Personal Protection in the Home Class

General training discussions and class reviews.

Moderators: carlson1, Crossfire

Topic author
TraCoun
Posts in topic: 8

Personal Protection in the Home Class

Post by TraCoun »

Charles Cotton and Marc Gentine (TraCoun) will be doing an NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home class on 9/24/05, from 8:00 AM until probably 5:00 PM. This class is for those who already have at least some proficiency with handguns. It involves some classroom time and a range session that involves a minimum of 98 rounds. If anyone is interested please let us know as soon as you reasonably can.

mrmud1
Posts in topic: 1

Post by mrmud1 »

How much does it cost to take the class? and what does a student need to bring, or is everything supplied?

Topic author
TraCoun

NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home class

Post by TraCoun »

mrmud1 wrote:How much does it cost to take the class? and what does a student need to bring, or is everything supplied?
mrmud1 - We are still looking at the costs. I will let you know ASAP, probably within a day or so.

You need to bring a pistol. It can be revolver or SA. .38 caliber or over is recommended (.380 is fine), but it can be any metallic cartridge pistol. If you do not have a pistol, we have some .22 SA's, you can use one of those.

For SA's we recommend at least 2 or 3 magazines, and for revolvers 2 or 3 speed loaders. Those are not requirements, it will just make things easier. Some sort of a holster will also be a help.

If you send me a PM, I will send back a course description with more information.

Thanx,
TraCoun

dws1117
Posts in topic: 7

Post by dws1117 »

Cost information would be greatly appreciated. I promise that one day I will get out to one of these.

Topic author
TraCoun

NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home class

Post by TraCoun »

mrmud1, dws1117 and anyone else interested:

The fee for our NRA Basic Personal Protection in the Home class will be $ 50.00. If you want more information please send me a PM with an e-mail address, and I will send you a course description and other information.

Thanx for the interest.

TraCoun

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

I'd like to attend...Cash on the barrelhead...No problemo...

If thats ok...

I'm marking my calender...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

I hope I can make it.

therooster
Posts in topic: 2

Post by therooster »

where will this be held at?
"live with honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of disgrace, cruelty, weekness, and fear." - Justin Smith in a letter to Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

TXDPSA

stevie_d_64

Post by stevie_d_64 »

therooster wrote:where will this be held at?
I'm guessing the PSC range...Pearland Sportsman Club...Pearland, Texas

Head around the Beltway till you get to I-45, and head towards Galveston...

Take the NASA Rd 1 exit and head west on (not towards NASA) on FM 528, stay on that all the way basically...When you cross over FM 518, you'll be getting closer...

Stay on FM 528 till you see the red/white radio transmitter tower on the left...The road that leads you off of FM 528 to the tower road is the same one used to get you to PSC...You can't miss it from there...

Click on Charles Cotton's homepage link on his profile...That'll give you more info on PSC...
"Perseverance and Preparedness triumph over Procrastination and Paranoia every time.” -- Steve
NRA - Life Member
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"
Μολών λαβέ!

Topic author
TraCoun

Class location plus ...

Post by TraCoun »

Yes, the class will be at PSC. If you go to http://www.psc-range.com you can find links to 2 different maps.

Rooster -- From what I've seen on the forum you have a good amount of experience. If you are thinking of this class for yourself, please understand it is the NRA BASIC Personal Protection in the Home class. I have a feeling it might not be very challenging for you.

Thanx,
TraCoun

therooster
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Class location plus ...

Post by therooster »

TraCoun wrote:Yes, the class will be at PSC. If you go to http://www.psc-range.com you can find links to 2 different maps.

Rooster -- From what I've seen on the forum you have a good amount of experience. If you are thinking of this class for yourself, please understand it is the NRA BASIC Personal Protection in the Home class. I have a feeling it might not be very challenging for you.

Thanx,
TraCoun

ah, there is always something to be learned not matter how experienced you are. i will try to make it out there if the date doesnt interfere with Tim's class.

i asked where not just for me, but for anyone else who may be reading this thread.
"live with honor, and let not your death be born by the pallbearers of disgrace, cruelty, weekness, and fear." - Justin Smith in a letter to Lt. Col. Dave Grossman

TXDPSA

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

TraCoun:

Has cost been determined as of yet?

Topic author
TraCoun

Class fee .

Post by TraCoun »

dws1117 wrote:TraCoun:

Has cost been determined as of yet?
Yes, $ 50. Please see my post from 9/7.

Also, Rooster, thanks. Hope to see you there.

TraCoun

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

Sorry, TraCoun I hadn't seen that. Sorry to be a pest. Count me in!

dws1117

Post by dws1117 »

If anyone from north of town that is planning on attending would like to carpool PM me.

Return to “General”