Houston south quadrant breakfast

Topics that do not fit anywhere else. Absolutely NO discussions of religion, race, or immigration!

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Post Reply
User avatar

Syntyr
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 1415
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#61

Post by Syntyr » Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:57 pm

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Lord willing, I'll be there.

Chas.
Cool. Do we all wear name tags with our screen name or should we just flash our CHL Badge? :smilelol5: :lol:: "rlol"
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Remo Williams
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

User avatar

Topic author
LDB415
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 162
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#62

Post by LDB415 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:10 pm

I could use name tags. It takes my sieve several times before names stick. It's a challenge and I hate it but it is what it is.
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

User avatar

FL450
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 83
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 am
Location: Pearland, Texas

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#63

Post by FL450 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:22 pm

I will be there if Wife unless wife has made other plans for me.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

User avatar

FL450
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 83
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 am
Location: Pearland, Texas

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#64

Post by FL450 » Fri May 01, 2015 8:29 am

I am here
Black button up shirt, shorts and green hat
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.


RHenriksen
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2035
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:59 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#65

Post by RHenriksen » Fri May 01, 2015 9:35 am

LDB415 wrote:I could use name tags. It takes my sieve several times before names stick. It's a challenge and I hate it but it is what it is.
You & me both. When I become King, everyone will be required to have their names tattooed on their foreheads.

(Except me, of course)
I'll quit carrying a gun when they make murder and armed robbery illegal

Houston Technology Consulting
soup-to-nuts IT infrastructure design, deployment, and support for SMBs

User avatar

FL450
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 83
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 am
Location: Pearland, Texas

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#66

Post by FL450 » Fri May 01, 2015 10:59 am

It was a pleasure meeting the Honerble Charles Cotton and thr other forum members that attended.
Now I can put some faces with names, not that I will remember in 24 hours from now.
Hope to make another breakfast soon. Now after a Kelly's breakfast to make room for a Mexican lunch I was told I am taking my wife a d one of my daughters to.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 245
Posts: 6470
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#67

Post by puma guy » Fri May 01, 2015 1:24 pm

FL450 wrote:It was a pleasure meeting the Honerble Charles Cotton and thr other forum members that attended.
Now I can put some faces with names, not that I will remember in 24 hours from now.
Hope to make another breakfast soon. Now after a Kelly's breakfast to make room for a Mexican lunch I was told I am taking my wife a d one of my daughters to.
Enjoyed seeing some new faces. I probably won't remember first names by this evening. :lol: I'm wasn't sure if the name of the motorcycle rider. I forgot to ask if he introduced himself by first name or screen name. Anyway looking forward to the next one.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

User avatar

WildBill
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 101
Posts: 17271
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:53 pm
Location: Houston

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#68

Post by WildBill » Fri May 01, 2015 2:55 pm

puma guy wrote:
FL450 wrote:It was a pleasure meeting the Honerble Charles Cotton and thr other forum members that attended.
Now I can put some faces with names, not that I will remember in 24 hours from now.
Hope to make another breakfast soon. Now after a Kelly's breakfast to make room for a Mexican lunch I was told I am taking my wife a d one of my daughters to.
Enjoyed seeing some new faces. I probably won't remember first names by this evening. :lol: I'm wasn't sure if the name of the motorcycle rider. I forgot to ask if he introduced himself by first name or screen name. Anyway looking forward to the next one.
:iagree: It is always good to meet TexasCHL Forum members in person and to reconnect with members I have previously met.

I look forward to the next breakfast meeting. Thanks again to Leo [LDB415] for coordinating the event. :tiphat:

This time I ordered a smaller breakfast. It was still too much food.

