Store owner kills three suspects

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: carlson1, Keith B

Topic author
USA1
Posts in topic: 4

Store owner kills three suspects

Post by USA1 »

Police say a store owner shot and killed three suspects during an attempted robbery of his jewelry store.

Police are calling the jewelry store owner a hero. They say in all likelihood, he probably saved his wife's life. They say he shot and killed three armed robbers after they tried to steal from him.

Video here --> http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?secti ... id=7848006" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by USA1 on Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:31 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Glock Armorer - S&W M&P Armorer

texanron
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Store owner kills three suspects

Post by texanron »

You beat me to the post by seconds!
12/17/2010 CHL
5/21/2012 non-resident CHL

Topic author
USA1

Post by USA1 »

texanron wrote:You beat me to the post by seconds!
Better luck next time. ;-)

Oldgringo

Post by Oldgringo »

That purple font makes my eyes hurt and my nose bleed. This was in Houston?

Topic author
USA1

Post by USA1 »

Oldgringo wrote:This was in Houston?
Affirmative.

Sorry about the purple font. ;-)

C-dub

Post by C-dub »

Way to go Mr. Castillo! :cheers2: I hope he has a full and speedy recovery.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.
NRA Patriot-Endowment Lifetime Member---------------------------------------------Si vis pacem, para bellum.................................................Patriot Guard Rider

hirundo82
Posts in topic: 2

Post by hirundo82 »

USA1 wrote:Affirmative.

Sorry about the purple font.
You may want to edit the post to remove most of the story--just provide a summary and link. Copying the whole story is probably more than what is allowed by fair use.

Texas Dan Mosby

Post by Texas Dan Mosby »

I wonder how many crimes these individuals committed prior to their demise, and if they had ever served time before.

I also wonder how many crimes these individuals WOULD have committed in the future had they NOT met their demise.

No answers, however, there IS one thing for certain: Death has a 100% effectiveness rate in the prevention of criminal recidivism....
88 day wait for the state to approve my constitutional right to bear arms...

Topic author
USA1

Post by USA1 »

hirundo82 wrote:
USA1 wrote:Affirmative.

Sorry about the purple font.
You may want to edit the post to remove most of the story--just provide a summary and link. Copying the whole story is probably more than what is allowed by fair use.
Thanks...done. :tiphat:

hirundo82

Post by hirundo82 »

USA1 wrote:Thanks...done. :tiphat:
No problem.

From the story:
The owner was able to grab a handgun that he kept for protection as the suspects were trying to tie him up. That's when he shot and killed one of the suspects. Castillo then grabbed a shotgun and shot and killed the other two suspects, but not before they managed to shoot him in the shoulder and abdomen.
This is an excellent demonstration of the saying "A handgun is what you use to fight your way back to a long gun."

philip964

Post by philip964 »

hirundo82 wrote:
USA1 wrote:Thanks...done. :tiphat:
No problem.

From the story:
The owner was able to grab a handgun that he kept for protection as the suspects were trying to tie him up. That's when he shot and killed one of the suspects. Castillo then grabbed a shotgun and shot and killed the other two suspects, but not before they managed to shoot him in the shoulder and abdomen.
This is an excellent demonstration of the saying "A handgun is what you use to fight your way back to a long gun."
I read that one of the men asked him to put his hands behind his back, so that he could also be tied up. Well thats where he kept his gun. He shot the man whose job it was to tie up the couple, the other two I guess were getting all the jewelry from the cases, and didn't bother to check on their partner, assuming the partner had just shot one of the store owners. He then went and got his shotgun and went into the sales part of the store and "fearing for his life" (I'm quoting a police officer at the scene) killed the other two.

A fourth guy was waiting in a car out side got away but not before the store owner with two bullets in him tried to go after him also.

Mr. Castillo, your a very cool man under fire.

Stupid

Post by Stupid »

He should be getting a medal. Just count how many tax dollars he saved for us and how many innocent people he saved.
Please help the wounded store owner who fought off 3 robbers. He doesn't have medical insurance.
http://www.giveforward.com/ramoncastillo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.click2houston.com/news/26249961/detail.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lonest4r

Post by Lonest4r »

I wonder why so many people are under the false impression that guns are evil? This is just one example of hundreds where a firearm has saved lives. Sure, in a perfect world we would need no weapons, but since there are already devices to kill and destroy out there it is just logical that we prepare ourselves to defend against such devices. Who knows how this story would have turned out had he not been prepared.

Lonest4r
LONEST4R
7/24/10 Class- 8/28/10 Plastic!
Glock 26 in Horsehide Supertuck

CainA

Post by CainA »

Another :thumbs2: for the armed citizen. I am so with Uncle Ted.

-Cain

Gr8_Outdoorsman

Post by Gr8_Outdoorsman »

That's great that the owner and his wife were able to come out of this alive. Judging by how they bound the wife, it seemed like an execution was likely. I wish Mr. Catstillo a speedy recovery....

Reminds me of the jewelry store owner, Lance Thomas, in LA that was robbed on four separate occasions and had to "stop" five different individuals... Poor guy finally had to close shop and work remotely....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkWgp2abM2w
9/4/2010 CHL Class
10/12/2010 Plastic in Hand

Return to “The Crime Blotter”