Church shooting Charleston SC

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

LSUTiger
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Church shooting Charleston SC

Post by LSUTiger »

mr1337 wrote:
RonW956 wrote:I'm watching CNN right now about the shooting and listening to the reporter interviewing SC Senator Marlon Kimpson (D) asking about if the deacon should be allowed to carry and the Sen. response was "no, a church is about love & forgiveness". Furthermore he stated he would like to see more stricter gun laws. This guy lives in a dream world. "Strict gun laws" would have no impact whatsover on sick insane people such as this guy. What is it that these people dont get????? gun free zones dont Eff'in work people....
Some people just can't figure it out.

:iagree: Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
Chance favors the prepared. Making good people helpless doesn't make bad people harmless.
There is no safety in denial. When seconds count the Police are only minutes away.
Sometimes I really wish a lawyer would chime in and clear things up. Do we have any lawyers on this forum?

mojo84
Posts in topic: 7

Post by mojo84 »

President is already using this to push his agenda for gun control. Speaking now.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

TVGuy
Posts in topic: 4

Post by TVGuy »

mojo84 wrote:President is already using this to push his agenda for gun control. Speaking now.
Saw it too. :banghead:

Topic author
rtschl
Posts in topic: 2

Post by rtschl »

Rahm's rule: "Never let a crisis go to waste". :banghead:

And POTUS didn't waste any time injecting gun control politics into it. :nono:
Ron
NRA Member

VMI77
Posts in topic: 13

Post by VMI77 »

Please, those of you with strong enough stomachs to listen to the treasonous anti-American oligarch puppet in the White House...what did he say about guns?
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

philip964
Posts in topic: 19

Post by philip964 »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tured.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Most information so far. Wearing former white separatist country flags on his jacket.
Received .45 cal gun for birthday.

VMI77
Posts in topic: 13

Post by VMI77 »

philip964 wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... tured.html

Most information so far. Wearing former white separatist country flags on his jacket.
Received .45 cal gun for birthday.
Supposedly reloaded 5 times. Probably with standard 45 mags. Guess 7 and 8 round mags are "high capacity" now.
"Journalism, n. A job for people who flunked out of STEM courses, enjoy making up stories, and have no detectable integrity or morals."

From the WeaponsMan blog, weaponsman.com

viking1000

Post by viking1000 »

All the more reason for CHL across the Nation.

I don't listen to the little dictator in the White House......
I always say would you allow this guy to rake the leaves in your yard ?

Jim Beaux
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Jim Beaux »

Per Allen West (Written by Michele Hickford, Editor-in-Chief )
According to a 2013 Pew Research study, 37 percent of households had an adult who owned a gun — 24 percent said they owned a gun, and 13 percent said someone else in their household did.

There are about 319 million people in the United States, so that means there are about 118 milion gun owners in this nation. Mother Jones reports there have been 69 mass shootings in the last 30 years. The Washington Post says, A Congressional Research Service report published in 2013 counted 78 incidents over roughly the same period, in which 547 were killed.

That means, out of 118 million gun owners, 78 or .00007 percent of the gun owning population are potential mass murderers (using a 30-year total).
http://allenbwest.com/2015/06/heres-wha ... shootings/
“In the world of lies, truth-telling is a hanging offense"
~Unknown

philip964
Posts in topic: 19

Post by philip964 »

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/south-carol ... m-roof-21/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When arrested before the shooting he had in his possession suboxone a drug to help you get off opiates.

Apparently all the recent mass shootings have involved people on prescription or withdrawal from drugs. The types of drugs have been withheld as the government was afraid releasing the names would cause people to stop taking their medications.

blackdog8200

Post by blackdog8200 »

Antidepressants use or discontinuance are a common thread in every one of these "mass" shootings.

My prayers for the families and victims. Evil is alive and well it seems.
Harris County
NRA Life Member 1986

tomtexan

Post by tomtexan »

You can thank Shannon Watts for this.

She is relentless.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/nra-boa ... -churches/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.
NRA Life Member

oljames3

Post by oljames3 »

tomtexan wrote:You can thank Shannon Watts for this.

She is relentless.

http://www.rawstory.com/2015/06/nra-boa ... -churches/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I thought about posting a response, so I read the comments. I see no way to have a rational discussion with the posters. Proverbs 26:4

I've not been exposed to such foul language since I retired from the Army. My soldiers were much better behaved.

Still, I do not regret that I spent my life defending their right to express themselves.
O. Lee James, III Captain, US Army (Retired 2012), Honorable Order of St. Barbara
2/19FA, 1st Cavalry Division 73-78; 56FA BDE (Pershing) 78-81
NRA, NRA Basic Pistol Shooting Instructor, Rangemaster Certified, GOA, TSRA, NAR L1

baldeagle
Posts in topic: 11

Post by baldeagle »

She is relentless.

Look at the bright side. Charles is reaching an audience that would never visit this forum or consider his positions in other venues. While many will be offended, because they don't think, some will consider his words and possibly even change their minds.

The only thing we have to do is ensure that they don't misrepresent what he says. Meanwhile, logic is winning the argument over emotion, and the left is getting more and more frustrated.
The Constitution preserves the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation where the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. James Madison
NRA Life Member Texas Firearms Coalition member

Syntyr

Post by Syntyr »

She is relentless.

Wow. Those people are just sick. The language and what they say. I try to have a rational discussion but they are in full on meltdown mode. Feel like I need to take a shower... (SHUDDER)
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Buckaroo Banzai
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

Return to “The Crime Blotter”