Open Carry Question

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Open Carry Question

Post by steveincowtown »

Charles L. Cotton wrote:Confusing and conflicting statements and instructions have been issued by OCT leadership. All gun owners, and especially OCT members, need a clear and unequivocal statement from OCT on the following issues.

1. Will OCT support any or all licensed open-carry bills during the 2015 Texas Legislative Session?
2. Will OCT oppose any or all licensed open-carry billls?
3. Will OCT support only HB195 - unlicensed open-carry?

It's time for OCT leadership to stop sending mixed signals and let gun owners know their position on these issues.

Chas.
Charles,

I have been traveling over the past few weeks, so this may have already been covered, but could you provide the NRA and/or TSRA stance on the three items above as well. It would be great to know where every stands.
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

The Annoyed Man
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Question for OCT

Post by The Annoyed Man »

steveincowtown wrote:
Charles L. Cotton wrote:Confusing and conflicting statements and instructions have been issued by OCT leadership. All gun owners, and especially OCT members, need a clear and unequivocal statement from OCT on the following issues.

1. Will OCT support any or all licensed open-carry bills during the 2015 Texas Legislative Session?

It's time for OCT leadership to stop sending mixed signals and let gun owners know their position on these issues.

Chas.
Charles,

I have been traveling over the past few weeks, so this may have already been covered, but could you provide the NRA and/or TSRA stance on the three items above as well. It would be great to know where every stands.
Steve: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=75052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's logical to assume that when Charles says "support" or "oppose" on that thread, that pretty much represents the NRA/TSRA thinking.
“Hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. Good times create weak men. And, weak men create hard times.”

― G. Michael Hopf, "Those Who Remain"

#TINVOWOOT

mojo84
Posts in topic: 1

Re: Open Carry Question

Post by mojo84 »

and here https://www.texasfirearmscoalition.com/ ... tus-report" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Topic author
steveincowtown
Banned
Posts in topic: 2

Re: Question for OCT

Post by steveincowtown »

The Annoyed Man wrote:
steveincowtown wrote:

Chas.
Charles,

Steve: viewtopic.php?f=133&t=75052" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's logical to assume that when Charles says "support" or "oppose" on that thread, that pretty much represents the NRA/TSRA thinking.
Then why have none of the bills been posted to the Texas section of "state legislation" on the NRA-ILA? As much as I do care about Charles opinion, and his expertise, I want to know what bill the NRA will be pushing.

If the answer is that tactically it would make no sense for the NRA to reveal their position yet, than how in the world would it make sense for OCT to reveal their position?
The Time is Now...
NRA Lifetime Member

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”