Date night gone wrong

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

jimlongley
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Date night gone wrong

Post by jimlongley »

EvoGTR wrote:
suthdj wrote:Voted best first post ever.
:iagree: At less you handled everything calmly. :thumbs2:
:iagree:

But I would have told her, after the lecture started, that if it didn't stop, and she was so scared, maybe she had better walk home, and then I would have stopped and held the door for her.
Real gun control, carrying 24/7/365

ssnstump

Post by ssnstump »

Yes...Great post. Now I have to clean up the desk...coffee.

I also like the pro gun coexist sticker. would love to find one of those.

Welcome aboard! Better luck with your future dates.
US Navy Submarine Service 1976-1982

Texsquatch

Post by Texsquatch »

Should have asked her how many of her first dates carry a card that proves you passed background checks and have not committed any felonies. I'd love to hear what she's been telling her friends about you.

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

SewTexas wrote:my daughter took a "world view" class and one of the lessons was about what you could learn about a person from their bumper stickers. We still play that game when we're in traffic....it's actually kinda scary.
One of the reasons why my vehicles are "sterile."

I also don't leave papers, books or any other kind of thing visible that any sort of information can be gleaned from.

When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, I was tasked out to a detail for the JFK Special Warfare Center. What they needed was NCOs for part of an anti terrorism class for people who were to be deployed in certain hot spots, but not where there were active operations.

We were in teams of two. We were given photographs of our subjects, a description of their car, license plate number, home address and a camera. We were also given signed and notarized waivers allowing us to be doing what we were doing in case we found ourselves confronted by the local constabulary. Our task was to follow these people around for two weeks and find out as much about them as we could.

The picture of a person's life that can be compiled from scraps of information off of papers left lying on car seats, bumper stickers, books, trash in the trash cans, etc is - how shall I say - eye opening.

We found out where people went to school, who their friends were, what units they were in, their hobbies, their children's names and where they went to school. We even managed to get the SSNs of a couple. We even found out stuff that was in their personnel records, including one subject whose records we found out were blacked out.

At the end of the two weeks, they had everyone in the class assemble in a classroom. Then they had us come in and give a presentation on what all we found out about them, including a slide show.

You should have seen the jaws drop.
Byron Dickens

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 4

Post by SewTexas »

bdickens wrote:
SewTexas wrote:my daughter took a "world view" class and one of the lessons was about what you could learn about a person from their bumper stickers. We still play that game when we're in traffic....it's actually kinda scary.

I also don't leave papers, books or any other kind of thing visible that any sort of information can be gleaned from.

When I was stationed at Ft. Bragg, I was tasked out to a detail for the JFK Special Warfare Center. What they needed was NCOs for part of an anti terrorism class for people who were to be deployed in certain hot spots, but not where there were active operations.

We were in teams of two. We were given photographs of our subjects, a description of their car, license plate number, home address and a camera. We were also given signed and notarized waivers allowing us to be doing what we were doing in case we found ourselves confronted by the local constabulary. Our task was to follow these people around for two weeks and find out as much about them as we could.

The picture of a person's life that can be compiled from scraps of information off of papers left lying on car seats, bumper stickers, books, trash in the trash cans, etc is - how shall I say - eye opening.

We found out where people went to school, who their friends were, what units they were in, their hobbies, their children's names and where they went to school. We even managed to get the SSNs of a couple. We even found out stuff that was in their personnel records, including one subject whose records we found out were blacked out.

At the end of the two weeks, they had everyone in the class assemble in a classroom. Then they had us come in and give a presentation on what all we found out about them, including a slide show.

the class was fun for my daughter, and then for our family. We have learned how much you can learn just from the back of a car....from some cars you could very easily walk up to a little kid in a playground, or a woman at a grocery store and walk off with them....it's scary....
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

bizarrenormality

Post by bizarrenormality »

MeMelYup wrote:Sounds more like date night gone right.

When you consider a first date with a stranger as the opportunity to learn about them, and decide if you want to spend any more time with them, a definite NO is as successful an outcome as a definite YES. I'm the same way for job interviews. Two of the interviews I had this year were like that. I knew within the first half hour it wasn't the right job for me, and I felt lucky to find out before wasting any more of my time or energy.

