TX: Houston man shoots burglars in day time while buying gas - was it a legal shoot.

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
philip964
Posts in topic: 3

TX: Houston man shoots burglars in day time while buying gas - was it a legal shoot.

Post by philip964 »

https://www.click2houston.com/news/loca ... riff-says/

Had just paid for gas, leaving building when he saw the broken window.

Had just come from range. Worried they would access his gun bag. Two suspects wounded.

How about if it was in Austin?

howdy
Posts in topic: 1

Re: TX: Houston man shoots burglars in day time while buying gas - was it a legal shoot.

Post by howdy »

This is a good example of not talking to the Police until you have a Lawyer. The Lawyer could explain to him the law and he could fashion his story around that.
Texas LTC Instructor
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Life Patron Member TSRA Member
USMC 1972-1979

Topic author
philip964

Re: TX: Houston man shoots burglars in day time while buying gas - was it a legal shoot.

Post by philip964 »

howdy wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:06 pm This is a good example of not talking to the Police until you have a Lawyer. The Lawyer could explain to him the law and he could fashion his story around that.
The wife saw this on the TV news and she said they had bagged his hands.

The TV news was very pro shooting bad guys and stopping out of control crime in Houston.

Excaliber

Post by Excaliber »

philip964 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:44 pm
howdy wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:06 pm This is a good example of not talking to the Police until you have a Lawyer. The Lawyer could explain to him the law and he could fashion his story around that.

The TV news was very pro shooting bad guys and stopping out of control crime in Houston.
I don't get the bagged hands. He said he shot, the store's video will show he shot. The GSR test will just show the same thing about a point that is not in contention.
Excaliber

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." - Jeff Cooper
I am not a lawyer. Nothing in any of my posts should be construed as legal or professional advice.

Mike S

Post by Mike S »

Excaliber wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:58 am

I don't get the bagged hands. He said he shot, the store's video will show he shot. The GSR test will just show the same thing about a point that is not in contention.
GSW kit = Physical evidence. Remember, all elements of a crime must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt if it goes to trial. ((Note, I'm not weighing in saying this was justified use of force or not; merely saying that both the defense & prosecution can discreet or get evidence excluded, so it wouldn't be prudent to not conduct a proper collection / processing of the scene)).

03Lightningrocks

Post by 03Lightningrocks »

Mike S wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:11 am
Excaliber wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 7:58 am

GSW kit = Physical evidence. Remember, all elements of a crime must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt if it goes to trial. ((Note, I'm not weighing in saying this was justified use of force or not; merely saying that both the defense & prosecution can discreet or get evidence excluded, so it wouldn't be prudent to not conduct a proper collection / processing of the scene)).
I was thinking the same thing. They almost have to do every turn properly or face a backlash in court under some technicality they failed to cover. I don't feel they should bring any charges on him but I am no lawyer and the people running the government in Houston are controlled by pro-criminal leftist scum. I am waiting for the criminals momma to tell us all what good boys they are and how they didn't deserve to be shot for stealing.

Topic author
philip964

Post by philip964 »

I asked someone who seemed knowledgeable and they said, if you have no record of violence previously, the DA in Houston will not prosecute shooting to prevent property crime in the day time.

But I wouldn’t count on that statement.

This person also said there were forces trying to get the “ during the nighttime” changed to anytime.

It will be interesting to see if the man is charged. Being we have an election coming up I’m going to say no.

Return to “The Crime Blotter”