Stockman slams Cornyn’s Bloomberg Bill

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Robert*PPS
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Stockman slams Cornyn’s Bloomberg Bill

Post by Robert*PPS »

baldeagle wrote:I went to Cornyn's Senate website and to his Facebook page. Then I went to Congress.gov (the replacement for the Thomas site) and looked for the bill. Then I googled it. Nothing. I can't find anything about this, except major echoes of Stockman's claims. No news stories. No blogs. Nothing. Very strange indeed, if it's true.
Me too. The only thing I found were a few articles quoting stockman. I find it hard to believe his assertion when there is absolutely nothing out there to support it.

RoyGBiv

Post by RoyGBiv »

http://www.conchovalleyhomepage.com/sto ... vkMCJulbDw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Texas Senator, John Cornyn, introduced the Constitutional Concealed Carry Reciprocity Act of 2014 on the U.S. Senate Floor Friday.
But... Senate was not in session on Friday.. so.. ?? :confused5

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/CREC-2014- ... -PgD31.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Senate

Chamber Action
The Senate was not in session and stands ad-
journed until 2 p.m. on Monday, January 13, 2014.

Committee Meetings
No committee meetings were held.
There was no activity in the Senate the prior Friday (3rd) either.. :roll:

And finally, there is noting in the Congressional Record matching the name of the alleged Bill.
http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/search/searchr ... ct+of+2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Perhaps he took a copy of the drafted Bill and walked around the Senate floor with it? Showed it to the Senate janitor or the security team? :lol: :mrgreen:
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Post by mojo84 »

http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/ ... ll-senate/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Emily Miller weighs in.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

jmra
Posts in topic: 3

Post by jmra »

mojo84 wrote:http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/ ... ll-senate/

Emily Miller weighs in.
Love this line:
An amused Mr. Cornyn responded, “He must be clairvoyant because the bill hasn’t been written yet.”
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
VMI77 wrote:
SewTexas wrote:
this is a states rights issue it is not Federal! NONONO! :banghead:
:iagree:
I don't agree. The bill will not give the feds regulatory authority over a state's CHL requirements. It will simply mean all states will have to recognize all licenses, but licensees will have to comply with the laws of the states into which they choose to carry a handgun.

If it is amended to allow regulatory authority by the feds, then it will be killed.

Chas.
Okay, I feel better if it is written that way. Traditionally, what the fed permits in one hand it regulates with the other. Thus I was watching this with conflicted emotions.
Charles L. Cotton wrote: So one again, Stockman doesn't feel constrained by the truth. Sadly, this isn't a surprise. I do wish he'd go back to Michigan.
-em mine

Now then, that explains an awful lot.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

SherwoodForest

Post by SherwoodForest »

Only the warm , fuzzy, slobbery, and stinking snout of the federal camel wanting to come into the states' tents and help us all "get along".

airboss

Post by airboss »

Cornyn's fired the first shot across the bow with one of the nastiest, fact-free campaigns I can recall -ever- in an off-year. The way he threw Ted Cruz under the bus is something I won't soon forget, and I for one at least am ill thinking of what the Boehner/McConnel/McCain/Graham/Rove/Cheney/Cornyn cabal has done to this country. I live in US-36, Steve Stockman's record is solid.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

airboss wrote:Cornyn's fired the first shot across the bow with one of the nastiest, fact-free campaigns I can recall -ever- in an off-year. The way he threw Ted Cruz under the bus is something I won't soon forget, and I for one at least am ill thinking of what the Boehner/McConnel/McCain/Graham/Rove/Cheney/Cornyn cabal has done to this country. I live in US-36, Steve Stockman's record is solid.
1. Cornyn didn't throw Cruz under the bus. Not joining a filibuster isn't the same as throwing him under the buss.
2. Stockman was my Rep. for one term when he beat Jack Brooks in 1994, only to be defeated by a Democrat the next election. His records then and now are hardly "solid" unless you don't mind his ethics problems, and his propensity to sick his foot in his mouth.
3. On the issue of "fact-free campaigns," show us the Cornyn mental health bill that Stockman lied about.

Chas.

jmra

Post by jmra »

airboss wrote:Cornyn's fired the first shot across the bow with one of the nastiest, fact-free campaigns I can recall -ever- in an off-year. The way he threw Ted Cruz under the bus is something I won't soon forget, and I for one at least am ill thinking of what the Boehner/McConnel/McCain/Graham/Rove/Cheney/Cornyn cabal has done to this country. I live in US-36, Steve Stockman's record is solid.
Sorry but you and the rest of of Stockmans 6% support aren't going to get the lying scum anywhere near defeating Cornyn, a fact that puts a big smile on my face.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

airboss

Post by airboss »

jmra wrote:
Sorry but you and the rest of of Stockmans 6% support aren't going to get the lying scum anywhere near defeating Cornyn, a fact that puts a big smile on my face.

That thought process two years ago would have produced David Dewhurst instead of Ted Cruz. Thankfully, most people were smarter than that.

airboss

Post by airboss »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
1. Cornyn didn't throw Cruz under the bus. Not joining a filibuster isn't the same as throwing him under the buss.
2. Stockman was my Rep. for one term when he beat Jack Brooks in 1994, only to be defeated by a Democrat the next election. His records then and now are hardly "solid" unless you don't mind his ethics problems, and his propensity to sick his foot in his mouth.
3. On the issue of "fact-free campaigns," show us the Cornyn mental health bill that Stockman lied about.

Chas.
1. Cornyn joined forces with the McConnel & Boehner & the rest of the RINOs and refused to support Cruz and the filibuster. I'd say that's throwing him under the bus.
2. Show me the politician that hasn't had a case of 'athlete's mouth' or for that matter- been misquoted or taken out of contest.
3. ‏Twitter: @ShadyStockman - a defacto 'fact-free campaign.'

Do I think Stockman is the perfect candidate, no I don't. He filed for the Senate Primary at the 11th hour, giving little time/warning for others to file for Tx-36, leaving this district as a fusterclub. But these RINO's have got to go.

Finally, as far as legislation goes. On the national level at least, any sort of bill supporting 2a rights is a huge Don Quixote style waste of time and effort. With this POTUS? And with this Senate?

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
VMI77 wrote:Can 't find any specifics....did find the Texas Monthly interview.....but his answer also does not contain any specifics, and the TM characterization of the bill is different than that of Stockman, in that it ties it with a history of violence.
This sounds much more realistic in terms of Senators Cornyn and Graham. The biggest problem with the Obama executive order is that it abandons the "danger" element and if the as-yet unwritten Cornyn/Graham bill requires a history of violence, then it would trump the Obama executive order. So one again, Stockman doesn't feel constrained by the truth. Sadly, this isn't a surprise. I do wish he'd go back to Michigan.

Chas.
I’ll throw in $20.00 for gas.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”