Can you carry a Krinkov Concealed?

The "What Works, What Doesn't," "Recommendations & Experiences"

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
knight-walker
Posts in topic: 9

Can you carry a Krinkov Concealed?

Post by knight-walker »

I am told a Century Zastava PAP M92 is considered a 'pistol and handgun', so does that mean you can carry it concealed?
If possible could you quote a Texas Concealed Handgun law or Selected Statute would prohibit or allow it.

Thanks and much appreciated.

EEllis
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Can you carry a Krinkov Concealed?

Post by EEllis »

legal but a bit hard to conceal. Almost certain to get you arrested for anything but the most obvious of open and shut cases.

jmra
Posts in topic: 4

Post by jmra »

Why would anyone want to?
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

MechAg94

Post by MechAg94 »

Even with a 20 round mad, it won't be easy. Maybe with a trench coat and a sling on the shoulder.

jmra

Post by jmra »

More of a truck gun, if you ask me
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

OldCannon

Post by OldCannon »

That's why I like to tell people the EXTAR EXP-556's make excellent car/truck (or motorcycle!) guns. Lightweight, reliable, easy to store, low recoil, and the bad-guy-discouraging 5.56mm rifle cartridge :mrgreen:
I don't fear guns; I fear voters and politicians that fear guns.

Carry-a-Kimber

Post by Carry-a-Kimber »

Just need a plus 2 size Hawaiian shirt. Image

jmra

Post by jmra »

OldCannon wrote:That's why I like to tell people the EXTAR EXP-556's make excellent car/truck (or motorcycle!) guns. Lightweight, reliable, easy to store, low recoil, and the bad-guy-discouraging 5.56mm rifle cartridge :mrgreen:
Any closer to revealing that news about the EXTAR EXP?
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

texanjoker

Post by texanjoker »

Thanks for the photo as I had no idea what kind of weapon this was.

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

knight-walker wrote:I am told a Century Zastava PAP M92 is considered a 'pistol and handgun', so does that mean you can carry it concealed?
If possible could you quote a Texas Concealed Handgun law or Selected Statute would prohibit or allow it.

Under the Federal law, the Zastava M92 is a pistol or handgun. Texas Penal Code Ch 46 defines a handgun as "(5) "Handgun" means any firearm that is designed, made, or adapted to be fired with one hand." It's tough to hold an AK pistol with one hand, but it can be done, so I expect most people use two hands. But then, most people use, and are taught to use, two hands to fire any handgun, so I don't think that's a problem.

The CHL statutes permit you to carry a concealed handgun, so voila.

As a practical matter, it might be a bit tough. the one-point-sling-under-a-long-coat is one option, or simply carrying it in a bag would probably work best. And if someone noticed, it might get some questions. Just because you know it's a handgun and legal to carry doesn't mean everyone else does. People get their panties in a wad over kids playing with airsofts and tiny keychain fobs, so there is no accounting for the ignorant, the illogical, and the hoplophobic.

Why would you want to? It would certainly provide a quantum leap in power over any of the more usual pistol calibers. On the other hand, that same characteristic would make it tough to control and keep on target reliably beyond very close range.

Manticore makes a very nice flash hider for this particular pistol,the NightShroud
USAF 1982-2005

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

By the way, a pendantic nit:

"Krinkov" refers to a AK-pattern short-barreled rifle, not a pistol; the name came from a Soviet soldier who was captured with one during the Soviet occupation of Afghanistan. IIRC it was the first time a short-barreled version had been seen by the West, or at least made it into the popular press. Under US law, shortbarreled rifles have (rifle) stocks and barrels less than 16" long, among other characteristics.

The Soviets did not call it a Krinkov, a Krinkov was just some unluckly soldier. Officially it had a numerical designation, unofficially it had a Russian name whose translation is not permitted on this forum.

But a lot of Serbian M92s, Romanian Dracos, and similar AK-pattern pistols end up as "Krinkovs," so you are not too far off. ;-)
USAF 1982-2005

bdickens

Post by bdickens »

Y'all smell something?
Byron Dickens

bayouhazard

Post by bayouhazard »

knight-walker wrote:I am told a Century Zastava PAP M92 is considered a 'pistol and handgun', so does that mean you can carry it concealed?

If it's a hangun it's legal to conceal with a CHL. If it's not a handgun you don't need a CHL. If it's full auto you better have the proper federal papers.

Texas Penal Code 46.02, 46.15, 46.05.

Topic author
knight-walker
Posts in topic: 9

Post by knight-walker »

jmra wrote:Why would anyone want to?
The same reason some people buy BMW's or Audi's with 560 Horsepower instead of vehicles like Volkswagen Westfalia which have only 90 Horsepower, Personal Choice / or taste.

jmra

Post by jmra »

knight-walker wrote:
jmra wrote:Why would anyone want to?
The same reason some people buy BMW's or Audi's with 560 Horsepower instead of vehicles like Volkswagen Westfalia which have only 90 Horsepower, Personal Choice / or taste.
No, I think they are compensating.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “New to CHL?”