FedEx shooting in Georgia

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
RetNavy
Posts in topic: 1

FedEx shooting in Georgia

Post by RetNavy »

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/29/ge ... latestnews

six taken to hospital

shooter killed himself
"Freedom itself was attacked this morning by a faceless coward. Freedom will be defended!"
-President George W. Bush, September 11, 2001

txglock21

Re: FedEx shooting in Georgia

Post by txglock21 »

Originally reported as an "assault rifle", now saying it was a shotgun. Biden's weapon of choice. :shock:
"Laugh about everything or cry about nothing."
NRA Life Member & TSRA Member/ Former USAF

ajwakeboarder
Posts in topic: 3

Post by ajwakeboarder »

Not suprised. FedEx has a 30.06 sign at every location i've ever been to
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

longbedder
Posts in topic: 2

Post by longbedder »

ya i've been working for fedex for a month or so, and they are very persistent on reminding employees that firearms are prohibited on property, and personal vehicles(employee parking is secured by a security fence). Management didn't tell us much about the incident this morning, so i'm just learning about this incident myself.
Rather Have It And Not Need It, Than To Need It And Not Have It

gthaustex

Post by gthaustex »

More carnage in a "gun free zone", made very safe by the fact that no one can take a gun there...... :banghead:

Prayers for the victims.

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

longbedder wrote:ya i've been working for fedex for a month or so, and they are very persistent on reminding employees that firearms are prohibited on property, and personal vehicles(employee parking is secured by a security fence). Management didn't tell us much about the incident this morning, so i'm just learning about this incident myself.
They told us CHL holders can leave their guns in their cars. If you don't have a CHL and you have a gun in your car you can be fired. Not sure they know about MPA.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

longbedder

Post by longbedder »

ajwakeboarder wrote:
longbedder wrote:ya i've been working for fedex for a month or so, and they are very persistent on reminding employees that firearms are prohibited on property, and personal vehicles(employee parking is secured by a security fence). Management didn't tell us much about the incident this morning, so i'm just learning about this incident myself.
They told us CHL holders can leave their guns in their cars. If you don't have a CHL and you have a gun in your car you can be fired. Not sure they know about MPA.
Really? I was under the assumption that if an employer has secured parking that even chl holders can be prohibited from keeping a firearm in personal vehicles? guess i need to do some more research.
Rather Have It And Not Need It, Than To Need It And Not Have It

ajwakeboarder

Post by ajwakeboarder »

longbedder wrote:
ajwakeboarder wrote:
Really? I was under the assumption that if an employer has secured parking that even chl holders can be prohibited from keeping a firearm in personal vehicles? guess i need to do some more research.
Ours is unsecured.
SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

TREKFAN

Post by TREKFAN »

Shooter must have missed this sign. http://i.imgur.com/lOGUIEw.jpg
Application, Fingerprints & CHL class done by 1-12-13
All documents mailed USPS 1-16-13
All Documents Received, background check under review 2-1-13
Background check complete 2/15

jmra

Post by jmra »

I guess any long gun is now considered an assault rifle by the general public.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

nightmare
Deactivated until real name is provided

Post by nightmare »

jmra wrote:I guess any long gun is now considered an assault rifle by the general public.
Their fear is irrational, but that is actually irrelevant if they're college educated.

Or so some people say. :biggrinjester:
Equo ne credite, Teucri. Quidquid id est, timeo Danaos et dona ferentes

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

jmra wrote:I guess any long gun is now considered an assault rifle by the general public.
Yeah, the Daily Mail even calls it an "assault rifle" AND a shotgun in the same article. It's deliberate.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Jumping Frog

Post by Jumping Frog »

The WSJ ran some idiocy:
WSJ wrote:There’s a sad twist to the shooting Tuesday morning at a FedEx facility in Kennesaw, Ga., where an employee injured six co-workers before turning the gun on himself. Kennesaw is one of several U.S. cities and towns that have an ordinance requiring every household to own a gun. ......The town of Kennesaw’s Web site says that the gun requirement has led to a decline in burglaries. “The city has the lowest crime rate in Cobb County,” it boasts. But in 2010 a former employee of a Penske truck rental facility there shot five people, killing three. Add in Tuesday’s victims, and that’s a lot of gun violence for a town with only about 30,000 residents.
This picture was part of the article:

Picture refutes the article. Notice that this gunman didn't decide to go to someone's home to shoot them because the homeowners are armed, instead choosing to wreak his havoc in a so-called "gun-free zone".
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

jmra

Post by jmra »

Jumping Frog wrote:The WSJ ran some idiocy:
WSJ wrote:There’s a sad twist to the shooting Tuesday morning at a FedEx facility in Kennesaw, Ga., where an employee injured six co-workers before turning the gun on himself. Kennesaw is one of several U.S. cities and towns that have an ordinance requiring every household to own a gun. ......The town of Kennesaw’s Web site says that the gun requirement has led to a decline in burglaries. “The city has the lowest crime rate in Cobb County,” it boasts. But in 2010 a former employee of a Penske truck rental facility there shot five people, killing three. Add in Tuesday’s victims, and that’s a lot of gun violence for a town with only about 30,000 residents.
This picture was part of the article:

[ Image ]

Picture refutes the article. Notice that this gunman didn't decide to go to someone's home to shoot them because the homeowners are armed, instead choosing to wreak his havoc in a so-called "gun-free zone".
Those two signs in the background stand out like a sore thumb.
Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.
John Wayne
NRA Lifetime member

Return to “The Crime Blotter”