Personal Protection in the Home Class

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

stevie_d_64
Posts in topic: 7

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Not to put a damper on this, but since we have a potential storm heading our way, would anyone be up to discussing re-scheduling this class for another Saturday???

I don't shoot very well in adverse weather conditions...Although it would be a challenge... :lol:

Just an idea...If it misses us, I'll be there...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin
Posts in topic: 1

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

Marc and I are keeping an eye on it and we don't like what we see. We will post an update here as we get closer to the weekend. As of this point, the class is still on, but we'll know more by Thursday.

Regards,
Chas.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Thats a Rog, Chas...

I'm not diggin' it either...Rita that is...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
TraCoun
Posts in topic: 8

Class cancelled ...

Post by TraCoun »

Due to Rita and the fact that most major computer models give her a real good chance of hitting the Upper Texas/Louisiana Gulf Coast, we are cancelling the Personal Protection in the Home class scheduled for this coming Saturday, 9/24.

We will let you know ASAP when we reschedule.

Hopefully a week from now we'll be saying we could have done it, but all of us have much more to think about than getting ready for the class.

Thanx,
TraCoun

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Thanks for the update. I was thinking about this very thing and was gonna ask. Glad to know you were ahead of me.

stevie_d_64

Re: Class cancelled ...

Post by stevie_d_64 »

TraCoun wrote:Hopefully a week from now we'll be saying we could have done it, but all of us have much more to think about than getting ready for the class.

Thanx,
TraCoun
Absolutely...

With all thats going on and the focus being needed elsewhere, I totally agree...Good call...

And when you reschedule the class, it'll make it even that much better for everyone...

I'll be there...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
TraCoun

Rescheduled ...

Post by TraCoun »

Charles and I have rescheduled the Personal Protection in the Home class for Saturday, November 19. That's the weekend before Thanksgiving. Please let us know if you plan to attend, so we know how many to expect.

Thanx,
TraCoun

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

I will have to make the next one, unfortunately. That weekend is my son's birthday.

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

As far as I know, I can attend that Saturday...Should be fun...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

Bumping this up again...

November 19th (Saturday) Weekend before Thanksgiving...

8am to 5pm (still good???)

Bring 2-3 mags for the SA shooters, and same amount or reloaders for the revolver guys and gals...

$50 for the class...

- Should we pitch in something ($$$, or stuff to cook) to whip up real quick on the grill over there like we did on the PSC day??? Or bring "cold" balogne samiches??? :wink:

I'm officially re-RSVP'ing for this date...I may try to convince "Wife Unit" to participate as well...She needs every bit of enticing to go shoot some more...Maybe not too much...
NRA - Life Member
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
TraCoun

Post by TraCoun »

stevie_d_64 wrote:November 19th (Saturday) Weekend before Thanksgiving...

8am to 5pm (still good???)

Bring 2-3 mags for the SA shooters, and same amount or reloaders for the revolver guys and gals...

$50 for the class...

- Should we pitch in something ($$$, or stuff to cook) to whip up real quick on the grill over there like we did on the PSC day??? Or bring "cold" balogne samiches??? :wink:

I'm officially re-RSVP'ing for this date...I may try to convince "Wife Unit" to participate as well...She needs every bit of enticing to go shoot some more...Maybe not too much...
Stevie,
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM should still be good - we will start at 8:00 AM sharp
Magazines, speed loaders - sounds good
We encourage you to bring your home defense gun, but any metallic cartridge SA or REV is okay, including .22's
$ 50 - yup
A holster is not REQUIRED but it is a VERY GOOD IDEA
Eyes and ears of course
Also, keep an eye on the weather for clothing needs
Most likely we will break for lunch; if you want to brown bag it that's fine, otherwise you'll have time to go get something
Encourage your wife .... as we have seen on other threads good mechanics are absolutely essential, but so is mindset - and part of that is confidence in your firearm and your skills - we will work on all of it
Can't remember if I mentioned, but the practical part is a MINIMUM of 98 rounds.
Thanx,
TraCoun

seadawg221
Posts in topic: 1

Post by seadawg221 »

Put me down for this event as well. My wife will be out of town this day and I couldn't think of anything that would be better to spend my time doing!

Return to “General”