North Texas motorists stoped by Feds to take DNA and blood

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 23

Re: North Texas motorists stoped by Feds to take DNA and blo

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

The fault lays at the operation directors feet for this one.... the local LEOs did them self no favors in participating.. but what we do not know is how the "survey" was presented to them. // For all we know, contractors motivated my money (no surveys taken, no money paid) may have implied or outright stated to the officers the method was approved by the department, or home land Security, or the POTUS.. or......... The officer being approached may not have realized they were being duped.. Or maybe bey they did and did not care.. All I know it the process was wrong, and LEOS helped.. I don't know how they came to be involved or what was told to them to get there involvement.
I don't buy that at all. Everyone involved on the LEO side from approving on down should be fired, immediately.

gigag04
Posts in topic: 15

Post by gigag04 »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
The fault lays at the operation directors feet for this one.... the local LEOs did them self no favors in participating.. but what we do not know is how the "survey" was presented to them. // For all we know, contractors motivated my money (no surveys taken, no money paid) may have implied or outright stated to the officers the method was approved by the department, or home land Security, or the POTUS.. or......... The officer being approached may not have realized they were being duped.. Or maybe bey they did and did not care.. All I know it the process was wrong, and LEOS helped.. I don't know how they came to be involved or what was told to them to get there involvement.
I don't buy that at all. Everyone involved on the LEO side from approving on down should be fired, immediately.
That's stupid.

I debated not even acknowledging the reply as I'm pretty sure you're trolling for responses...but there you go.

Everyone loosen up your tin foil and go for a walk or something.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
That's stupid.

I debated not even acknowledging the reply as I'm pretty sure you're trolling for responses...but there you go.

:thewave

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
That's stupid.

Why is that stupid? What part of "using your official powers to detain people under color of law for an illegal purpose" is stupid?

Please provide a reason why that is any way legal, not an abuse, and the LEOs and those who approved shouldn't immediately be fired?

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
That's stupid.

Why is that stupid? What part of "using your official powers to detain people under color of law for an illegal purpose" is stupid?

Please provide a reason why that is any way legal, not an abuse, and the LEOs and those who approved shouldn't immediately be fired?
Technically they are innocent until proven guilty. As suck I think it is your responsibility in this debate to prove that they did something illegal and should be fired vs the person you are asking that of :thumbs2:

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

texanjoker wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
That's stupid.

Technically they are innocent until proven guilty. As suck I think it is your responsibility in this debate to prove that they did something illegal and should be fired vs the person you are asking that of :thumbs2:
What? Your standard for whether someone should be fired is if it can be proven ina court of law that they committed a crime? :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Reading the article again and watching the video:

Well...all they did as far as I can tell was close down a road and direct people into a parking lot.

I didn't hear anything about detention by LEOs.

I did hear lots of "feelings" from a single involved party accompanied by some conjecture from an involved attorney. Neither of those strike me as a great version of the events that I would want to fire someone after hearing.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
That's stupid.

What? Your standard for whether someone should be fired is if it can be proven ina court of law that they committed a crime? :headscratch :headscratch :headscratch
Where was a court of law mentioned? Apparently you can't read because I stated it is your responsibility IN THIS DEBATE to prove they did something illegal and be fired as you called for. Just a thought, but if you haven't already done so, you should register on cop block so you can have free reign to bag on leo's. :thumbs2:

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

gigag04 wrote:Reading the article again and watching the video:

Well...all they did as far as I can tell was close down a road and direct people into a parking lot.

I did hear lots of "feelings" from a single involved party accompanied by some conjecture from an involved attorney. Neither of those strike me as a great version of the events that I would want to fire someone after hearing.

How is that not a detention? How is that not a detention wholly unrelated to a police officer's sworn duties? How is that not intimidation? If union members from the teamsters did it would it be ok?

Cedar Park Dad
Banned

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

texanjoker wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
That's stupid.

