North Texas motorists stoped by Feds to take DNA and blood

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

texanjoker

Re: North Texas motorists stoped by Feds to take DNA and blo

Post by texanjoker »

You guys got it all wrong. I would have received my $50 bucks, then drove around the block switching seats with my wife and she would then get her $50 bucks and then driver around the block again and again with my teens and then go to dinner :cheers2:

Jaguar
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jaguar »

Maybe privacy concerns are just more important to some people than $50.

I wouldn't give my DNA to someone in a parking lot for $50 unless I was really hungry.

And yes, I too view it as coercion when forced to stop by flashing lights and badges only to be asked to participate in a survey, not to mention you are participating even if you say "no" close enough to their passive sensor
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -- James Madison

gigag04
Posts in topic: 15

Post by gigag04 »

The LEOs weren't administering any tests from what I read/watched.

They directed them into the parking lot. NHTSA folks spoke with them.
Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. - Thomas Edison

mojo84
Posts in topic: 19

Post by mojo84 »

Herded them into the parking lot.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

mamabearCali
Posts in topic: 3

Post by mamabearCali »

gigag04 wrote:The LEOs weren't administering any tests from what I read/watched.

But why should I be stopped in the midst of my transit by LEO's for doing nothing wrong and be directed to a sales pitch trying to buy my blood and spit. I see no reason for that. That really dilutes the power of those blue lights and that badge.

Next time a criminal runs from the police perhaps he should say to the judge I thought they were going to try to buy my blood. ----Hyperbole obviously----but not too far off the mark.
SAHM to four precious children. Wife to a loving husband.

"The women of this country learned long ago those without swords can still die upon them!" Eowyn in LOTR Two Towers

Abraham
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Abraham »

gigag04 stated:

"The LEOs weren't administering any tests from what I read/watched."

From what I've read, you're absolutely correct about this.

"They directed them into the parking lot. NHTSA folks spoke with them."

This is what has people going bonkers.

Given the commercial reason for being stopped - directing people into the parking lot sounds a lot more like forcing people into the parking lot...or were they not forced? If not, then I'd very quick to say: What are you people upset about? Here's a chance to make a few quick/easy bucks.

But, if they didn't have a choice, regarding being stopped, for commercial reasons and that's an O.K. premise with all the LEO's here, there's got to be something about this scenario I'm not understanding.

What am I missing?

Thanks!

Cedar Park Dad
Banned
Posts in topic: 23

Post by Cedar Park Dad »

gigag04 wrote:The LEOs weren't administering any tests from what I read/watched.

Or a more apt translation:

LEOs ordered passerby into a secure location where they were interrogated under color of law.

SewTexas
Posts in topic: 6

Post by SewTexas »

here's the problem (for example):

1. a teen is now late for school after lunch

2. a woman is now late for a doctor appt.

3. a man is late to work and is FIRED.

4. a mom out driving around to get her baby to sleep, now has a screaming baby in her back seat.

all because they didn't give any of these people a choice as to whether or not to go into the parking lot.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

EEllis wrote:
TREKFAN wrote:So how does one respond when you ask the officer what is you PC for detaining me? And he goes its. Dwi or something type of stop?i would try to excessive my rights but there are so many ways to trample our rights, I'm hesitant to speak with confidence. :grumble
It's RS for a stop and PC for an arrest and they don't have to tell you either. If they ask you questions you say you don't want to answer and ask if you are free to go. They should either say yes or no. If they say no then consider yourself detained and act accordingly. Here you would of been flagged over and a civiliam, not a cop, would ask questions like "Can we give you $10 for a saliva sample". If you said no then you should just be free to go on your way.
I'm an Adam Henry so I didn't know RS. I knew PC. Had to look it up.

RS reasonable suspicion

Fun seeing all the terms.

From Borne Legacy: Bingo

mojo84
Posts in topic: 19

Post by mojo84 »

It appears we only have to obey the commands of a uniformed officer sometimes. Others, we don't since they are off-duty. We just have to be able to guess when. Why did they need a cop. Why not just put one of their government contractor stooges out there with a safety orange vest and let him/her flag people over? Oh, people probably wouldn't obey that person would they?

Interesting how the cops don't see the problem with this while the mere citizens do. Oh yeah, when you are the one with the "authority and power" you usually don't see a problem with it.

I wish we could add a poll to this to see how many believe there is no problem with this. The water is warming up and we are starting to boil alive.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Abraham

Post by Abraham »

LEO's: Was coercion for commercial reasons - yes/no - part of the equation?

If yes, please explain how that's defensible.

Thanks!

cb1000rider
Posts in topic: 15

Post by cb1000rider »

mojo84 wrote:It appears we only have to obey the commands of a uniformed officer sometimes. Others, we don't since they are off-duty.
On-duty / Off-duty, doesn't matter.
Who else are you going to hire to siphon off traffic?

jmra
Posts in topic: 14

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:It appears we only have to obey the commands of a uniformed officer sometimes. Others, we don't since they are off-duty. We just have to be able to guess when. Why did they need a cop. Why not just put one of their government contractor stooges out there with a safety orange vest and let him/her flag people over? Oh, people probably wouldn't obey that person would they?

Interesting how the cops don't see the problem with this while the mere citizens do. Oh yeah, when you are the one with the "authority and power" you usually don't see a problem with it.

I wish we could add a poll to this to see how many believe there is no problem with this. The water is warming up and we are starting to boil alive.
:iagree: :iagree:
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

chasfm11
Posts in topic: 8

Post by chasfm11 »

jmra wrote:
mojo84 wrote:It appears we only have to obey the commands of a uniformed officer sometimes. Others, we don't since they are off-duty. We just have to be able to guess when. Why did they need a cop. Why not just put one of their government contractor stooges out there with a safety orange vest and let him/her flag people over? Oh, people probably wouldn't obey that person would they?

:iagree: :iagree:
:iagree: This is just the latest installment of "death by a 1,000 cuts."
6/23-8/13/10 -51 days to plastic
Dum Spiro, Spero

Oldgringo
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Oldgringo »

Where is the ACLU when you need 'em? Where is the free press? Where are the attorneys looking for somebody to sue? Where are the people running for public office? When is it going to stop raining and warm up?

Return to “Off-Topic”