Puma guy - the motorcycle rider wasn't me. I tried that once and it didn't agree with me. :mrgreen:
NRA Endowment Member

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 245
Posts: 6470
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#69

Post by puma guy » Fri May 01, 2015 8:29 pm

WildBill wrote:
puma guy wrote:
FL450 wrote:It was a pleasure meeting the Honerble Charles Cotton and thr other forum members that attended.
Now I can put some faces with names, not that I will remember in 24 hours from now.
Hope to make another breakfast soon. Now after a Kelly's breakfast to make room for a Mexican lunch I was told I am taking my wife a d one of my daughters to.
Enjoyed seeing some new faces. I probably won't remember first names by this evening. :lol: I'm wasn't sure if the name of the motorcycle rider. I forgot to ask if he introduced himself by first name or screen name. Anyway looking forward to the next one.
:iagree: It is always good to meet TexasCHL Forum members in person and to reconnect with members I have previously met.

I look forward to the next breakfast meeting. Thanks again to Leo [LDB415] for coordinating the event. :tiphat:

This time I ordered a smaller breakfast. It was still too much food.

Puma guy - the motorcycle rider wasn't me. I tried that once and it didn't agree with me. :mrgreen:
My thanks also LDB415 for getting this going. Thanks to you Wild Bill for the helpful info.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

User avatar

Topic author
LDB415
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 162
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#70

Post by LDB415 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:04 pm

That was a very good breakfast. We had a good group too. Hopefully it will continue to catch on. It looks like the next one will be June 5. Where does everyone want to go? Kelley's again? A different Kelley's? IHOP again and if so which one? Somewhere else?
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

User avatar

FL450
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 83
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 am
Location: Pearland, Texas

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#71

Post by FL450 » Sat May 02, 2015 5:53 am

LDB415 wrote:That was a very good breakfast. We had a good group too. Hopefully it will continue to catch on. It looks like the next one will be June 5. Where does everyone want to go? Kelley's again? A different Kelley's? IHOP again and if so which one? Somewhere else?
Had not been to Kelly's in years, I thought the Kelly's in Pearland had great service. The IHOP down the street has slow service at best. Of course dont consider me in decision making because my schedule is always up in the air so to speak. June 5th both my daughters are graduating HS so that day is out for me.
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 245
Posts: 6470
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#72

Post by puma guy » Sat May 02, 2015 9:31 am

Besides being locally owned versus a chain operated eatery some of you may be interested to know that Kelley's was founded by retired Houston Police Officer, Jim Kelley. He opened his first restaurant in Lang's Pharmacy at Park Place and Gulf Freeway when he took over the restaurant that was there. It was Rocky Brook's before that and though very good it improved under Jim and the menu was greatly expanded . That was what he called his No. 1 place; interestingly Jim Kelley wore HPD badge No 1 before he retired. I ate the before and after Kelley's took over. I sort of lean toward Kelley's as a meeting place; besides good food there's a sort of connection to what we are all about.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

User avatar

FL450
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 83
Posts: 784
Joined: Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:48 am
Location: Pearland, Texas

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#73

Post by FL450 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:49 am

Thank You for the history lesson Puma Guy, I learned somthing new
I love the sound smell of jet fuel in the morning.
Fat thumbs + IPhone = errors, please forgive.

User avatar

Topic author
LDB415
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 162
Posts: 1272
Joined: Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:01 am
Location: Houston south suburb

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#74

Post by LDB415 » Sat May 02, 2015 1:06 pm

Kelley's is great as far as I'm concerned. The food is excellent and being in Friendswood both the Pearland and League City locations are pretty convenient. I'm open to any suggestions though. I'm just the trouble maker that was the instigator for this. :mrgreen:
It's fine if you disagree. I can't force you to be correct.
NRA Life Member, TSRA Life Member, GSSF Member
A pistol without a round chambered is an expensive paper weight.

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 245
Posts: 6470
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: Houston south quadrant breakfast

#75

Post by puma guy » Sun May 03, 2015 1:36 pm

LDB415 wrote:Kelley's is great as far as I'm concerned. The food is excellent and being in Friendswood both the Pearland and League City locations are pretty convenient. I'm open to any suggestions though. I'm just the trouble maker that was the instigator for this. :mrgreen:
Thank you for that! :thumbs2:
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Post Reply

Return to “Off-Topic”