If I were to wish for law changes for Christmas, I would wish for:
* Remove most unnecessary arbitrary restrictions. Racetracks, sporting events, amusement parks.... Remove enhanced penalties for certain areas posted 30.06/30.07 - Everything should be a Class C.
* Just to reiterate, REMOVE the arbitrary restrictions from 46.03/46.035! That way we don't have the crud that's happening with the Dallas Zoo, where it's owned by a governmental entity but can still post 30.06/30.07 because it's an "amusement park" which is listed under 46.035 (https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/fi ... as_Zoo.pdf). This makes me angry if you can't tell.
* Add legal penalties for posting a 30.06/30.07 sign on a business that you do not have authority to post signage for.
* Remove 51% restrictions. It is already illegal to be intoxicated and carrying, there's no need to have an additional invisible barrier if you plan on being at a sports bar to watch the game with buddies but not drink. There's nothing wrong with that.
* Require AG to issue signage rulings within a certain time frame. (I saw 60 days being floated around? That sounds good to me)
* Add individual legal ramifications for a government official posting signage that has been ruled against by the AG. If you require the wasting of government resources in order to make you/your office follow the law, the state should be able to recover those costs from the official responsible.
* Add liability for businesses that post 30.06/30.07 signage. If a patron that has an LTC on your property is robbed/injured and you had 30.06/30.07 signage up, you are responsible for their damages. I know that this is going to be very problematic to get passed, and language may need to be softened or made more generic, but hey this is a wish list right?
Search found 1 match
Search found 1 match • Page 1 of 1
- ↳ Site Announcements, Questions & Suggestions
- ↳ Test Area
- ↳ Technical Tips, Questions & Discussions (Computers & Internet)
- Resources & Links
- ↳ CHL Checklist
- ↳ Government resources & CHL-related links
- ↳ DPS Updates
- National Rifle Association, Texas Firearms Coalition & Good Guys United
- ↳ National Rifle Association
- ↳ Texas Firearms Coalition
- ↳ Good Guys United
- ↳ General Gun, Shooting & Equipment Discussion
- ↳ General Texas CHL Discussion
- ↳ Gun and/or Self-Defense Related Political Issues
- ↳ Rifles & Shotguns
- ↳ New to CHL?
- ↳ The "Waiting Room"
- ↳ Other States
- ↳ Shooting Ranges
- ↳ Reloading Forum
- ↳ Never Again!!
- ↳ Competitive Shooting
- ↳ Hunting Photos
- ↳ Books & Videos
- ↳ Off-Topic
- ↳ Ladies
- ↳ Anti-gun propaganda and other lies!
- ↳ Holsters & Accessories
- ↳ LEO Contacts & Bloopers
- ↳ "How To" Tips
- ↳ Job Board
- ↳ Camp's Corner
- ↳ Prayer Requests & Updates
- ↳ The Crime Blotter
- ↳ Self-Defense Reports
- Instructors , Classes and Training
- ↳ LTC Class Schedules & Locations
- ↳ Basic & Advanced Training (Non-LTC)
- ↳ Past Classes
- ↳ Instructors' Corner
- ↳ General
- Market: Buy, Sell, Trade - Please check the minimum posting requirements in Forum Rule 13
- ↳ Holsters, Accessories, Reloading Equipment & Supplies
- ↳ Firearms
- ↳ FFL Holders
- ↳ Closed Items
- ↳ Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal
- ↳ Non-Firearm related items
- Community Service Announcements
- ↳ General Announcements
- ↳ Animal Rescue
- ↳ Prior Year TexasCHLforum Days
- ↳ 2012 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2010 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2009 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ TexasCHLforum Day at PSC 2008
- ↳ Feedback - 2007 TexasCHLforum Day at PSC
- ↳ 2007 TexasCHLforum Day
- ↳ General Legislative Discussions
- ↳ 2019 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ Governor's Abbott's "School and Firearm Safety Action Plan"
- ↳ Crimes on Campus
- ↳ Prior Session: 2005 - 2017
- ↳ 2015 Legislative Session
- ↳ 2013 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2013 Calls-To-Action
- ↳ 2011 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2009 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2007 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2005 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ Goals for 2007
- ↳ Concealed Carry on College Campuses
- ↳ 2017 Texas Legislative Session
- ↳ 2017 Legislative Wish List
- ↳ Federal
- ↳ Prior Year Elections
- ↳ 2012 Texas & Federal Elections
- ↳ Texas - 2008
- ↳ Federal - 2008
- ↳ 2014 Elections