WalMart 72 Duracell "C" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping * Expired

Know of a good deal? Let your fellow Members know about it.

Moderators: Keith B, carlson1

User avatar

Topic author
puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 6159
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

WalMart 72 Duracell "C" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping * Expired

#1

Post by puma guy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:29 am

Just in time for all those Christmas "batteries not included" gifts.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Duracell-Cop ... Gp-RkbvBCM
Last edited by puma guy on Sat Dec 22, 2018 2:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 9488
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "D" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping

#2

Post by philip964 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:49 am

It was "C" size. Which I need more. I ordered a case. They are normally $13 for 8 at Target. I'm figuring it is some kind of error, but we will see. It is not sold by Walmart. Walmart is acting as an agent. Shipping is even free and there was no tax as well.

I'll let you know when they arrive.

User avatar

Topic author
puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 6159
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "D" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping

#3

Post by puma guy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:18 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:49 am
It was "C" size. Which I need more. I ordered a case. They are normally $13 for 8 at Target. I'm figuring it is some kind of error, but we will see. It is not sold by Walmart. Walmart is acting as an agent. Shipping is even free and there was no tax as well.

I'll let you know when they arrive.
Thanks for pointing out the title error. Yes. It's for "C" cells - I ordered a case as well.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

User avatar

Keith B
Moderator
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 18211
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2007 3:29 pm

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "C" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping

#4

Post by Keith B » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:25 pm

I am not a fan of Duracell batteries. They have a ‘technology’ called Duraloc which quickly drops the voltage per cell to 1.2v in an effort to make them last longer. Many items, like game cameras that require higher voltages for the IR flash don’t work well at all with them. I prefer Energizer which holds voltages up at 1.5v or higher for a much longer time and provide that extra punch when needed.
Keith
Texas LTC Instructor, Missouri CCW Instructor, NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun Instructor and RSO, NRA Life Member

Psalm 82:3-4

User avatar

G26ster
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 2649
Joined: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:28 pm
Location: DFW

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "C" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping

#5

Post by G26ster » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:29 pm

Keith B wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:25 pm
I prefer Energizer which holds voltages up at 1.5v or higher for a much longer time and provide that extra punch when needed.
Nah, I think you a just like the bunny :biggrinjester:

User avatar

Topic author
puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 6159
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "C" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping

#6

Post by puma guy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:26 am

Keith B wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:25 pm
I am not a fan of Duracell batteries. They have a ‘technology’ called Duraloc which quickly drops the voltage per cell to 1.2v in an effort to make them last longer. Many items, like game cameras that require higher voltages for the IR flash don’t work well at all with them. I prefer Energizer which holds voltages up at 1.5v or higher for a much longer time and provide that extra punch when needed.
I keep my batteries in the refrigerator until I need them. Mostly AA and AAA with a few C and D cells. I have varied brands including some "cheap" ones like Panasonic, Sony and even Harbor Freight. I always test them after they've warmed and they all are at least 1.5 V including the Duracell. Some of the batteries are 5 years old. I've noticed Energizer seem to leak quicker than Duracell. The worst leakers are Rayovac. I had some Rayovac C's and D's that leaked before their expiration date. That was the case 50 years ago, too. We sold Eveready, Rayovac and Burgess. Many of the Burgess would be leaking in the shelf before we could sell them and Rayovac was second worst. Hardly ever found a leaking Eveready. Of course Eveready and f Energizer are parts of the same company, so seeing them leak is surprising. Alkaline is obviously different technology than carbon/zinc batteries 50 years ago.

Oddly many reviews for batteries I've seen, including Consumer Reports, rate the Duracell and Energizer as the highest, but many times they use Energizer lithiums in the test, so it's not always apples and apples. Even then the tests are fairly close. but as they say YMMV
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

User avatar

Topic author
puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 6159
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "D" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping

#7

Post by puma guy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:45 am

philip964 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:49 am
It was "C" size. Which I need more. I ordered a case. They are normally $13 for 8 at Target. I'm figuring it is some kind of error, but we will see. It is not sold by Walmart. Walmart is acting as an agent. Shipping is even free and there was no tax as well.

I'll let you know when they arrive.
I got tracking info from UPS for my order.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 9488
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "C" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping

#8

Post by philip964 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:17 pm

Hmmmm. Refrigerator for my batteries. I know the wife won’t mind.

Rayovac last about 65% of Energiser or Duracell. Their lower price does not make up the difference.

Here I thought Panasonic was a premium brand for batteries.

I will test side by side Duracell vs Energiser and see who comes out on top with these C cells.

