5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

User avatar

Paladin
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 13
Posts: 2478
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: DFW

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#316

Post by Paladin » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:38 am

philip964 wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2019 7:23 pm
https://abc13.com/72-year-old-with-canc ... e/5152114/

72 year old cancer patient with a feeding tube was unaware his home was raided until he was arrested and spent three days in jail.

https://abc13.com/man-says-gerald-goine ... e/5150459/

Walked by while a drug house was being raided and got arrested.

I guess this is all going to be costing taxpayers plenty.
Wow!

It is common for drug dealers to take over houses of older people who are living in the hospital. Talk about being victimized twice.
NRA Patron Life, TSRA Life, GOA Life Member
Texas State Guard


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 62
Posts: 7788
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#317

Post by philip964 » Mon Mar 04, 2019 4:56 pm

https://abc13.com/harris-co-district-at ... d/5167174/

DA widens the review to another officer’s cases.

Now at 2000.


DynamicDan
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:07 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#318

Post by DynamicDan » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:04 pm

The truth trumps opinions everytime.


EastTexasRancher
Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 187
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:44 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#319

Post by EastTexasRancher » Mon Mar 04, 2019 8:44 pm

I said very early on in this thread that this was going to be a dirty bust.

I do not know how Acevedo is not being fired for this. But, we live in a screwed up world....to many crooked people in positions of power keeping their jobs if they sit on the golden side of the political divide.


MaduroBU
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 422
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:11 am

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#320

Post by MaduroBU » Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:11 pm

"I want people to know there's another side to Gerald Goines," she said. "He is a fine police officer, who would only want to do something that is right."

Lanier says Goines has worked part-time for her husband and their extended family for 25 years. During the final two years of the former mayor's life, Goines helped out the family almost every night.

"The great thing about Gerald is that he didn't bring one job to another job. When he was with us, he focused on us. He didn't talk about anything he was doing, but I know him as a man of great integrity and honor," recalled Elyse Lanier.
Am I alone in wondering what sort of "special work" he did for the former mayor? Work which, per the brief quote, was obviously and completely separate from his duties as a public servant?


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#321

Post by twomillenium » Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:10 pm

I do not understand that more than a month after the illegal raid why no charges have been filed. The fact that the warrant was illegally obtained and resulted in the death of two people should result in at least one person, if not more, should be charged with two counts of murder. I have not heard any ballistic reports. How many of the officers were shot by "friendly fire"?
I do want to state that I am pro-LEO but any crooked LEO should be prosecuted fully with all possible charges and mandatory maximum sentencing, for taking criminal advantage of their position as an LEO.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.

User avatar

Flightmare
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2185
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:00 pm
Location: Plano, TX

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#322

Post by Flightmare » Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:18 pm

twomillenium wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:10 pm
I do not understand that more than a month after the illegal raid why no charges have been filed. The fact that the warrant was illegally obtained and resulted in the death of two people should result in at least one person, if not more, should be charged with two counts of murder. I have not heard any ballistic reports. How many of the officers were shot by "friendly fire"?
I do want to state that I am pro-LEO but any crooked LEO should be prosecuted fully with all possible charges and mandatory maximum sentencing, for taking criminal advantage of their position as an LEO.
2 words: Grand Jury
Deplorable lunatic since 2016


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 62
Posts: 7788
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#323

Post by philip964 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 am

Did anyone ever say in Las Vegas. “We matched every bullet recovered and every bullet came from the guns found in the one hotel room.”

So easy to say.


K.Mooneyham
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 7
Posts: 1819
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:27 pm
Location: Vernon, Texas

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#324

Post by K.Mooneyham » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:09 am

The City of Houston and HPD look like jokes at this point...very sick jokes. :eek6 :mad5


José Shalom
Junior Member
Posts in topic: 2
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:17 am

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#325

Post by José Shalom » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:31 am

twomillenium wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:10 pm
I do not understand that more than a month after the illegal raid why no charges have been filed.
Because nobody who survived did anything that wasn't going on in Houston for years with tacit government approval.


