I want utilitarian.

Less is more.

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 3

Re: In anticipation...

Post by The Annoyed Man »

rentz wrote:
The Annoyed Man wrote:http://hoppcustomleather.com/

In Missouri, not Texas, but you couldn't find a nicer guy making holsters than Eric Hopp. I've purchased two from him so far, and I'm about to place an order for a third.
6-8month lead-time, thats one heck of a wait
More like 3-4 months for me.....as a repeat preferred customer, but yeah, it's a long time. Well worth the wait though, if you have the time.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

The Wall
Posts in topic: 1

Post by The Wall »

I got one of these guys holsters and it's excellent. http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/gun-leather.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

WildBill
Posts in topic: 2

Post by WildBill »

Abraham wrote:To each his own.

I want utilitarian.

Less is more.
:iagree: I will be happy to use my Kramer MSP OWB holster and my Beltman Bullhide belt.

Now I just wish it had a silver Lone Star Concho! ;-)
NRA Endowment Member

TXCO

Post by TXCO »

Another for DM Bullard.
TSRA Life member
NRA Life member
CPO-Retired

comp73

Post by comp73 »

AndyC wrote:I'm planning on an R Grizzle "Working Man" at some point
+1 for R Grizzle. I have 2 belts and the City Slicker made by him.
One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them. -Thomas Jefferson

The Annoyed Man

Post by The Annoyed Man »

I want utilitarian.

Less is more.
For you, I get that. And, no criticism implied, as I recall you carry a Glock, which is about as utilitarian as a pistol gets. Having read a lot of your posts, am I correct in assuming that you don't own/carry any kind of what might be called a "barbecue gun", like a fancy-dan 1911 or customized Browning Hipower? Maybe you would never buy such a gun. But if you had invested in such a fancy gun, would you still prefer a utilitarian holster, or would you buy one that kind of shows off the beauty of the gun? There is no wrong answer. I'm just trying to get a sense of where you're coming from.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

Topic author
stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

The Annoyed Man wrote:

I want utilitarian.

Less is more.
For you, I get that. And, no criticism implied, as I recall you carry a Glock, which is about as utilitarian as a pistol gets. Having read a lot of your posts, am I correct in assuming that you don't own/carry any kind of what might be called a "barbecue gun", like a fancy-dan 1911 or customized Browning Hipower? Maybe you would never buy such a gun. But if you had invested in such a fancy gun, would you still prefer a utilitarian holster, or would you buy one that kind of shows off the beauty of the gun? There is no wrong answer. I'm just trying to get a sense of where you're coming from.
I believe this, as of today, and when the Governor signs the bill into law the rage will be slightly to the "show off" part of the spectrum...And that's ok...Some will be subtle about it as well...Plain jane holsters with your best "stuff" tucked away...

All in all I believe the notoriety will wear off as the state gets used to the idea...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Return to “General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion”