SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

philip964
Posts in topic: 13

Re: SHOOTING Allen Outlet Mall Multiple Victims

Post by philip964 »

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crime/2 ... ids-alike/

I was told it was a Tango Blast tattoo. A gang tattoo.

To me that would rule out security guard.

Hispanic is white. So he was another young white man who lived at home with his parents. In other words it’s the guns. Follow the money like was done in Uvalde.

“Sources told WFAA that Garcia had been in the U.S. Army in 2008 but was removed due to mental health concerns.”

Ok, did it make it to the FBI.

Really sucks for those families. It like people are being paid or groomed to change or remove the second amendment.

03Lightningrocks
Posts in topic: 16

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

I said it earlier in this thread and I will say it again. This guy stopped his car, hopped out with a rifle and immediately started shooting. We are talking seconds here in a very unexpected scenario. Had any of us been standing close enough to be effective with our hand guns, our chances of getting shot were far greater than our chances of stopping this guy. First your mind has to process a very crazy situation. Then you have to process draw, aim and fire. All while still stunned by what is occuring. I am sure I would have tried but am not delusional enough to think the odds are in my favor. There are situations, such as in the church shooting, that was ended by a miraculous head shot, where innocent people are going to die. No matter what we do and no matter how successful we are at doing it. This is definitely one of those situations.

Thank God for the Police Officer who ended this situation before more innocent life was lost. that officer is a true hero. I am very anxious to find out exactly how he approached and was able to end this with that head shot.

It is disgusting that the leftist inspired press is promoting the absolutely ludicrous claims of this guy being a Mexican white supremist!
Last edited by 03Lightningrocks on Mon May 08, 2023 12:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 11

Post by carlson1 »

Evil will wax worse and worse.

03Lightningrocks

carlson1 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:38 am Evil will wax worse and worse.
I agree with you. It is not easing up at all. We are dealing with a generation raised on Adderall and god only knows what other forms of drug therapy to keep them compliant in school. It is horrible that I have to constantly keep my head on a swivel, make sure I sit in advantageous seats when eating out with my family and watch every move from every vehicle and person within my sight radius while out in public.

By the way. I am retired and started doing food delivery a few months ago to get some much needed exercise, stay busy and make a few extra bucks for spending money. I picked up an order from that Fat Burger about an hour before this occurred. It is constantly going through my mind.

Topic author
carlson1
Posts in topic: 11

Post by carlson1 »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:44 am
carlson1 wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:38 am Evil will wax worse and worse.
I agree with you. It is not easing up at all. We are dealing with a generation raised on Adderall and god only knows what other forms of drug therapy to keep them compliant in school. It is horrible that I have to constantly keep my head on a swivel, make sure I sit in advantageous seats when eating out with my family and watch every move from every vehicle and person within my sight radius while out in public.

By the way. I am retired and started doing food delivery a few months ago to get some much needed exercise, stay busy and make a few extra bucks for spending money. I picked up an order from that Fat Burger about an hour before this occurred. It is constantly going through my mind.
We have a pretty good set up at our church as far security is concerned. We do not have a large church. We run a little over 100 so I know most folks pretty well. However the truth is I am more concerned now more than ever before.

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Excaliber »

03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:32 am I said it earlier in this thread and I will say it again. This guy stopped his car, hopped out with a rifle and immediately started shooting. We are talking seconds here in a very unexpected scenario. Had any of us been standing close enough to be effective with our hand guns, our chances of getting shot were far greater than our chances of stopping this guy. First your mind has to process a very crazy situation. Then you have to process draw, aim and fire. All while still stunned by what is occuring. I am sure I would have tried but am not delusional enough to think the odds are in my favor. There are situations, such as in the church shooting, that was ended by a miraculous head shot, where innocent people are going to die. No matter what we do and no matter how successful we are at doing it. This is definitely one of those situations.

Thank God for the Police Officer who ended this situation before more innocent life was lost. that officer is a true hero. I am very anxious to find out exactly how he approached and was able to end this with that head shot.

It is disgusting that the leftist inspired press is promoting the absolutely ludicrous claims of this guy being a Mexican white supremist!
In a situation like this, position is everything.

An LTC a few feet away and in front of the shooter has really bad odds.

On the other hand, shooters don't have 360 degree awareness. Someone behind, to the side, or at a diagonal just out of his peripheral vision would have had an excellent opportunity to stop a madman. Even better, anyone with a vehicle who drove down the parking lane his car was in could have taken him out with finality and relatively little risk.

