Did you catch HB 446?
Apparently Gov Abbott signed it this last week, takes effect Sep 1st.
It was initially reported as removing “illegal weapons” such as blackjacks, clubs, and knuckles from the list of illegal weapons, but I’m not sure what the final language ended up being.
Search found 2 matches
Search found 2 matches • Page 1 of 1
- Wed May 29, 2019 1:07 pm
- Forum: 2019 Texas Legislative Session
- Topic: 2019 Firearms Related Bills That Made it to Governor Abbott
- Replies: 21
- Views: 3256
- Wed May 29, 2019 12:52 pm
- Forum: General Texas CHL Discussion
- Topic: Collapsible Baton-Legal to Carry in Texas
- Replies: 94
- Views: 51862
I think the limit is 8 oz. Anything that size or smaller is considered a weapon. Reread the section. The definition of an (illegal) ‘Chemical Dispensing Device’ does NOT include any small (read: personal use) device sold commercially for personal protection. This would not include ANY size of ‘self...