Whole Foods Markets Posting 30.06 Signs

CHL discussions that do not fit into more specific topics

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

GEM-Texas
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Whole Foods Markets Posting 30.06 Signs

Post by GEM-Texas »

The new WF in the Austin domain has a noncompliant sign. If they are springing up because of the OC Chipolte display - then those folks :mad5

ScottDLS
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ScottDLS »

GEM-Texas wrote:The new WF in the Austin domain has a noncompliant sign. If they are springing up because of the OC Chipolte display - then those folks :mad5
And presumably a 30.06 sign doesn't even prohibit open carry unless accompanied by some other form of notice for 30.05.
4/13/1996 Completed CHL Class, 4/16/1996 Fingerprints, Affidavits, and Application Mailed, 10/4/1996 Received CHL, renewed 1998, 2002, 2006, 2011, 2016...). "ATF... Uhhh...heh...heh....Alcohol, tobacco, and GUNS!! Cool!!!!"

Redneck_Buddha

Post by Redneck_Buddha »

I'm gonna miss shopping there.

gemini

Post by gemini »

Dragonfighter wrote:When you have as many food allergies as we do, you really have limited choices. So far so good in the Arlington store. There is a new one opening next month in FM that is more convenient, hope they don't.
DF, My DIL has food allergies. She's on a gluten free diet, uses cocnut milk creamer,
soy/almond milk when needed. Her symtoms etc have cleared. The most important thing:
read the label. Good luck.

android

Post by android »

It appears that the store in the Domain has taken down all its TABC signs. That is NOT allowed under TABC regs, so I will be filing a complaint on Monday.

Even if they put up a 30.06, they must continue to display a blue sign.

Feel free to check and file complaints accordingly.

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

That's a bummer, I was really looking forward to shopping there.
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

I wonder if they realize that 30.06 only effects licensed people?

Topic author
Dad24GreatKids
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

I encourage everyone to post these locations in http://www.texas3006.com.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

gemini wrote:
Dragonfighter wrote:When you have as many food allergies as we do, you really have limited choices. So far so good in the Arlington store. There is a new one opening next month in FM that is more convenient, hope they don't.
DF, My DIL has food allergies. She's on a gluten free diet, uses cocnut milk creamer,
soy/almond milk when needed. Her symtoms etc have cleared. The most important thing:
Oh, we're experts at label reading and interpreting. For instance, if they say "natural flavors" and do not say from what, it's corn. Did you know the FDA has seen fit to allow petroleum in your foods?

My youngest is the canary in the coal mine and has identified a lot of allergies that affect all of us, though not as severely or acutely as they do her. Gluten, dairy, eggs, sulfates, sulfites, petroleum and assorted others. A lot of spices and ALL packaged/frozen foods are out. We get grass fed beef and only fresh fruits and vegetables. It's not just what's in foods but how they are packaged and processed. Our Tom Thumb and Kroger are getting better but unless we want to hit like twenty stores to get "safe" groceries, places like Whole Foods are the answer.

FWIW, this is where my argument about "public" access and private property rights collide. They do not do anything to actually keep guns from coming in and let the "unwashed" public unfettered access but somehow, they make me either a criminal or defenseless if I have to enter. For those who rapidly respond, "Go somewhere else." I'm all ears. I already drive an hour each way for our meat, and grocery trips take 2-3 hours because of all the stops. I'm sorry, if you are not going to put up metal detectors and post security but let the public have unqualified access, you shouldn't be able to ban the means for me to legally protect myself.
I Thess 5:21
Disclaimer: IANAL, IANYL, IDNPOOTV, IDNSIAHIE and IANROFL
"There is no situation so bad that you can't make it worse." - Chris Hadfield, NASA ISS Astronaut

bkj

Post by bkj »

ScottDLS wrote:Does a 30.06 sign prohibit open carry of a rifle? :???:
As open carry of a long gun is not under subchapter h chapter 411 I would say it does not. But under 30.05 any other no gun sign would. Just my two cents.
"When seconds count the police are minutes away" Nikki Goeser

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority…They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” Noah Webster

bkj

Post by bkj »

tomdavis wrote:Does anyone know if denying guns allows a reduction in their insurance cost?
As open carry of a long gun is not under subchapter h chapter 411 I would say it does not. But under 30.05 any other no gun sign would. Just my two cents.
"When seconds count the police are minutes away" Nikki Goeser

“Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority…They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.” Noah Webster

Topic author
Dad24GreatKids
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Dad24GreatKids »

MeMelYup wrote:I wonder if they realize that 30.06 only effects licensed people?
I doubt it. If they had really done their research, they would be posting valid signs.
Dad24GreatKids
NRA Life member
TSRA

MeMelYup

Post by MeMelYup »

Dragonfighter wrote:
gemini wrote:
Oh, we're experts at label reading and interpreting. For instance, if they say "natural flavors" and do not say from what, it's corn. Did you know the FDA has seen fit to allow petroleum in your foods?

My youngest is the canary in the coal mine and has identified a lot of allergies that affect all of us, though not as severely or acutely as they do her. Gluten, dairy, eggs, sulfates, sulfites, petroleum and assorted others. A lot of spices and ALL packaged/frozen foods are out. We get grass fed beef and only fresh fruits and vegetables. It's not just what's in foods but how they are packaged and processed. Our Tom Thumb and Kroger are getting better but unless we want to hit like twenty stores to get "safe" groceries, places like Whole Foods are the answer.

FWIW, this is where my argument about "public" access and private property rights collide. They do not do anything to actually keep guns from coming in and let the "unwashed" public unfettered access but somehow, they make me either a criminal or defenseless if I have to enter. For those who rapidly respond, "Go somewhere else." I'm all ears. I already drive an hour each way for our meat, and grocery trips take 2-3 hours because of all the stops. I'm sorry, if you are not going to put up metal detectors and post security but let the public have unqualified access, you shouldn't be able to ban the means for me to legally protect myself.
Private Property Rights are to be respected. I also think a place that boldly invites people in to browse and purchase items or service have given up some of their private ptoperty rights. They have given up their right to privacy. They have given up their right to invite selected people into their "business" property. There is a large difference between Prinate Property and Prinate Business Property that is open to the invited public.
To say that I cannot carry a firearm into a business that I, as part of the public, have been invited into to shop or for service is wrong. They would have the full right to dictate what I wear to their domicile and if I don't like it I don't need to attend. To dictate how I am to dress or what I can carry as part of my wardrobe, especially when it is an unalienable right is wrong.
Rant over.

VMI77

Post by VMI77 »

We're getting great deals at Amazon these days, everything from toilet tissue to groceries. Food delivered to our door at lower cost than what we can get in the stores, including shipping. I like Whole Foods but I'm done with them now. I don't care if every store is posted or not....if I encounter a chain that has any of it's outlets posted they're not getting my money.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

twomillenium

Post by twomillenium »

Taking your business elsewhere is your right. I say, in order to get the point across, tell the management why you are not doing business with them. This can be done in a calm, and polite manner without creating a scene, something the OC folks seem to forget.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

Return to “General Texas CHL Discussion”