Topic author
Sparky3131
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Sparky3131 »

bizarrenormality wrote:
MeMelYup wrote:Sounds more like date night gone right.

When you consider a first date with a stranger as the opportunity to learn about them, and decide if you want to spend any more time with them, a definite NO is as successful an outcome as a definite YES. I'm the same way for job interviews. Two of the interviews I had this year were like that. I knew within the first half hour it wasn't the right job for me, and I felt lucky to find out before wasting any more of my time or energy.

When I say a date gone wrong, I mean getting outed in a public place carrying my firearm. The rest of it is history.

:anamatedbanana
A man who demands further gun control legislation is like a chicken who roots for Colonel Sanders.-Larry Elder

nyj
Posts in topic: 4

Post by nyj »

Should have left her there.

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 2

Post by CHLLady »

bdickens wrote:

Tracy, sounds like fun on a long trip! Much better than counting the Mini Coopers. Lol. Hubby spotted a sticker on i20 that said, "I'd rather be n California!" with Texas plates. Hubby got irate and started yelling, luckily we were in the fast lane passing him. I can't make gestures, but I thought about it. Lol.

Hey, your class exercise sounds great. I bet it was an eye opener! I shred everything in my huge crosscut machine we keep next to the garbage can. I also have a locking mailbox. I keep things out of sight in the vehicle also. I'm paranoid. Lol.

OP, your mama has got to be proud of you :thumbs2: Good luck in the future!

Texsquatch has it 100% right! :smilelol5:
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

TexasGal

Post by TexasGal »

Typical of liberals; All emotion and no reason. This gets my vote too for best first post.

Glad to have you join us. I can't wait to read about your future dating experiences :biggrinjester:

Here's a tip on finding the perfect date: Spend more time at the range. Many more women are showing up there to practice and lots of them are single. Instead of getting a barrage of libtard nonsense on the way home, you could be discussing your favorite carry guns. :thumbs2:
The Only Bodyguard I Can Afford is Me
Texas LTC Instructor Cert
NRA Life Member

RHenriksen

Post by RHenriksen »

Friends don't set friends up with Maryland liberals.
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

sdmahoney

Post by sdmahoney »

nyj wrote:Should have left her there.

I disagree. There is no point in making yourself out to be the bad guy through your actions, only to justify her hysteria regarding "gun nuts". I think he did the honorable thing, and ensured none of his actions warranted her response to discovering his pistol. Remember, his friends set him up, so there is still some connection to this person, even if indirect.

SQLGeek

Post by SQLGeek »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
All in the interest of full disclosure, right? "rlol" :rolll :smilelol5:
Exactly! :biggrinjester:
Psalm 91:2

Gunner4640

Post by Gunner4640 »

:iagree: with everyone best first post ever. Too bad she acted that way :fire
Dave & Wife NRA Members
Too many guns to list> :lol::

BigBangSmallBucks

Post by BigBangSmallBucks »

Sparky3131 wrote:Hello, this is my first post in the forum

I’m a recently divorced 25 year old male, I needed a night out and all my friends had been trying to set me up with a pretty software engineer they knew. I finally gave in and took her to dinner in Galveston. As always I was carrying my Kimber Pro Carry II in my SuperTuck IWB holster at my 5 o'clock with a spare mag at my 8. After a great dinner we decided to go for ice cream before I took her home. As were standing in line she bumped into my 5 with her hand and quickly recognized it for what it was. Instead of quietly asking what was going on, she announced loudly to the whole ice cream shop "You have a gun, why do you have a gun?" I calmly told her that we were leaving and we exited the Ice cream shop. When we got to the truck I explained that I had my CHL and that I was legally carrying a firearm for defense purposes and that she just told everyone and their mom that I was carrying. She was horrified and demanded I take her home, which I did promptly. The whole way to her house she told me all about how no one should be able to carry a gun, and so on. I listened politely, not adding much to the conversation. I just told her that I was exercising my rights as a US citizen and a Texas resident. When we got to the house she just hopped out and started walking to the house and I haven’t heard from her since. (not that I’m worried about it)It was then I noticed the "COEXIST" and Obama/Biden stickers on her Lexus. Guess I should have been more observant. :banghead:
That's my absolute worst nightmare. I never know how to go about carrying on dates with someone new and if I should try to hide my weapon in the event that the date gets "frisky".

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”