TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

Reports of actual crimes and investigations, not hypothetical situations.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7762
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#1

Post by philip964 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:12 pm

https://www.click2houston.com/news/crim ... st-houston

Art gets more TV time.

2 gangs have a meet up.

Sounds like one of the gangs have been watching action movies.

Rifle was “high powered”.


OneGun
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 681
Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:22 am
Location: Houston

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#2

Post by OneGun » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:34 pm

If one gang kills members of another gang, is that a misdemeanor murder or still a felony?
Annoy a Liberal, GET A JOB!

User avatar

Beiruty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 8897
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:22 pm
Location: Allen, Texas

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#3

Post by Beiruty » Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 am

OneGun wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:34 pm
If one gang kills members of another gang, is that a misdemeanor murder or still a felony?
For God sake, Acevedo leave the law abiding gun owners alone. You have a gang problem, deal with it. Moreover, you should have been fired for the corrupt PD you are running and the botched raid that resulted in 2 innocent persons dead.
Resign!
Beiruty,
United we stand, dispersed we falter
2014: NRA Endowment lifetime member


TreyHouston
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1517
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2016 5:00 pm
Location: Tomball

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#4

Post by TreyHouston » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:00 am

I posted not too long ago:

“ Houston doesn’t have a gang problem. We only have 21,000 registered gang members and they only affect each other” Acevedo
"Jump in there sport, get it done and we'll all sing your praises." -Chas

How many times a day could you say this? :cheers2:

User avatar

Liberty
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5984
Joined: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:49 pm
Location: Galveston
Contact:

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#5

Post by Liberty » Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:17 am

TreyHouston wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:00 am
I posted not too long ago:

“ Houston doesn’t have a gang problem. We only have 21,000 registered gang members and they only affect each other” Acevedo
Where is this registry and is it public so we can all see? I would imagine registering gang membership is about as effective as registering felons who own guns.
Liberty''s Blog
"Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom." John F. Kennedy

User avatar

AndyC
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 10192
Joined: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:34 pm
Location: Garland, TX

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#6

Post by AndyC » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:10 am

Acevedo has a clear message for the shooter.

"Come forward now, because if we identify you first, you're going to pay the price just like the person that pulled that trigger," he said.
That's anything but clear.
Remember Kitty Genovese

Image

Amateurs skip safety-checks - pros don't.
Preferred Travel Agent - 72 Virgins Dating Club
There's nothing quite like the offer of 230 grains to a man's chest to remind him of his manners


jordanmills
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 346
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:42 am

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#7

Post by jordanmills » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:33 am

AndyC wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:10 am
Acevedo has a clear message for the shooter.

"Come forward now, because if we identify you first, you're going to pay the price just like the person that pulled that trigger," he said.
That's anything but clear.
So who is he threatening this time? Because the shooter actually did pull the trigger, so if it's someone who didn't, it's not the rooftop shooter or any shooter on the ground.

User avatar

Jusme
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4756
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:23 pm
Location: Johnson County, Texas

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#8

Post by Jusme » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:35 am

AndyC wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:10 am
Acevedo has a clear message for the shooter.

"Come forward now, because if we identify you first, you're going to pay the price just like the person that pulled that trigger," he said.
That's anything but clear.
Yeah I am confused also. Was there one person who pulled the trigger, and another person who was the "shooter"?
Must have been a big gun to require two operators. Just sayin...
Take away the Second first, and the First is gone in a second :rules: :patriot:

User avatar

jollyman
Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 60
Joined: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:53 pm
Location: Alvin, Texas
Contact:

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#9

Post by jollyman » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:37 am

I noticed on the morning news today they were saying there were two “groups” involved, not two “gangs”.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not." -- Thomas Jefferson

User avatar

puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 5903
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#10

Post by puma guy » Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:51 am

AndyC wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:10 am
Acevedo has a clear message for the shooter.

"Come forward now, because if we identify you first, you're going to pay the price just like the person that pulled that trigger," he said.
That's anything but clear.
I thought the same thing, Andy! Both quotes make no sense.
"It may not be your loved one, it may be tomorrow unless we stand up together to stop this violence. ......" Acevedo said.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!
Image


PBratton
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 1407
Joined: Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:47 pm
Location: Sugar Land, Texas

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#11

Post by PBratton » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:11 am

I found it very interesting that there was NO mention of the word "Gang" in the comments from the Chief.

I also wonder how the sniper members of his SWAT teams are feeling about his comments regarding the rooftop shooter...

Beiruty wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 1:40 am
OneGun wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:34 pm
If one gang kills members of another gang, is that a misdemeanor murder or still a felony?
For God sake, Acevedo leave the law abiding gun owners alone. You have a gang problem, deal with it. Moreover, you should have been fired for the corrupt PD you are running and the botched raid that resulted in 2 innocent persons dead.
Resign!
http://www.GeeksFirearms.com NFA dealer.
$25 Transfers in the Sugar Land, Richmond/Rosenburg areas, every 25th transfer I process is free

Active Military, Veterans, Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS receive $15 transfers.

NRA Patron Member, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, NRA Certified CRSO, Tx LTC Instructor

User avatar

bblhd672
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 4420
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:43 am
Location: TX

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#12

Post by bblhd672 » Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:43 pm

AndyC wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:10 am
Acevedo has a clear message for the shooter.

"Come forward now, because if we identify you first, you're going to pay the price just like the person that pulled that trigger," he said.
That's anything but clear.
To be clear, Acevedo isn’t. I’d like to see Artie and the police union guy square off in a world’s stupidest press conference challenge.
“In the information society, nobody thinks. We expected to banish paper, but we actually banished thought.” - Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park


apostate
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2257
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 10:01 am

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#13

Post by apostate » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:47 am

Apparently I was a little too truthful yesterday about the situation in Houston. :lol:

User avatar

Take Down Sicko
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 774
Joined: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:01 pm
Location: Houston Tx
Contact:

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#14

Post by Take Down Sicko » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:56 am

jordanmills wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:33 am
AndyC wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:10 am
Acevedo has a clear message for the shooter.

"Come forward now, because if we identify you first, you're going to pay the price just like the person that pulled that trigger," he said.
That's anything but clear.
So who is he threatening this time? Because the shooter actually did pull the trigger, so if it's someone who didn't, it's not the rooftop shooter or any shooter on the ground.
Thats code for ...We dont have a clue who you are


Topic author
philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 3
Posts: 7762
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: TX: Houston rooftop sniper shoots 4 kills 2

#15

Post by philip964 » Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:53 am

https://www.click2houston.com/news/crim ... st-houston

They have arrested a suspect but he was not the shooter.

Post Reply

Return to “The Crime Blotter”