife, he had pulled out two boxes of 9mm instead of one 9mm and one .45. They were holding in his magazine and would feed into the chamber, but the firing pin luckily was not striking the primer and was just pushing the whole round out the front of the barrel and shooting it about 10 feet down range. Had the primer detonated on one of those, no telling what they heck would have happened. :shock: We allowed him to stop and shoot using the proper ammunition in the next line of shooters. That was as long as we could tell of his mistake to the class as a 'always make sure your ammo matches the gun' lesson learned. That story still gets told in classes. :lol:
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

JALLEN

Post by JALLEN »

"What do you think the safety is for?"

"The what?"

"That little doohickey lever that moves up and down on the side of your pistol."

"Oh, yeah. Dang!"
Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Yeah, I have a couple CZ pistols in 9mm and 40 for which the magazines fit each gun. You have to pay close attention to which mags you are pulling out.

RJGold

Post by RJGold »

Just saw the video on this on the news. Pretty amazing.

I believe it was God.

Makes me wonder what He's got in store for those who were in that McDonald's...???
Lo que no puede cambiar, tu que debe aguantar.
Take Care.
RJ

rotor

Post by rotor »

God made sure he didn't have a Glock. Cocaine probably was what made him crazy.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”