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#326

Post by twomillenium » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:50 pm

Flightmare wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 11:18 pm
twomillenium wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:10 pm
I do not understand that more than a month after the illegal raid why no charges have been filed. The fact that the warrant was illegally obtained and resulted in the death of two people should result in at least one person, if not more, should be charged with two counts of murder. I have not heard any ballistic reports. How many of the officers were shot by "friendly fire"?
I do want to state that I am pro-LEO but any crooked LEO should be prosecuted fully with all possible charges and mandatory maximum sentencing, for taking criminal advantage of their position as an LEO.
2 words: Grand Jury
Grand Jury has nothing to do with the investigation nor the charges until they are brought before the Grand Jury.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#327

Post by twomillenium » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:57 pm

philip964 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 am
Did anyone ever say in Las Vegas. “We matched every bullet recovered and every bullet came from the guns found in the one hotel room.”

So easy to say.
This is about the 5 Officers that participated in the illegal raid in Houston, not Las Vegas (apples and oranges) There is already a thread discussing Las Vegas on the forum. :tiphat:
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 62
Posts: 7788
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#328

Post by philip964 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:37 pm

twomillenium wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:57 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 am
Did anyone ever say in Las Vegas. “We matched every bullet recovered and every bullet came from the guns found in the one hotel room.”

So easy to say.
This is about the 5 Officers that participated in the illegal raid in Houston, not Las Vegas (apples and oranges) There is already a thread discussing Las Vegas on the forum. :tiphat:
Sorry I didn’t post a previous comment about where is the ballistics in the Houston case. We never get ballistic information released. We didn’t get it in Las Vegas we didn’t get it in Columbine. Will we get it here? Don’t you think by now they have matched the bullets with the guns? Or is that just stuff they do on TV? If they have it why not release it? Wanting it to die down? Be old news? Release it on the day Trump is impeached? After the election for mayor?


twomillenium
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 1587
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:42 pm
Location: houston area

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#329

Post by twomillenium » Tue Mar 05, 2019 2:10 pm

philip964 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:37 pm
twomillenium wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:57 pm
philip964 wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:28 am
Did anyone ever say in Las Vegas. “We matched every bullet recovered and every bullet came from the guns found in the one hotel room.”

So easy to say.
This is about the 5 Officers that participated in the illegal raid in Houston, not Las Vegas (apples and oranges) There is already a thread discussing Las Vegas on the forum. :tiphat:
Sorry I didn’t post a previous comment about where is the ballistics in the Houston case. We never get ballistic information released. We didn’t get it in Las Vegas we didn’t get it in Columbine. Will we get it here? Don’t you think by now they have matched the bullets with the guns? Or is that just stuff they do on TV? If they have it why not release it? Wanting it to die down? Be old news? Release it on the day Trump is impeached? After the election for mayor?
Okay, I got you, but illegal police raid is apples and oranges from terroristic attacks. Here there is an articulable question about whether or not some or all the officers were hit by friendly fire.
Texas LTC Instructor, NRA pistol instructor, RSO, NRA Endowment Life , TSRA, Glock enthusiast (tho I have others)
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to add it to a fruit salad.

You will never know another me, this could be good or not so good, but it is still true.


baseballguy2001
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 5
Posts: 222
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:14 pm

Re: 5 Officers Shot In Houston - Pray

#330

Post by baseballguy2001 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 3:48 pm

twomillenium wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 10:10 pm
I do not understand that more than a month after the illegal raid why no charges have been filed.
That's easy, It goes something like this .. *clears throat* The law is for thee citizen, not for me, a respected LEO under a cloud of suspicion. Everybody who supervised, who had any kind of responsibility for, or any kind of accountability for these crooked cops is in deep yogurt, and the Powers that be, know it. They are about to have to dismiss or re-open and review over 1400 cases these clowns were in charge of. The Feds will no doubt have to be called in sooner or later, and the locals are trying as they might to avoid that. Anyone in the Narco division will be lucky to keep their jobs.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”