How bad it is in Massachusetts

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 5

How bad it is in Massachusetts

Post by philip964 »

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2014/0 ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You have to get a permission slip to get a shotgun.

mojo84
Posts in topic: 2

Re: How bad it is in Massachusetts

Post by mojo84 »

It's always about the big bad NRA and never about what is right and constitutional.

“What the Senate chose to do is placate the NRA instead of supporting law enforcement,” said John Rosenthal, founder of Stop Handgun Violence.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

They must not have a drug problem in Mass, if they do, these guys have a solution....just pass a law that makes drugs illegal. Or, more realistically, a law that gives Police Chiefs discretion as to which people are or are not among the state ruling class, and thus are or are not entitled to use recreational drugs. "rlol"
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Abraham
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Abraham »

Equating the support of law enforcement with keeping guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens is ludicrous.

But, of course, if law abiding citizens are allowed to be armed they'll be "blood in the streets" and, huff, huff, cough, wheeze - wait that's been repeatedly disproven. Quite the opposite in fact.

Violent crime rates go down when law abiding citizens are armed, but hey, don't let that fact get in the way of leftist thinking.

Plus, I'm sure the leftist LEO mind set are certain they and only they can be professional enough to be armed.

Uh-huh...

JSThane
Banned

Post by JSThane »

As I recall, you need a permission slip in MA to carry -pepper spray-. Any firearm possession also requires a permit, as well as any ammunition possession -or components-. A spent shell stuck in the tread of your boot can be prosecuted as a felony, punishable by up to five years in prison.

Yes, it really IS that bad up there.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

Bad enough that Berreta is moving their factory to a suburb of Nashville, TN

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/22/be ... trol-laws/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

SA-TX

Post by SA-TX »

Keith B wrote:Bad enough that Berreta is moving their factory to a suburb of Nashville, TN

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/07/22/be ... trol-laws/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Looks like that story is from Maryland (MD) not MA. As incredible as this sounds, I think MA residents have it better. There are actually places in the state that issue full carry permits, unlike the People's Republic of Northern DC where their system seems to exist in name only (like HI).

SA-TX

hillfighter
Banned

Post by hillfighter »

mojo84 wrote:It's always about the big bad NRA and never about what is right and constitutional.

“What the Senate chose to do is placate the NRA instead of supporting law enforcement,” said John Rosenthal, founder of Stop Handgun Violence.
Are there more than two states doing what's right and constitutional? Everywhere else it seems the only question is how much the right to keep and bear arms is infringed by the state. Not if.
"support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic"

mojo84

Post by mojo84 »

hillfighter wrote:
mojo84 wrote:It's always about the big bad NRA and never about what is right and constitutional.

Are there more than two states doing what's right and constitutional? Everywhere else it seems the only question is how much the right to keep and bear arms is infringed by the state. Not if.

That's a different argument for a different thread.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Keith B

Post by Keith B »

SA-TX wrote:
Keith B wrote:Bad enough that Berreta is moving their factory to a suburb of Nashville, TN

Looks like that story is from Maryland (MD) not MA. As incredible as this sounds, I think MA residents have it better. There are actually places in the state that issue full carry permits, unlike the People's Republic of Northern DC where their system seems to exist in name only (like HI).

SA-TX
Oops, my bad. Still bad, but not as bad.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

frreed

Post by frreed »

Yep, MA is that bad. My son has been there for the last three years at college. Pepper spray does require a permit. Knives, bigger than nail clippers, will land you in jail. Guns. Fugettaboutit!. However, walk down Commonwealth Ave and you can get a contact high in a couple blocks. Don't leave your bike unattended for more than 30 seconds and watch out for pressure cookers.

He graduated in May and is coming back home next month. He is getting his CHL as soon as possible. He truly appreciates what we have in Texas.

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

Boston Top Cop: City Residents Do Not 'Need' to Own Shotguns, Rifles

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... uns-Rifles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The more “over the top” they get, the more public opinion will turn against them.
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

VMI77 wrote:They must not have a drug problem in Mass, if they do, these guys have a solution....just pass a law that makes drugs illegal. Or, more realistically, a law that gives Police Chiefs discretion as to which people are or are not among the state ruling class, and thus are or are not entitled to use recreational drugs. "rlol"
On the other hand, the recent actions of many of the state's police chiefs suggest that the drug problem is much worse there than we thought. :shock:

They will, of course, need a tax exempt organization to fund their activism. I suggest it be called OODMA (Our Oaths Don't Mean Anything) or, perhaps more accurately, CAL (Cops Against Liberty).
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

VoiceofReason
Banned

Post by VoiceofReason »

He looks like Barney Fife could whip him.
Attachments
images[2].jpg
images[2].jpg (6.32 KiB) Viewed 4407 times
God Bless America, and please hurry.
When I was young I knew all the answers. When I got older I started to realize I just hadn’t quite understood the questions.-Me

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

VoiceofReason wrote:Boston Top Cop: City Residents Do Not 'Need' to Own Shotguns, Rifles

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government ... uns-Rifles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The more “over the top” they get, the more public opinion will turn against them.
He needs to talk to Biden
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”