Where was a court of law mentioned? Apparently you can't read because I stated it is your responsibility IN THIS DEBATE to prove they did something illegal and be fired as you called for. Just a thought, but if you haven't already done so, you should register on cop block so you can have free reign to bag on leo's. :thumbs2:

You mustn't be good at reading what you write then.
"Technically they are innocent until proven guilty. As suck I think it is your responsibility in this debate to prove that they did something illegal and should be fired vs the person you are asking that of "

You're introducing the standard of Criminal proof of guilt. Thats nonsensical.

gigag04

Post by gigag04 »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
gigag04 wrote:Reading the article again and watching the video:

How is that not a detention? How is that not a detention wholly unrelated to a police officer's sworn duties? How is that not intimidation? If union members from the teamsters did it would it be ok?
Well the LEOs never made contact with them as far as I could tell....

The office building next to ours hires "off duty" LEOs to close down a lane and allow their parking garage to empty every evening. Many churches hire "off duty" LEOs to direct traffic in and out of their parking lots...are these detentions?

I realize that someone from NHTSA likely asked these people questions and pitched the survey, but I see nothing saying these people were contacted by LEOs and not free to leave....ONE lady said she FELT that it was not consensual...

How many hundreds of folks were contacted by NHTSA that day, and we have the POV from a single person. And somehow that alone is enough for you to fire the whole chain of FWPD that was somehow involved.

Again, that's stupid. Feel free to disagree.

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
That's stupid.

You mustn't be good at reading what you write then.
"Technically they are innocent until proven guilty. As suck I think it is your responsibility in this debate to prove that they did something illegal and should be fired vs the person you are asking that of "

You're introducing the standard of Criminal proof of guilt. Thats nonsensical.

It is rather concerning that you believe everything the media tells you based on hearsay.

End of discussion. Thanks for playing :thumbs2:

Dave2
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Dave2 »

Cedar Park Dad wrote:
texanjoker wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
gigag04 wrote:
Cedar Park Dad wrote:
That's stupid.

Earlier you said they should be "fired immediately" (emphasis mine). I disagree... The TX AG and FWPD IA dept should conduct investigations to determine who started making balls for the sole purpose of dropping them, and based on the outcome of said investigations file any necessary criminal charges and/or fire people for bad judgement (respectively). If the reports that I've read about this are accurate, I can't imagine it'd take too long. Nobody ever died from following "the process", and quite a few people who, despite first appearances, didn't do anything wrong have kept their jobs and rap sheets intact.
I am not a lawyer, nor have I played one on TV, nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night, nor should anything I say be taken as legal advice. If it is important that any information be accurate, do not use me as the only source.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 19

Post by mojo84 »

So it would have been fine to ignore the uniformed cop with lights flashing and driven on by? I thought you guys are always preaching that us mere citizens must always obey your commands?

Why did the chief apologize publicly if it was just the feelings of one mere citizen that was hurt? I guess all chiefs are just political morons that never support their rank and file officers even when what they were doing was legit.

Where did it say anywhere that the officers denied being involved in identifying and stopping the vehicles and then directing them to the processing area? It appears the chief acknowledged it happened?

You mock people about tinfoil hats, how about the Senate changing the rules today using the "nuclear" option? How much better position are they in now to further gun control and other issues of liberty for the mere citizenry?

You guys want it both ways and won't acknowledge cops sometimes do the wrong thing even when it is obvious they did.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

cb1000rider

Post by cb1000rider »

Dave2 wrote: Earlier you said they should be "fired immediately" (emphasis mine). I disagree... The TX AG and FWPD IA dept should conduct investigations to determine who started making balls for the sole purpose of dropping them, and based on the outcome of said investigations file any necessary criminal charges and/or fire people for bad judgement (respectively).
Kudos for being able to disagree without resorting to name-calling...
Some re-training might be necessary, but starting over and taking new LEOs out of the raffle - might not solve the issue.

Return to “Off-Topic”