Moderators: carlson1, Charles L. Cotton

mojo84
Posts in topic: 10

Re: I'm almost hoping Open Carry fails… here's why

Post by mojo84 »

TVGuy wrote:
CleverNickname wrote:
Winchster wrote:
CleverNickname wrote: No, I don't own property that's open to the public. But I'm not arguing that a property owner shouldn't be able to ban firearms. I'm arguing that if they want to ban firearms, then they need to actually take active measures to ensure that firearms are not brought onto their property, not just passively posting a sign which does nothing to prevent someone with ill intent from carrying a gun.
Would you be willing to do all of this on your personal property?
Sure, why wouldn't I?

And as far as reciprocity and the GFSZ law, it would be nice if Cornyn's reciprocity bill changed the GFSZ law to explicitly allow any other carry licenses that were recognized by the state where the GFSZ is located.
MPA as well. I can't imagine how many people unknowingly violate GFZs across the country every day.

Of all the cops I know and have in my family, none of them care about enforcing the federal gun free zone law unless they bust someone for another serious crime.
Last edited by mojo84 on Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Note: Me sharing a link and information published by others does not constitute my endorsement, agreement, disagreement, my opinion or publishing by me. If you do not like what is contained at a link I share, take it up with the author or publisher of the content.

Winchster
Posts in topic: 2

Re: I'm almost hoping Open Carry fails… here's why

Post by Winchster »

CleverNickname wrote:
Winchster wrote:
CleverNickname wrote: No, I don't own property that's open to the public. But I'm not arguing that a property owner shouldn't be able to ban firearms. I'm arguing that if they want to ban firearms, then they need to actually take active measures to ensure that firearms are not brought onto their property, not just passively posting a sign which does nothing to prevent someone with ill intent from carrying a gun.
Would you be willing to do all of this on your personal property?
Sure, why wouldn't I?

And as far as reciprocity and the GFSZ law, it would be nice if Cornyn's reciprocity bill changed the GFSZ law to explicitly allow any other carry licenses that were recognized by the state where the GFSZ is located.
Then that is where we disagree, I want to be able to hang a sign and call the sheriff if somebody ignores it. Not jump through hoops to make absolutely sure.
What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?

Return to “2015 Legislative Session”