TX:The mean streets of Houston

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 358
Posts: 13065
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#571

Post by philip964 » Fri Oct 23, 2020 12:22 pm

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime ... d8cfa9d9ed

Man found shot to death at Children's Museum this morning.

Note to self: Do not hang around the 2nd floor of the Children's Museum parking garage late at night when it is not open.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 358
Posts: 13065
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#572

Post by philip964 » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:12 am

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... into-home/

Home invasion in East Houston. Check out the firepower.


BigGuy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 802
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:36 am
Contact:

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#573

Post by BigGuy » Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:49 am

philip964 wrote:
Sat Oct 24, 2020 11:12 am
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... into-home/

Home invasion in East Houston. Check out the firepower.
Lot-a questions on this story. So many things don't add up. One suspect was inside while boyfriend was holding the door? Suspect attempted to shoot the woman without making demands? Gun didn't go off?
They said robbery, but it sounded to me more like an assassination attempt.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 358
Posts: 13065
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#574

Post by philip964 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:29 pm


User avatar

03Lightningrocks
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 49
Posts: 9756
Joined: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:15 pm
Location: DFW area

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#575

Post by 03Lightningrocks » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:42 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:29 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... olice-say/

Two shot dead in West Houston
That reads like a possible gang style hit. I suppose it could be random but it sure does not look random.

By the way. Whats the murder count in Houston now? You quit updating it.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 358
Posts: 13065
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#576

Post by philip964 » Sat Oct 31, 2020 12:16 am

03Lightningrocks wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:42 pm
philip964 wrote:
Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:29 pm
https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... olice-say/

Two shot dead in West Houston
That reads like a possible gang style hit. I suppose it could be random but it sure does not look random.

By the way. Whats the murder count in Houston now? You quit updating it.
I lost count when we started hitting 3 a day. Plus when I had 120 or so the police Chief was in the 300’s just for Houston.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 358
Posts: 13065
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#577

Post by philip964 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:45 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... es-monday/

6 people killed in a string of homicides in Houston.

One of the six included a Houston Police officer murdered in shootout.

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... -shooting/

User avatar

Rafe
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Htown

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#578

Post by Rafe » Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:12 pm

Suspect accused of shooting HPD sergeant to death arrested
https://abc13.com/suspect-accused-of-sh ... d/7837806/
According to court records obtained by Eyewitness News, [Robert] Soliz, 24, was out on bond for unlawfully carrying a weapon in a motor vehicle on Feb. 15 when he was arrested.

He was given a $100 bail for that charge. In 2017, Soliz was accused of threatening his girlfriend at the time with murder.

[Sergeant Sean] Rios was killed Monday afternoon in the 7900 block of the North Freeway after police say he engaged Soliz in a gun battle. After being shot, Rios ran into the Taj Inn & Suites motel looking for help and collapsed. He was declared dead at the scene.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar

User avatar

Syntyr
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 1440
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:54 pm
Location: Houston
Contact:

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#579

Post by Syntyr » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:35 pm

Rafe wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 6:12 pm
Suspect accused of shooting HPD sergeant to death arrested
https://abc13.com/suspect-accused-of-sh ... d/7837806/
According to court records obtained by Eyewitness News, [Robert] Soliz, 24, was out on bond for unlawfully carrying a weapon in a motor vehicle on Feb. 15 when he was arrested.

He was given a $100 bail for that charge. In 2017, Soliz was accused of threatening his girlfriend at the time with murder.

[Sergeant Sean] Rios was killed Monday afternoon in the 7900 block of the North Freeway after police say he engaged Soliz in a gun battle. After being shot, Rios ran into the Taj Inn & Suites motel looking for help and collapsed. He was declared dead at the scene.
We make em mean here in Houston...
Syntyr
"Wherever you go... There you are." - Remo Williams
"Inconceivable!" - Fizzinni

User avatar

Rafe
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 19
Posts: 655
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:43 pm
Location: Htown

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#580

Post by Rafe » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:52 pm

Syntyr wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:35 pm
We make em mean here in Houston...
And, from Acevedo's press conference this evening, evidently Soliz isn't the only suspect. HPD is actively searching for a second felon...who I assume Soliz gave up once he was in custody.
“Be ready; now is the beginning of happenings.”
― Robert E. Howard, Swords of Shahrazar


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 358
Posts: 13065
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#581

Post by philip964 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Out on bond naturally, lengthy criminal record, face and neck tattoos.

Most of the Democratic judges in Houston were re-elected.


striker55
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 17
Posts: 900
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:27 am
Location: Katy, TX

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#582

Post by striker55 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:35 am

philip964 wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 2:06 pm
Out on bond naturally, lengthy criminal record, face and neck tattoos.

Most of the Democratic judges in Houston were re-elected.
I noticed on the Harris County ballot some democrat judges ran unopposed. Didn't vote for them.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 358
Posts: 13065
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#583

Post by philip964 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:08 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... ston-home/

Two killed, three wounded in a home in West Houston near Briarforest in the middle of the afternoon. Three of the victims were women.

Just your average suburban weekday afternoon in Houston.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 358
Posts: 13065
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#584

Post by philip964 » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:32 am

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... olice-say/

14yo shot and killed then run over. Near 290 and Tidwell. Backpack stolen. Shooter is a man with dark glasses at night and a black hoodie.

Remember the big hoodie protest with Trayvon Martin a few years back. People were stereotyping wearing a hoodie with crime.


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 358
Posts: 13065
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX:The mean streets of Houston

#585

Post by philip964 » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:29 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/inve ... ifth-ward/

Another killer in a hoodie. Killer back shot a man he was trying trying to rob.

Quannel X after him. No place to hide.

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”