San Antonio police officer shot; two arrested

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
rbwhatever1
Posts in topic: 4

San Antonio police officer shot; two arrested

Post by rbwhatever1 »

This is a tragedy. I'm glad they caught the thugs.

SAN ANTONIO (AP) — A San Antonio police officer was shot in the head and critically wounded before daybreak Sunday during a car chase involving what authorities said were armed robbery suspects.
San Antonio Police Chief William McManus asked for prayers for the officer, whom he identified as Robert Deckard, 31, a seven-year veteran of the department. Deckard was in intensive care after surgery at San Antonio Military Medical Center.

http://www.wfaa.com/news/texas-news/San ... 58271.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
III

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 2

Re: San Antonio police officer shot; two arrested

Post by baldeagle »

There is one piece of possibly encouraging news.
The officer crashed after he was hit with a bullet that went through his car's windshield.
The windshield might have absorbed enough energy that the head wound isn't fatal.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

News this afternoon stating officer may not survive.
McManus said Sunday afternoon doctors were not optimistic Deckard would survive.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mojo84 »

Sad news indeed.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

n5wd

Post by n5wd »

rbwhatever1 wrote: Deckard was in intensive care after surgery at San Antonio Military Medical Center.l
Is San Antonio Military Medical Center what we used to know as BAMC (Brooke Army Medical Center)?
NRA-Life member, NRA Instructor, NRA RSO, TSRA member,
Vietnam (AF) Veteran -- Amateur Extra class amateur radio operator: N5WD

Email: CHL@centurylink.net

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

yes, it's what most of us who have lived here more than a few years call BAMC
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:Sad news indeed.
:iagree: Glad the suspects were apprehended. Prayers for the officer and his family.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Topic author
rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Here's one of the rabid animals. Too bad he didn't resist arrest and get shot in the head with his female partner. What a cowardly gang banger this little thug turned out to be when facing real men with arms. Note the word "DEMON" tattooed on his scraggly hide...

Shawn Ruiz Puente, 32, and 28-year-old Genevive Ramos supposedly robbed 15 places with 6 robberies happening over the weekend.
Added the second rabid creatures mug shot...

Image Image
Last edited by rbwhatever1 on Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
III

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

My prayers are with the officer and his family. As for my feelings about the criminals....the forum has rules. :mad5

ELB

Post by ELB »

gthaustex wrote:My prayers are with the officer and his family. As for my feelings about the criminals....the forum has rules. :mad5
+1
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

Their bail was set at $250,000 each. Really? For destroying the life of an LEO? Google says 10% so 25k and they walk? Absurd.
III

SewTexas

Post by SewTexas »

I could be wrong, but I think right now they have only been charged with the robberies....like I said, I could be wrong, but I think that's what they said on the news this evening....the problem is that this happened over 3 different counties, so this is going to take a while to shake out.
~Tracy
Gun control is what you talk about when you don't want to talk about the truth ~ Colion Noir

baldeagle

Post by baldeagle »

SewTexas wrote:I could be wrong, but I think right now they have only been charged with the robberies....like I said, I could be wrong, but I think that's what they said on the news this evening....the problem is that this happened over 3 different counties, so this is going to take a while to shake out.
They have been charged with aggravated assault of a public servant, a felony that can result in a life sentence. If Officer Deckard dies (right now he's in a medically induced coma while they want for the brain swelling to go down), the charges will be upgraded to capital murder. http://www.officer.com/news/11270798/pa ... ce-officer" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

A-R

Post by A-R »

Not looking good for Officer Deckard ...

http://m.woai.com/articles/woai-local-n ... -11919362/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

continue to pray

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

A-R wrote:Not looking good for Officer Deckard ...

http://m.woai.com/articles/woai-local-n ... -11919362/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

continue to pray
Tragic! I just took the mourning band off my badge for the Bell County Deputy. Praying for his family in this awful time. :patriot: :txflag:

Return to “The Crime Blotter”