El Paso: Shooting inside restaurant

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

ELB
Posts in topic: 3

Re: El Paso: Shooting inside restaurant

Post by ELB »

Any one hear anything further on this? I get nothing (new) when searching online...
USAF 1982-2005

Topic author
seamusTX
Posts in topic: 7

Post by seamusTX »

Nope. Either the police are still investigating or they already handed over their reports to the DA's office.

- Jim

Monker10
Posts in topic: 2

Post by Monker10 »

In Karders post it states that the off duty fireman came over to give first aid and secured the firearm. If a police officer came on the scene I am sure he would secure the weapon as well. I am sure the fireman was well intentioned But did he have any authority in doing this? I would be very skeptical of anyone that claims to be an authority that is in plain clothes.

If one is in this situation it's best to remain as calm as humanly possible given the stressful situation,do not flee the scene, tell the store owner or manager that you have a chl so that they can relay that info to emergency personal. That way when the police arrive they can be informed and hopefully view you as less of a threat.

I

Excaliber
Posts in topic: 3

Post by Excaliber »

Monker10 wrote:In Karders post it states that the off duty fireman came over to give first aid and secured the firearm. If a police officer came on the scene I am sure he would secure the weapon as well. I am sure the fireman was well intentioned But did he have any authority in doing this? I would be very skeptical of anyone that claims to be an authority that is in plain clothes.

If one is in this situation it's best to remain as calm as humanly possible given the stressful situation,do not flee the scene, tell the store owner or manager that you have a chl so that they can relay that info to emergency personal. That way when the police arrive they can be informed and hopefully view you as less of a threat.

I
As stated above, no.

He also introduced an unnecessary complication into the chain of custody for the firearms evidence.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”