HB750 & Reciprocity

Discussions about relevant bills filed and their status.

Moderator: Charles L. Cotton

Ameer
Posts in topic: 1

Re: HB750 & Reciprocity

Post by Ameer »

TrueFlog wrote:
tacticool wrote:Even if we limit the discussion to schools, the Federal rights-free school zone has an exemption for someone with a local CHL bot not an out-of-state CHL. (local/out-of-state relative to the school)
That act only pertains to K-12 schools whereas HB750 applies to colleges, so the two issues have nothing to do with each other.
Other than the fact that they're both related to guns and schools, and both treat in-state licenses different from out-of-state licenses..........no relation at all. :lol:
I believe the basic political division in this country is not between liberals and conservatives but between those who believe that they should have a say in the personal lives of strangers and those who do not.

RPB
Banned
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RPB »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Yes, HB750 does limit campus carry to Texas CHL's including non-resident Texas CHL's. I bet TexasCHLforum Members can guess why this provision was added to this session's bill.

I agree that the distinction is unnecessary in operational terms, but the bill isn't going to pass without the provision. Thanks again to the three Utah CFP Instructors who are responsible for raising the issue of out-of-state licenses. The Texas-CHL-only provision was not in last session's bills; it's here now because of the furor the Utah Instructors set off in Austin.

The best we can do now for our non-resident parents who want to visit their kids on Texas college campus is invite them to get a non-resident Texas CHL.

Chas.

To keep John Woods from carrying with his license from Virginia "rlol"
Just kidding, yeah I know why, but .... cloud/silver lining :mrgreen:
I'm no lawyer

"Never show your hole card" "Always have something in reserve"

tacticool
Posts in topic: 2

Post by tacticool »

The anti gunners got their Texas-only amendment and they're still blocking HB 750 from a floor vote.
When in doubt
Vote them out!

Return to “2011 Texas Legislative Session”