constitutional carry introduced in the Senate

Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

Topic author
paxton25
Posts in topic: 3

constitutional carry introduced in the Senate

Post by paxton25 »

This is the anticipated Senate companion bill to HB195, Huffines is a true patriot. Good to see NAGR pledge their full support for this bill.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/ ... bill.html/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

Re: constitutional carry introduced in the Senate

Post by Charles L. Cotton »

paxton25 wrote:This is the anticipated Senate companion bill to HB195, Huffines is a true patriot. Good to see NAGR pledge their full support for this bill.

http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.com/ ... bill.html/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Are you really happy to see NAGR involved in this bill? If so, I cannot imagine why. NAGR support of the Bill is not helpful. Dudley Brown sent a letter to all House Members telling them that, if they vote for Straus, NAGR will list them as anti-gun. Thankfully, only a relative handful of people believe NAGR. A clip from an earlier post is set out below with links to other Second Amendment organizations that condemn NAGR.

Chas.
Charles L. Cotton wrote:More importantly, any person or organization that "joins with" or supports NAGR must not have done the least bit of research about Dudley Brown or NAGR. Here is a link to a post by the Second Amendment Foundation. Read about some of NAGR's escapades. Be sure to read the letter from Students for Concealed Carry President Daniel Crocker to Dudley Brown in response to NAGR's attempt to claim credit for a legal victory to which NAGR was not a party.

The Minnesota Gun Owners Civil Rights Alliance responded on its Facebook page to a bogus NAGR/Dudley Brown solicitation email that claimed the gun rights group was supporting gun control. "There is an inflammatory email being sent to Minnesotans by an out-of-state individual who has never actually accomplished anything for Minnesota gun rights (or those of any other state that we can see). The real purpose of this email is the same as all the rest of the emails this individual sends: to solicit donations."

This Dudley Brown/NAGR that has been condemned by long-standing gun rights organizations is the same Dudley Brown/NAGR that OCT proudly claims as an ally. I am reminded of the old adage that "one who lays down with dogs gets up with fleas." The true nature of OCT is becoming clear.

Topic author
paxton25

Post by paxton25 »

Yes I am happy to see them involved. I would have been happy to see the NRA or TSRA reps there too.

Topic author
paxton25

Post by paxton25 »

And to be fair NAGR didn't say they would list them as anti gun, they said they would count a vote for Straus as an anti gun vote when they do their scorecards, subtle difference there. Considering how Straus has buried good gun legislation in the past I don't see how scoring a vote for him as a black mark is somehow outrageous or wrong.

RoyGBiv
Posts in topic: 1

Post by RoyGBiv »

paxton25 wrote:Yes I am happy to see them involved. I would have been happy to see the NRA or TSRA reps there too.
Did you read any of those links from Charles?
Even the first one?
I am not a lawyer. This is NOT legal advice.!
Nothing tempers idealism quite like the cold bath of reality.... SQLGeek

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

paxton25 wrote:And to be fair NAGR didn't say they would list them as anti gun, they said they would count a vote for Straus as an anti gun vote when they do their scorecards, subtle difference there. Considering how Straus has buried good gun legislation in the past I don't see how scoring a vote for him as a black mark is somehow outrageous or wrong.
NAGR lies routinely about pro-gun legislators and all other Second Amendment rights organizations. Read the links I posted. I'm having a copy of the letter sent to me and I'll post it when it arrives.

NAGR being involved hurts the bill.

Chas.

baseballguy2001
Posts in topic: 1

Post by baseballguy2001 »

If good open carry legislation or frankly any good bill gets passed by the legislature and it's signed by the governor, does it matter what group backed it? Or even claimed credit that they backed it?

Suppose budget legislation is passed. A bill that has fiscal responsibility, saves some money for a "rainy" day, yet funds government so that associates can do their jobs confidently and efficiently. (I know, I'm in fantasy land here, work with me) Would it matter if the Communist Party of Texas and Descendants of the Texas Civil War veterans helped pass the bill?

Senator Huffines sounded pretty confidant that open carry legislation would become law. Personally, I think it's a long shot. By the longest of longshots. As in, a horse who's NEVER won any kind of race to a triple crown winner all in one season longshot.

We'll see.
7.30.08 -- Plastic in hand (99 days)
04.01.18--2nd Renewal
05.05.18-- Plastic

Charles L. Cotton
Site Admin

baseballguy2001 wrote:If good open carry legislation or frankly any good bill gets passed by the legislature and it's signed by the governor, does it matter what group backed it? Or even claimed credit that they backed it?
If you care about honesty, integrity, accountability, who should be financially supported, who gets results and who falsely claims credit, and future relationships with elected officials, then it matters a lot.

Chas.

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”