Page 1 of 2

Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:27 pm
by Mike S
https://io9.gizmodo.com/u-s-military-is ... 1838412331

I've seen a couple articles this morning. Apparently the FBI has been monitoring a thread on the dark web regarding a potential mass shooting to coincide with the opening of the new Joker movie. Actual location is not known at this time.

Group associated with the threat is INCELS (Involuntary Celibates; mostly males who are 'frustrated' because they lack the social skills to have an intimate relationship with women, although there have been some females who identify with this group as well). A couple of past active shooters have identified with this group, & the Aurora CO theater shooter is one of their twisted 'heroes'.

Movie scheduled to open on 4 October.

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:40 pm
by crazy2medic
This would be one of the many reasons I don't go to the movies! This is why I when my daughter and grandchildren took me 2yrs ago for fathers day to the movies I carried (concealed) and walked around the metal detectors, any place that is a gun free zone is a big barrel and your the fish!

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:56 pm
by Jago668
This is why I don't go to AMC theathers. Cinemark or Alamo Drafthouse, while both are 30.07 at least they haven't gone full potato...yet.

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:12 pm
by Paladin
Thanks!

I am not into those particular movies but always good to have some warning. :cheers2:

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:19 pm
by Grayling813
Hollyweird promotes violence on one hand while working to infringe upon the 2nd with the other.

This is just another reason not to support the communists in Hollyweird.

Of course if one of those mal-formed twisted minds does shoot up a movie theater, it will be the fault of the NRA and the guns.

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:24 pm
by Grayling813
Beware of jokers in clown masks....

Image

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:26 pm
by Paladin
Grayling813 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 1:19 pm
Hollyweird promotes violence on one hand while working to infringe upon the 2nd with the other.

This is just another reason not to support the communists in Hollyweird.

Of course if one of those mal-formed twisted minds does shoot up a movie theater, it will be the fault of the NRA and the guns.
:iagree:

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:33 pm
by narcissist
In a way with them releasing this information could cause more "idiots" to go shoot up the theaters.[Puts the Idea in their head] Kinda like a double edge sword, good that people are aware but at the same time if they dont plan on doing anything about it seams kinda bad? Guess if anyone must see this movie wait for it on DvD.

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:38 pm
by striker55
If I can't carry concealed I won't go to any movie theater. I need to protect my family and me.

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:45 pm
by oljames3
striker55 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:38 pm
If I can't carry concealed I won't go to any movie theater. I need to protect my family and me.
Agreed. As previously stated, Cinemark and Alamo Drafthouse are not, as far as I know, posted with 30.06.

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:06 pm
by striker55
oljames3 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:45 pm
striker55 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 2:38 pm
If I can't carry concealed I won't go to any movie theater. I need to protect my family and me.
Agreed. As previously stated, Cinemark and Alamo Drafthouse are not, as far as I know, posted with 30.06.
Yes you are correct, I'll only go to Cinemark.

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 4:19 pm
by Tex1961
We're going this Friday to see Downton Abby... My choices were the Studio Movie Grill or Angelika Movie theater.... The Angelika is posted 06/07, Studio movie grill isn't posted at all... Guess which one I chose.... Plus it's fru-fru stuff at Angelika or Burgers at SMG.... :anamatedbanana Win Win if you ask me...

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:30 pm
by RottenApple
Jago668 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:56 pm
This is why I don't go to AMC theathers. Cinemark or Alamo Drafthouse, while both are 30.07 at least they haven't gone full potato...yet.
I haven't seen a legal 30.06 at any AMC theater I've been to. For example, the AMC at Firewheel Mall in DFW is printed on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper. I.E. - Not legal notice.

That may have changed, however, as it's been a few years since I've been there.

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:52 pm
by TreyHouston
QUESTION
The Colorado theater shooting, the perp came in through the side door and shot up the theater. So why would putting up 30.06 and metal detectors?
AHHHH, bad me, there I am using LOGIC AGAIN. :banghead:

Re: Force protection warning: Joker movie opening night

Posted: Wed Sep 25, 2019 7:52 pm
by Jago668
RottenApple wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:30 pm
Jago668 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 12:56 pm
This is why I don't go to AMC theathers. Cinemark or Alamo Drafthouse, while both are 30.07 at least they haven't gone full potato...yet.
I haven't seen a legal 30.06 at any AMC theater I've been to. For example, the AMC at Firewheel Mall in DFW is printed on a 8.5x11 sheet of paper. I.E. - Not legal notice.

That may have changed, however, as it's been a few years since I've been there.
I was in the Northpark mall half a year ago, and theirs are legal now. Used to be as you say, I don't know about other locations.