These are the kinds of things best thought out and filed away ahead of time so the plan will be there when you need it.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Paladin
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Paladin »

Warning! GRAPHIC

FWIW, Infowars is reporting that their is a terror campaign underway: EXCLUSIVE: Mexican Drug Cartels To Launch Terror Attacks Inside U.S., Warns Federal Intel

Warning! GRAPHIC

Target locations are Malls, Grocery stores, and migrant centers. The cartels are targeting both the 2nd Amendment and migrants who didn't pay the cartel "fees" to cross the border.
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member
LTC/SSC Instructor, NRA Certified Instructor, CRSO
The last hope of human liberty in this world rests on us. -Thomas Jefferson

03Lightningrocks

Excaliber wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 7:17 am
03Lightningrocks wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 12:32 am I said it earlier in this thread and I will say it again. This guy stopped his car, hopped out with a rifle and immediately started shooting. We are talking seconds here in a very unexpected scenario. Had any of us been standing close enough to be effective with our hand guns, our chances of getting shot were far greater than our chances of stopping this guy. First your mind has to process a very crazy situation. Then you have to process draw, aim and fire. All while still stunned by what is occuring. I am sure I would have tried but am not delusional enough to think the odds are in my favor. There are situations, such as in the church shooting, that was ended by a miraculous head shot, where innocent people are going to die. No matter what we do and no matter how successful we are at doing it. This is definitely one of those situations.

In a situation like this, position is everything.

An LTC a few feet away and in front of the shooter has really bad odds.

On the other hand, shooters don't have 360 degree awareness. Someone behind, to the side, or at a diagonal just out of his peripheral vision would have had an excellent opportunity to stop a madman. Even better, anyone with a vehicle who drove down the parking lane his car was in could have taken him out with finality and relatively little risk.

These are the kinds of things best thought out and filed away ahead of time so the plan will be there when you need it.
Excellent points. I have often thought about these very situations. I have wondered if my mind would first think it was an undercover cop until I saw him unloading on people. Would that split second hesitation cause my demise? I know there is nothing in my heart and sole to prevent me from trying to stop a gunman from killing people.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 4

Post by RoyGBiv »

Before I consider any options for shooting the bad guy, I'm looking for ways to run him down with my 2-ton car.

It looked to me that the dash cam video showing him exiting his vehicle and starting to shoot was from a rear-facing camera (no hood visible in the images)... It's likely that driver didn't see anything and only heard the shooting behind them.... Too bad... they were close enough to do something if they were pointed in the right direction to see it unfold.
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

philip964

Post by philip964 »

https://www.businessinsider.com/army-of ... rol-2023-5

Don’t read will just make you madder.

Guns fault says a gun lover former Army and police officer.

More from this guy.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... s-ban.html

Calls for automatic weapon ban.

DocV
Posts in topic: 1

Post by DocV »

powerboatr wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:37 pm on the other site i read,
some were asking why or if the LTCS nearby did not run in to protect the others???

Why would a LTC go to a mall known to be posted?

03Lightningrocks

DocV wrote: Mon May 08, 2023 9:03 am
powerboatr wrote: Sun May 07, 2023 3:37 pm on the other site i read,
some were asking why or if the LTCS nearby did not run in to protect the others???

Why would a LTC go to a mall known to be posted?
That "mall" is not posted. It is not an inside mall. It is a huge parking lot surrounded in outlet stores. I have been to that place more times than I can count over the years and honestly don't remember any anti carry signs.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

WARNING GRAPHIC:

FBI Spreads Fake Pictures Online?

WARNING GRAPHIC
JOIN NRA TODAY!, NRA Benefactor Life, TSRA Defender Life, Gun Owners of America Life, SAF, FPC, VCDL Member

philip964

Post by philip964 »

Radio news this morning says “ white Supremacist”
Mentioned mental problems.

No mention of Brownsville terror mass murder.

It now has 8 deaths as well.

Murderer used a Range Rover. So a foreign made assault weapon SUV.

Paladin

Post by Paladin »

Gunman had received firearms training as guard

Garcia had worked for at least three security companies and had undergone hours of firearms proficiency training in recent years, according to a database maintained by the Texas Department of Public Safety.

None of the companies immediately responded to requests for comment.

The gunman was approved to work as a security guard in Texas from April 2016 until April 2020, when his license expired, according to his profile in the Texas Online Private Security database.

As part of his work, Garcia received Level II and Level III security training. The former covers security laws in Texas; the latter, which is required for all commissioned security officers and personal protection officers in Texas, includes firearm training and the demonstration of firearm proficiency, according to Jonah Nathan, vice president of Ranger Guard, a security guard service in Texas not affiliated with Garcia’s employers.

Garcia completed a separate firearms proficiency training course in 2018 which requires six hours of continuing education, according to the database.
https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/08/us/allen ... index.html

Return to “The Crime Blotter”