ISIS Mall Attack - How can we prepare?

As the name indicates, this is the place for gun-related political discussions. It is not open to other political topics.

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

CHLLady
Posts in topic: 4

Re: ISIS Mall Attack - How can we prepare?

Post by CHLLady »

I watched the mall attack again. I'm stunned, I thought there was more than just 4 gunmen! It seems that I remembered them saying there were many more than that. Incredible.

One thing that I learned from this is the herding effect, everyone running and grouping together. I'm sure it's a natural instinct. Your thoughts?
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

CHLLady wrote:I watched the mall attack again. I'm stunned, I thought there was more than just 4 gunmen! It seems that I remembered them saying there were many more than that. Incredible.

One thing that I learned from this is the herding effect, everyone running and grouping together. I'm sure it's a natural instinct. Your thoughts?
You might have been getting it mixed up with the Mumbai attacks back in 2008. I can't find the number of terrorist there, but I'm sure there more than four and possibly dozens.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

C-dub
Posts in topic: 5

Post by C-dub »

C-dub wrote:
CHLLady wrote:I watched the mall attack again. I'm stunned, I thought there was more than just 4 gunmen! It seems that I remembered them saying there were many more than that. Incredible.

You might have been getting it mixed up with the Mumbai attacks back in 2008. I can't find the number of terrorist there, but I'm sure there more than four and possibly dozens.
Just found the number. Good grief, only 10 caused so much pain.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

It could be!
If you carry a gun, people call you paranoid. Nonsense! If you carry a gun, what do you have to be paranoid about?

CHLLady

Post by CHLLady »

10 in Mumbai? Stunning.

Does anyone have any comments about running with the herd? Like in Africa, they run in herds to escape the lions. In this case it seems to have drawn more attention to them, especially when they got cornered on the parking deck.

mayor
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mayor »

I have a question: How do CHL holders communicate with each other that "I'm not a BG?"

Jumping Frog
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Jumping Frog »

mayor wrote:I have a question: How do CHL holders communicate with each other that "I'm not a BG?"
Ahh, . . . . , don't wear a burka? "rlol" "rlol" :smilelol5:
-Just call me Bob . . . Texas Firearms Coalition, NRA Life member, TSRA Life member, and OFCC Patron member

This froggie ain't boiling! Shall not be infringed! Μολών Λαβέ

anygunanywhere

Post by anygunanywhere »

Jumping Frog wrote:
mayor wrote:I have a question: How do CHL holders communicate with each other that "I'm not a BG?"
You didn't tell him about the CHL badge, tiara, and sash.

Anygunanywhere
"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." Mike Vanderboegh

"The Smallest Minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." – Ayn Rand

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 6

Post by Excaliber »

Jumping Frog wrote:
Skip the black face mask too..... "rlol"

On a more serious note, one tactic to consider is enlisting the aid of someone who is willing to watch your back and let persons who might misidentify you know that you're a good guy. It's far from perfect, but in chaotic situations imperfect is as good as it gets.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

It's never been easier:

By the way, I STILL think the best way to guarantee there will be no mall attacks by ISIS is to preemptively blow all the malls up.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

sjfcontrol

Post by sjfcontrol »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
It's never been easier:
[ Image ]

By the way, I STILL think the best way to guarantee there will be no mall attacks by ISIS is to preemptively blow all the malls up.
Worked in Nairobi -- hasn't been one there since!
Range Rule: "The front gate lock is not an acceptable target."
Never Forget. Image

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 7

Post by The Annoyed Man »

sjfcontrol wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:
It's never been easier:
[ Image ]

Worked in Nairobi -- hasn't been one there since!
This is what I'm saying! It may be a little counterintuitive, but it is so simple. "rlol"
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

ELB
Posts in topic: 2

Post by ELB »

If you are talking about the Nairobi Westgate Mall, you are correct - first reports had numbers like 10 and even 20, IIRC. There were reports that British girl who converted to islamic terrorism, I think they called her the White Widow, might be part of the group. There was a report that a group of terrorists had entered the mall via some underground tunnel that runs through Nairobi. First reports are often (always?) wrong on the details, and often far of the mark.

In the Mumbai attack, there were five groups of two, and they amplified their number by leaving bombs in taxis they used, set to explode after the taxi had dropped them off.

But it does show how just a few people with even minimal plan can cause s lot of confusion, especially if escape is not part of their plan.

It's not just "organized" groups like ISIS etc that can conjure up something like this either. There have been a number of attacks since 2001 by one or two people who were not directly commanded by a recognized terrorist group, but who were inspired or encouraged by the idea of global jihad, islamic terrorism, whatever you want to call it. There was the Beltway Sniper, a recruiting office shot up, the guy at the El Al counter in LA, a small group that planned to hit Fort Dix, I think even the Tsarnov (sp?) brothers were semi-independent - oh and some disaffected major at Ft Hood. I've seen a couple time a list of close to 300 separate attacks since 2001, but because the vast majority did not manage to kill more than one or two, they did not get national coverage. Some of them were true believes, some of them were people who were off in the head to begin with and picked up on a particular ideology, but both kinds kill.

If some of those guys who like to travel from the US to Somalia or Syria to join up with the ISIS types instead decide to stay here and self-organize, we will see a pretty bloody mess, I think. And it doesn't have to be a mall, it can be any place where a number of people gather, school, sports event, concert, and so on. One of the clever parts of the al Qaeda doctrine (or whatever you call it) is to encourage independent actions by fellow travelers and sympathizers throughout the world.
USAF 1982-2005

Running Arrow Bill

Post by Running Arrow Bill »

VERY simple! Keep away from Malls... :patriot:
Running Arrow Farm, LLC
Wellington, TX. 79095
longhorncattle2013@gmail.ocom
Registered Texas Longhorn Cattle

tbrown

Post by tbrown »

Running Arrow Bill wrote:VERY simple! Keep away from Malls... :patriot:
More importantly, don't go to professional or school sports. After all, it's legal to carry in most malls, and there's usually decent concealment (if not cover) and a variety of escape routes. Sporting events, on the other hand, are full of disarmed sheep herded into enclosures for easy slaughter. :biggrinjester:
sent to you from my safe space in the hill country

Return to “Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues”