Open Carry

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Re: Open Carry

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

WildBill wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:I was born at night Ms. Davis, but it wasn't last night.
Chas.
"rlol"
She is not fooling me either.

TxRVer
Posts in topic: 2

Post by TxRVer »

Next week she'll announce that she is pro-life.
Charlie

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 3

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

TxRVer wrote:Next week she'll announce that she is pro-life.

LOL... and against same sex marriage. Holy cow! She is becoming a conservative! :lol: She is going to fool around and lose the libtard vote in the big cities like Austin, Dallas and Houston and the conservatives aren't going to believe her lies anyway.

locke_n_load
Posts in topic: 1

Post by locke_n_load »

She's definitely just an opportunist, as I read in a related article.

And I will quote a guy over on the texasguntalk forums:
"She also said, 'till death do us part' a couple times."
CHL Holder since 10/08
NRA Certified Instructor
Former LTC Instructor

philip964

Post by philip964 »

So how do the Republican candidates respond?

Interesting political move.

What if one Republican (someone who is behind) candidate also comes out in favor of open carry to make the news?

Do all then follow, afraid to be left out?

Does she then reverse? The libs would be relieved, and she might draw some center left folks now being the only candidate who was against open carry.

Or after the most unbelievable of all political moves do we end up with open carry?

"Combat tactics Mr. Ryan"

The Marshal

Post by The Marshal »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Excaliber wrote:Wendy is flailing desperately as she watches her election chances sink beneath the waves.

Support for open carry is not a genuine position.

She's just trying to pick up gun owner support for something she'd maneuver into defeat if it was ever proposed.
Absolutely right. Plus, she is a documented, confessed liar, so her credibility concerning any campaign statement or position is nonexistent. If she " wants to safeguard gun rights 'for honest citizens'," then why as a member of Fort Worth City Council, did she try to keep gun shows out of Fort Worth? I was born at night Ms. Davis, but it wasn't last night.

Chas.
+1 !!

FML

Post by FML »

If people are carrying guns anyway it's pretty silly for the law to require hiding them.

FML

rbwhatever1

Post by rbwhatever1 »

III

ddstuder

Post by ddstuder »

Guns are like parachutes, if your ever in a situation that you need one and you dont have one, you'll probably never need one again.

Scott Farkus

Post by Scott Farkus »

Believe it or not, she already did that.

dangit ... Will provide correct link soon

Here we go: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/11/0 ... 27184.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Scott Farkus on Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Scott Farkus wrote:
Believe it or not, she already did that.

http://cdn.digitaltexan.net/wp-content/ ... 00x168.jpg
Linky no work

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

SherwoodForest

Post by SherwoodForest »

As I recall Ann Richards was also "a supporter of the 2nd Amendment" during her campaign for governor until she got elected - and then proceeded to veto the Texas CHL bill.

Wendy is - as Wendy does.....not as Wendy says she "would".

SA-TX
Posts in topic: 6

Post by SA-TX »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:
Excaliber wrote:Wendy is flailing desperately as she watches her election chances sink beneath the waves.

Support for open carry is not a genuine position.

She's just trying to pick up gun owner support for something she'd maneuver into defeat if it was ever proposed.
Absolutely right. Plus, she is a documented, confessed liar, so her credibility concerning any campaign statement or position is nonexistent. If she " wants to safeguard gun rights 'for honest citizens'," then why as a member of Fort Worth City Council, did she try to keep gun shows out of Fort Worth? I was born at night Ms. Davis, but it wasn't last night.

Chas.
All true but doesn't it raise a more important question: what's stopping an OC bill from becoming law next session? The likely gubernatorial nominees of BOTH parties support it (at least in theory by Davis's claim), the sitting Lt. Governor - and president of the Senate - supports it, as do those running for AG like Land Com. Patterson, and finally our sitting governor. Can it really still be that "controversial" now? Are we only lacking the support of the Speaker of the House? With the number of folks running for office who say they are pro-OC, you'd think it would be the first piece of legislation introduced and sail through both houses. :biggrinjester:

All kidding aside, does the environment get any more favorable? Charles, I really hope that we will strike the brand while the iron is hot. I know that OC has never been a high-priority for the TSRA but, like it or not, hasn't it become a target of opportunity that simply can't be ignored? Whether the OC protests and bogus arrests have helped or hurt, this is a chance to settle the issue. As I've said on many occasions, OC isn't my top legislative desire but if it has become low hanging fruit, I'll certainly take it. Please let me know how I can help. :txflag:

SA-TX

gringo pistolero

Post by gringo pistolero »

SA-TX wrote:All true but doesn't it raise a more important question: what's stopping an OC bill from becoming law next session? The likely gubernatorial nominees of BOTH parties support it (at least in theory by Davis's claim), the sitting Lt. Governor - and president of the Senate - supports it, as do those running for AG like Land Com. Patterson, and finally our sitting governor. Can it really still be that "controversial" now? Are we only lacking the support of the Speaker of the House? With the number of folks running for office who say they are pro-OC, you'd think it would be the first piece of legislation introduced and sail through both houses. :biggrinjester:
:thumbs2:

That would be a good test for how they really feel about the Second Amendment. Democrats and Republicans alike.
I sincerely apologize to anybody I offended by suggesting the Second Amendment also applies to The People who don't work for the government.

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

gringo pistolero wrote:
SA-TX wrote:All true but doesn't it raise a more important question: what's stopping an OC bill from becoming law next session? The likely gubernatorial nominees of BOTH parties support it (at least in theory by Davis's claim), the sitting Lt. Governor - and president of the Senate - supports it, as do those running for AG like Land Com. Patterson, and finally our sitting governor. Can it really still be that "controversial" now? Are we only lacking the support of the Speaker of the House? With the number of folks running for office who say they are pro-OC, you'd think it would be the first piece of legislation introduced and sail through both houses. :biggrinjester:
:thumbs2:

That would be a good test for how they really feel about the Second Amendment. Democrats and Republicans alike.
In my view it's only a test of how they really feel about open-carry. There are many very strong Second Amendment supporters who are either ambivalent about open-carry or out right opposed for fear it may negatively impact other Second Amendment rights. The OC crowd's attempt to make a person's position on open-carry a litmus test for how they feel about the Second Amendment has succeeded only within their own community. It's like saying "If you don't like a .45 Schofield revolver, you don't really support the Second Amendment."

Chas.

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”