I need longer lasting not peak 1.5 v performance.

I only use Duracell in my tv remotes now. My battery needs are critical to me.

User avatar

Topic author
puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 6159
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "C" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping

#9

Post by puma guy » Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:43 pm

philip964 wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:17 pm
Hmmmm. Refrigerator for my batteries. I know the wife won’t mind.

Rayovac last about 65% of Energiser or Duracell. Their lower price does not make up the difference.

Here I thought Panasonic was a premium brand for batteries.

I will test side by side Duracell vs Energiser and see who comes out on top with these C cells.

I need longer lasting not peak 1.5 v performance.

I only use Duracell in my tv remotes now. My battery needs are critical to me.
My brother who was in the camera business for over 30 years told me about keeping batteries in the 'fridge. I have some AA Panasonic batteries that are at least 5 years old. I use them in the kids toys. I think I paid about 15 bucks for 100 batteries. The refrigerator/freezer storage works even better on NiCad and NiMH which self discharge at higher rates than alkaline. I think I paid about 15 bucks for 100 batteries.
Here's a Youtube on Cheap VS expensive batteries. (note he uses Energizer Lithium against Alkaline for the others. I've see several tests that use Energizer Lithiums against other Alkaline, I don't know why.

KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 9488
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "D" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping

#10

Post by philip964 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:41 pm

puma guy wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:45 am
philip964 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:49 am
It was "C" size. Which I need more. I ordered a case. They are normally $13 for 8 at Target. I'm figuring it is some kind of error, but we will see. It is not sold by Walmart. Walmart is acting as an agent. Shipping is even free and there was no tax as well.

I'll let you know when they arrive.
I got tracking info from UPS for my order.
Well a large box arrived with a small box of 12 batteries in it. No packing so it ended up being a small torn Duracell box with 12 loose batteries inside.

The shipping order says 1 box of 12 batteries. So it may be 5 more boxes are on the way since it arrived a little early. Or I have a new hobby dealing with Walmart.

User avatar

Topic author
puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 6159
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "D" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping

#11

Post by puma guy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:19 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:41 pm
puma guy wrote:
Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:45 am
philip964 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:49 am
It was "C" size. Which I need more. I ordered a case. They are normally $13 for 8 at Target. I'm figuring it is some kind of error, but we will see. It is not sold by Walmart. Walmart is acting as an agent. Shipping is even free and there was no tax as well.

I'll let you know when they arrive.
I got tracking info from UPS for my order.
Well a large box arrived with a small box of 12 batteries in it. No packing so it ended up being a small torn Duracell box with 12 loose batteries inside.

The shipping order says 1 box of 12 batteries. So it may be 5 more boxes are on the way since it arrived a little early. Or I have a new hobby dealing with Walmart.
Mine are supposed to arrive today. We'll see. Does the shipping label have a weight listed?
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!


philip964
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 4
Posts: 9488
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "C" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping * Expired

#12

Post by philip964 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:06 pm

Shipping receipt is real clear it’s only 12 batteries.

User avatar

Topic author
puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 6159
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "C" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping * Expired

#13

Post by puma guy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:38 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:06 pm
Shipping receipt is real clear it’s only 12 batteries.
Yeah! My order was just delivered. Calling WalMart.
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!


ninjabread
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 1
Posts: 647
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:12 pm

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "D" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping

#14

Post by ninjabread » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:26 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:49 am
It was "C" size. Which I need more. I ordered a case. They are normally $13 for 8 at Target. I'm figuring it is some kind of error, but we will see. It is not sold by Walmart. Walmart is acting as an agent. Shipping is even free and there was no tax as well.

I'll let you know when they arrive.
It's annoying you have to file taxes because the seller didn't collect sales tax but maybe it's worth the hassle to get C-cells for 50 cents each if you need half a gross.

https://comptroller.texas.gov/forms/01-156.pdf
This is my opinion. There are many like it, but this one is mine.


User avatar

Topic author
puma guy
Senior Member
Posts in topic: 9
Posts: 6159
Joined: Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:23 pm
Location: Near San Jacinto

Re: WalMart 72 Duracell "C" Cell Batteries $30.94 w/ free shipping * Expired

#15

Post by puma guy » Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:37 pm

philip964 wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:06 pm
Shipping receipt is real clear it’s only 12 batteries.
PM sent
KAHR PM40/Hoffner IWB and S&W Mod 60/ Galco IWB
NRA Endowment Member, TSRA Life Member,100 Club Life Member,TFC Member
My Faith, My Gun and My Constitution: I cling to all three!

Post Reply

Return to “Commercial Vendor Bargains and Deal”